Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've firmly established myself as the George R.R. Martin of Fire Emblem.

You have a favorite character? Not anymore.

Shakespeare was a little more (understatement) sadistic with the death of his characters, George R. R. Martin has nothing on the original prince of literature!

On topic, I enjoy reading your responses to the "criticism" your hack receives. You don't fan the fire, you avoid it.

I think I've firmly established myself as the George R.R. Martin of Fire Emblem.

You have a favorite character? Not anymore.

Dude, Shouzo Kaga and FE4 are already way ahead of you. Just saying. :p

Your trying, but I don't really like this idea. It kind of reduces the uses of longbows I think. I unit with high skill will be able to use it efficiently. It will also be able to attack bosses with 1-2 range making them a bit easy.

I was thinking of doing something like this after I rebuild the game from scratch using Fire Shell.

Best to keep it optional but easy to remove/apply, in my opinion. It's a novel feature but some may not appreciate it.

It's possible that Agro meant that as well :P I like the idea of being able to apply say Nintenlord's Canto or "thieves can steal weapons" patches to tweak hacks if I find them too difficult or just for fun :) Chester became oh so very useful when he started stealing bosses' weapons

I don't have a problem with people messing with hacks for fun... but actively requesting a gameplay mechanic to be easy to remove just strikes me as... odd?

I'm having a hard time wording this, I guess all I want to say is it's not the hack creators responsibility to make a gameplay mechanic easy to remove. If the player wants it gone, that's up to them. (I'm having a hard time saying what I mean. I am not very articulate :B )

(Unless we are talking about making it easy to remove from fireshell, yeah, I agree with that)

Edited by L95

I don't have a problem with people messing with hacks for fun... but actively requesting a gameplay mechanic to be easy to remove just strikes me as... odd?

I'm having a hard time wording this, I guess all I want to say is it's not the hack creators responsibility to make a gameplay mechanic easy to remove. If the player wants it gone, that's up to them. (I'm having a hard time saying what I mean. I am not very articulate :B )

(Unless we are talking about making it easy to remove from fireshell, yeah, I agree with that)

If it's disliked by a fair quantity of people and isn't a required mechanic of the hack, it's not a far reach for the hacker to be considerate and offer at least the option to turn the unwanted mechanic off, or at least give information so that if people wanted to, they could do it themselves. Courtesy, my friend, goes far.

I was thinking of doing something like this after I rebuild the game from scratch using Fire Shell.

Oh yes please do this. Could you also give me info on how to make 2-4 range properly display in the description and ingame too that'd be nice thx

Incidentally, I'm already doing this in roguelike emblem. All normal bows 2-3 range, all longbows 4-5 range, and the longbowman's skill gives +1 range so you have 2-4 and 4-6 total.

Edited by Klok

That concept is actually one that I always thought should have been in the franchise and work as good quirk that separates the bow from other 2-ranged options, so I'm stoked to see this being attempted. The only issue is of course a matter of balancing and integrating it in a way that doesn't overpower the bow too much.

Keep the increased range, remove the decreased accuracy.

I disagree

Sorry, I should clarify that I thought that Arch meant to include it in Fireshell by default, which I personally don't think everyone will appreciate.

The penalty method is actually weapon specific, which works only if the set range is less than the distance of the battle. (Set the range greater than 15 to ignore this features). The penalty affects damage, accuracy, and critical rate.

Edited by icecube

Sorry, I should clarify that I thought that Arch meant to include it in Fireshell by default, which I personally don't think everyone will appreciate.

Yeah it's in FireShell by default where the item table used to be. All of icecube's hacks are relatively easy to uninstall, and I'll be including a folder on notes for uninstalling pretty much everything that comes with the default package. The patch that I offer is about maximizing the capabilities of hackers, and this feature doesn't factor in unless you open up the Nightmare modules and implement it yourself. It's just there as an option.

I like this concept a lot, but it should definitely have might decreasing too the further the range. I mean, if an archer had a killer bow, it could go critting enemies on the other sides of walls in indoor maps, which wouldn't make it much of a challenge