[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

1. Put your mouse over Alfred Kamon's name.

2. Click Send Message.

3. Click Use Full Editor.

Lemme know if you need more help, though I'm gonna be gone for a while.

I think he was talking about attachments, he said he already sent the PM.

(Attachments are under the text box in the full post maker/editor)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WARNING:

As with v.1.2, moving ANY unit on the map in chapter 8 caused a Game Over.

This has been fixed after hours of trial & error... man, it was such a nasty bug this time.

Please download the new v.1.2 that I've just uploaded in the first post if you've experienced the issue.

V.1.3 will come out in the next days and will grant you access to skirmishes.

By the way, I'm curious, what are you expecting from skirmish battles?

Edited by Alfred Kamon

WARNING:

This has been fixed after hours of trial & error... man, it was such a nasty bug this time.

Please download the new v.1.2 that I've just uploaded in the first post if you've experienced the issue.

Mostly just promotion items, new characters and legendary weapons.

Nah really just access to shops (I hate nut having enough weapons in fire emblem games) and a place to train.

Nah, don't make tons of EXP. That's what made FE8 too easy, make it sorta of a challenge to get your EXP and have a droppable Weapon/Promotion item. Don't make every enemy in a skirmish to give like, 50 EXP per kill. :\ I don't want Midnight Sun to be broken like FE8 was. Just do what MK404 did, make it harder to get EXP from Skirmishes. It worked and it dis-encouraged grinding.

Nah really just access to shops (I hate nut having enough weapons in fire emblem games)...

You know you can shop at locations you've already beat from the world map right? Not sure how complete this is for Midnight Sun, though.

Well, skirmishes will allow me to promote a certain trainee finally as she reached level 10 in chapter 8. That, and allow me to maybe redeem Cattleya and Garion. I could just do another playthrough on v1.2 to get Cattleya's better stats+sword but nah. Too much effort.

WARNING:

I expect a challenge. Most skrimishes were dumb easy in Sacred stones and was way too easy to expliot.

On the topic of V1.2 Cattleya is very easy to work with now. I been using her to help feed kills to others now. A slight nerf to either her new weapon or her speed/skill would be good.

I got to chapter 8 and got that glitch before seeing this update, So gonna patch but I already almost have everyone in 12-20 range. Experience is way too easy to come by in Hard difficulty imo. Might want to tone it down a little. Chapter 6 is still the hardest for me mostly because of how many units you have to baby. I still don't know how others had problems with chapter 7.

So appearantly I am still getting game over from the new download link for v1.2.

also the cursor starts here When I start chapter 8 and is stuck until I bring up the menu

post-11506-0-20820700-1402353268_thumb.jpeg

1)I can use the unit of 1.1 in the new version(menmus ave 11/12 of speed,i can´t drop him)

2)You only need to press the button a(in emulator change...)and vola

(google translator)

Edited by DiStefan36

He hasn't worked out their stats yet, and it's not like vanilla FE8 didn't hold back some monster types either.

Garions the boss, even in my playthrough of Version 1.2

I Finished the game part for the second time, no glitches or nothing. I'll probably post the rest of my note worthy team at a later point. But as before, Bandit pride. ;)
Heres some extra service.

Edited by ScumbagJade

So appearantly I am still getting game over from the new download link for v1.2.

also the cursor starts here When I start chapter 8 and is stuck until I bring up the menu

appeantly patching over the old patch doesnt fix the bug for me. Need to patch a clean version and copy over the save to fix it. Still getting the glitch of it starting way over >>>> until i bring up the menu and select a unit from the menu.

Edited by Chaz

appeantly patching over the old patch doesnt fix the bug for me. Need to patch a clean version and copy over the save to fix it. Still getting the glitch of it starting way over >>>> until i bring up the menu and select a unit from the menu.

You might want to do something about that double post before Five-O goes to correct it. Also, that seems to be one of those things that just happens when the main character Lord isnt on the screen to your side. Annoying thing it is.

I have to say, this is a pretty damn good hack in my opinion. I love how it gives you hints throughout the game so it doesn't always end up being trial and error. It is difficult if you are trying to do every objective that you can though. It might be because I'm not the greatest when it comes to strategy (stupid RNG), but the enemies seem to be a bit more powerful than they should be compared to the characters given to you. (Playing Normal Difficulty by the way.) To me, it doesn't always seem to be fair especially when I can get a poor level up a few times and make the character to be completely useless later on. (I'm looking at you Menmus and Cattleya.)

On a side note, is it possible not to use Hellios in the beginning? I've played Fire Emblem 6 through 13 and always found a way not to use the "Jeigan" character much (if at all). The only thing I do with them is remove their equipment and put them in the middle of enemies to soak up damage or to lure the enemies out and have my other characters defeat the threat. I'm just wondering because I want to do another playthrough without using him too much.

Also, I love how my name happened to be used in a Fire Emblem game and is used for a mage! I can't wait to get the promotion item for magic users! (Sage being my favorite class.)

Edited by VoltStrike