[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

I guess I will post my latest 1.6 team too.

36veSJb.png

Fa was speed skilll res rng screwed this time but she still did well despite that.

YvG8B93.png

He turned out a lot better for me in 1.6 compared to 1.0

nPo8rhv.png

Giving this game magic and str to all units was the best thing that happened to rya. Preformed a lot better thanks to this game mechanic.

1SsPMhf.png

benched heal bot at chapter 6 or 7.

a68rMYi.png

andre didnt turn out quite as god tier as he did in 1.0 but that didnt stop him from owning everything after promoting.

dl5nIxs.png

Cattleya is turning out to be better then she was in 1.0

tuw09gV.png

less luck then 1.0 version but better offensive and defensive abilities then my 1.0 Menmus too.

wtA99aO.png

I think you gave him better base stats then what he has in 1.0. I actually used him from chapter 3 to chapter 8. turned out decent.

SONKGbo.png

he didnt get str blessed like last time but he still did pretty good doing his job with his father

0PmdKWX.png

He didnt get as blessed as he did in 1.0. Still held his own.

P48CFCy.png

rng speed blessed compared to 1.0 everything else is about the same in abilities.

I didnt use Letrurffe that much and I benched poor Schwarc again

Opps I forgot someone.

eX97rMM.png

Literally still goddess tier. MVP status just like last time.

for thoses who didnt see my 1.0 version of units.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35455&p=3127648

I did and didn't like the one of the changes you did to chapter 8. I did like it because it encourages the player to not take his time. I didn't like it because holy smokes their movement after x amount of turns.

Still enjoyed this hack like I did in 1.0 so keep up the good work. I look forward to whenever you can complete 2.0

Edited by Chaz

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a tiny issue, i promoted Sae'rah to a soldier and it seems she is gaining exp waaaayyyy too slowly. Anyone else experiencing this?

I might be RNG blessed because practically all my units are turning out to be fantastic. Unfortunately I lost schwarz in ch.7 after a bullshit 2% crit by the last remaining enemy on the map, an archer with a longbow (fml), and I didn't feel like restarting. I missed out on Cattleya, Garion and Djambo so I'm thinking about restarting from the beginning.

Menmus though... for a lvl 17 wyvern rider he's tanky af (18 def along with a lot of hp and strength), but he has 7 (!) speed. He's alright though. Christoph is crazy good, Andre is rediculous, Rya is insanely strong and fast, so overall, really good characters.

Probably gonna restart tomorrow and take a look at the other characters. I love this hack so much though :)

Edited by Joerai

Great hack as always, Alfred, i'm hyped for 2.0 :D btw, i can see a lot of people that don't like Cattleya and i don't know if i was blessed, but my Cattleya is a beast. Just take a look at this: http://imgur.com/WcnIms4. Oh yeah, i think i can show a little more of my characters. Here is my Fa, Weiss and Rya: http://imgur.com/a/Y18Bd

Edited by DemonStryker

Lovin this, tho I am admittedly having some difficulty at points. Maybe I just suck at FE or some shit.

Dumb question, but since this hack takes place on pseudo-future Magvel like how Awakening takes place on pseudo-future Archenea, will we be seeing an older Myrrh in this? Dumb question I know, but I'm curious.

well, i was wondering if the code for max gold would work on MD, well, since the bade rom is Sacred stones, and the codes work for sacred stones, it worked for MD!

i just turned on the (M) code and the cheat 0: max gold on and it works like in SS FE!

lol, with this you can get lots of stuff from the shop/armory and keep the good weapons etc for future ch's :)

and access the tower of valni/trials since you will have more than 1k gold it needs.

also, for accessing the tower, can you ONLY access it once (like go inside and level up specific charters a bit, then retreat, then go back in after 1 day or so?)

and to go back in do you need to wait 1 day to do so?

also, for accessing the tower, can you ONLY access it once (like go inside and level up specific charters a bit, then retreat, then go back in after 1 day or so?)

and to go back in do you need to wait 1 day to do so?

As far as I know, it's hard locked to main story progress. Each time you complete a main chapter, you can go in again. But, given that there are no main chapters currently available past the tower's appearance, you can only go in once per playthrough in the current release. And no, it isn't linked to real time either. GBA FE doesn't have any understanding of the humble clock.

I think that restriction will be lifted when you're nearly at the end of the story in a later release, but I'm not certain.

Thank you for all the characters data and feedback, guys! I really appreciate it, and helps me balance the game accordingly. I think I've done a better job this time at making Cristoph less useless, Andre less OP (even slightly) and Rya way more reliable. Good thing!

As for the Tower of Trials, it's exactly as Ashley said. You're able to access the tower once per chapter, but this limitation is removed in ch.20 / postgame. The Ruins, on the other side, will be very different from what you might think, and will be tied with the story.

I'll be looking forward for when 2.0 comes out, I don't plan on starting on it til then as I'm trying to finish The Last Promise ^_^

But in the meantime, I love the work you've done with the graphics in the video. I also really like and appreciate the sprites :3

Apologies for this seemingly stupid question, but where can I download this? The link in the OP sends me to a page stating the file was copyrighted by NOA

...What? Does that still happen? I can't replicate the issue you're reporting.

Here's what it says:

"The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service.

This file has been taken down by:

File Name: Fire Emblem Midnight Sun v.1.6.zip (3.13 MB)

Company: Nintendo of America Inc.
Email: jason.allen@noa.nintendo.com
Address: 4600 150th Avenue N.E., Redmond, WA 98052

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."

Not really. I know a lot more about copyright law in regards to books and music, but essentially they can make a case that the patch is violating their "intellectual copyright" of the Fire Emblem series, kind of like the lawsuit that Emblem Saga got into (which was renamed to TearRing Saga, but still got sued regardless). It doesn't actually matter whether or not a court of law will uphold of it or not, so long as the argument exists, people will take the massive company of Nintendo of America over some hacker (no insult to you, that's just how they view it). Yes, we all know what the situation really is, but they don't really care. YouTube has been experiencing this kind of Fair Use abuse by big companies for years now. I am surprised that they didn't send you a "cease and desist" order.

As to why they're doing it, it's because more FE fan games means less fan desire to obtain other ones, like the GBA games through the eShop, or Fates, or the upcoming mobile game.

Edited by StWalker

Pretty sure Jason Allen is a meme at this point.

Also pretty sure its some made up, fake nintendo worker that issues claims.

You can look him up and find Jason Allen stuff.

Thanks, StWalker. I had already compiled a way more ignorant counter-claim, and I'm currently waiting for an answer (I can't fill another counter-claim until they reply, apparently). Anyway, should they require more legal stuff, I'll paste what you wrote there. It's crystal clear now that this Jason Alley is just an impostor, so... that makes me feel better.

Nintendo is jelly because your version is better then any they made.

lol

Does this mean I won't get to see a 2.0 version at all? Dx

Bahah, the title is just a clickbait. I'm such a troll

The download link has already been replicated, and progress on the fangame will still be made. Don't worry.

Edited by Alfred Kamon