[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Yeah, your health is the most important thing here !

University life is already exhausting enough without adding any more stress...

If you ruin everything else to finish it, it won't be worth it.

We know you'll finish it, and we'll wait the time needed.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was expected by many of you, but I didn't make it in time.

3 months ago I was sure I'd have been able to dedicate a lot of time on this project (at least 5 hours / day) in order to finish it by the end of the year. However, my life suddenly became unpredictably busy. I still tried to manage all of my new tasks at once, and because of that I passed 2 months sleeping 5 hours a day.

[spoiler=My life]I wake up at 7 a.m and stay at the university from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. During the lessons I also try to write some dialogues for the game, or some scripts for the events. At 6 p.m. sometimes I have to work with some other students for various university projects. I'm usually back home at 7.30 p.m. I make some videos for my YouTube channel (I need those earnings), cook for my family, call my gf. At 0:00 everybody in my house goes to sleep. But it's midnight, so I work on Midnight Sun (pun intended) until 2 a.m. The following day everything starts over again.

In the end, I decided that trying to finish the project this soon was an excessive burden for me. I was really looking forward to it, but I chose my health over my vow, so this isn't going to be a thing in December.

Still, I'll try to release at least a v.1.5 with all the bugs fixed, some tweaked chapters, and access to the first floor of the Tower, along with supports (maybe).

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't want to die while trying to rush a project that is so important to me.

Please know that I tried.

And thank you, because today Midnight Sun reached 17'000 downloads.

Aww :(

Oh well, something to look forward to.

Sooo, you think you can give us a slight hint on when we can start looking forward to the full release? :)

Aww :(

Oh well, something to look forward to.

Sooo, you think you can give us a slight hint on when we can start looking forward to the full release? :)

the last projected timeframe - amount already completed in the wait time from the announcement to now - sleep time - school time - family time maybe :P

No worries dude.

At least you're working on something that you greatly enjoys and wish to story tell.

And I'm not.

I'm still looking forward to this.

My rough estimation of final release would be around late March perhaps?

Your health and your real life duties come first. We will wait!

Until then, I look forward to the next patch. I'm curious to see what the Tower looks like!

this morning i woke up to my alarm at 7am, but i slept at 3am. i went back to sleep until 11am because i remember how terrible i felt when i was sick three weeks ago. lack of sleep butchers your immune system, and its difficult keeping things in place at uni when you're sick. you may not agree with me, but this hack comes second, or even farther down the lines than the actual priorities you have. so please, take your time. you owe no one anything.

Alfred, just chill,okie? I really enjoy this hack, and I would raver have it finished sometime rather than never. If you work yourself to overexertion then you could never finish it. So it's better if you think "How many hours can I set aside without harming my health?" And then go from there instead of overexerting yourself. Your health is a LOT more important than this hack. So just take one step at a time. Sorry if this sounded a bit weird...

Hey Alfred, i'm playing Midnigth Sun again, after a looong time. Dude, I forgot how it was good, keep up the good work, because i'm super excited for the next release. Also, My Fa is such a beast, really. Here is a screenshoot, if anyone wanna take a look at her, I just finished chapter 4. post-11168-0-76410000-1449868254_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Today is my birthday so when I came to the serenesforest I hoped for a few things in order of wanting it.

3. New Dondon playthrough announced.
2. Fates EU release date.
1. Midnight Sun news.

Tbh. Take your time. I'll be a good kitty and keep myself busy elsewhere in the meantime.

9 days till january ends can't wait if 1.5 comes out I just read every comment all 105 pages lol Still wondering if that Guard will finish his Donut. Awesome job AK with this hack Also will the recruits/pupil/rebel get any bonus for making them into wonder pupil/savage rebel and stuff?