Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to take a moment to reply to this little piece of cynicism.

this hack sux how can you cut out godly ZAGGARO but keep faggots like Vyland in

So basically what I'm seeing is that pretty much the main reason to play this over FE11 is supports.

You ain't seen shit yet :P:.

Hopefully a sneak peak of the revamped Ch2 will show you that I mean business. There's a lot more to this than adding supports!

ch2.pngch2shit.png

And Jesus man, Sedgar's in too; if I add any of the three, I'm adding all of the three.

Bastard, I LIKE Tomas, and the rest of my obscure Skittles

Since it's clear that people have a bunch of likes/dislikes, how 'bout giving all the recruit dumps options? For example, with the Chapter 12 prison, maybe have Midia and one other person recruited, and the rest stay behind to stabilize the region, or something like that.

Ecut did some really nice GBA sprites based on the FE11 ones (but didn't animate them i believe). Maybe she could help sprite some classes for this?

5. I don't want to reveal all of my secrets, obviously, in regards to the cast. Will Norne and Frey be there? We'll see. I'm not ruling them out. They have a better chance of being included than freakin' Boah or Tomas, though.

Boah is a far more plot relevant character than Frey or Norne.

Bastard, I LIKE Tomas, and the rest of my obscure Skittles

Since it's clear that people have a bunch of likes/dislikes, how 'bout giving all the recruit dumps options? For example, with the Chapter 12 prison, maybe have Midia and one other person recruited, and the rest stay behind to stabilize the region, or something like that.

Or make it impossible to save all five of them?

Edited by Anouleth

Boah is a far more plot relevant character than Frey or Norne.

I think arch means not playable as he shows up in that chapter only as an other unit or in another cell and you free him after the battle

also it makes more sense as he survives to fe3/12 and plays a part

Edited by goodperson707

I think arch means not playable as he shows up in that chapter only as an other unit or in another cell and you free him after the battle

also it makes more sense as he survives to fe3/12 and plays a part

Well, I can't imagine why you'd have Boah show up just to not be playable. It's not like there are any other prepromote Bishops in the game anyway, while there are a ton of other Cavaliers and a couple of other Archers (as well as a prepromoted Hunter). So I can't really imagine why Arch would say that Boah is unlikely or very unlikely to be playable, or more unlikely than Frey/Norne given that Boah has a less common class (only prepromoted Bishop) and a greater storyline presence.

Which makes me wonder if Malledus will be returning.

Well, I can't imagine why you'd have Boah show up just to not be playable. It's not like there are any other prepromote Bishops in the game anyway, while there are a ton of other Cavaliers and a couple of other Archers (as well as a prepromoted Hunter). So I can't really imagine why Arch would say that Boah is unlikely or very unlikely to be playable, or more unlikely than Frey/Norne given that Boah has a less common class (only prepromoted Bishop) and a greater storyline presence.

Which makes me wonder if Malledus will be returning.

diden't he say that wrys is going to be a prepromote bishop near the begining

So basically what I'm seeing is that pretty much the main reason to play this over FE11 is supports.

And you'll have actual palettes for each characters and more classes and be able to RESCUE and promote thieves and all that fun stuff.

That Caeda sprite is outstanding! Love it.

That Sheeda has a very tiny hand :<

But at least the rest of the project looks good c:

Sheeda is a collaborative effort by myself and Arcfalcion.

InB4sephjab

The hand itself could be better, but I traced it from the New Mystery sprite that I resized(generally how I do make sprites of DS characters)and that was before compacting the body in(Shoulders were wider and it used to be taller.) Not to mention, at her height you're only seeing a part of her whole hand anyway.

Also seeing as Sheeda is a young lady, I don't think she would have man hands. This isn't Seinfeld. :p

Sheeda is a collaborative effort by myself and Arcfalcion.

InB4sephjab

The hand itself could be better, but I traced it from the New Mystery sprite that I resized(generally how I do make sprites of DS characters)and that was before compacting the body in(Shoulders were wider and it used to be taller.) Not to mention, at her height you're only seeing a part of her whole hand anyway.

Also seeing as Sheeda is a young lady, I don't think she would have man hands. This isn't Seinfeld. :p

I highly doubt giving her hands bigger than those fitting for a five-year-old would constitute as "man hands".

And why the hell did you have to make her smaller? Standard GBA has horrible shoulder proportions for women. DS at least has respectable proportions regarding that, if anything.

I just wanted to take a moment to reply to this little piece of cynicism.

You ain't seen shit yet :P:.

Hopefully a sneak peak of the revamped Ch2 will show you that I mean business. There's a lot more to this than adding supports!

ch2.pngch2shit.png

And Jesus man, Sedgar's in too; if I add any of the three, I'm adding all of the three.

You know, you already quoted and replied to that post yesterday ;/. I don't see the necessity of doing so again.

Anyway why not just replace Hunters with Nomads? Or alternatively just make Horseman or something a unique promotion for certain units like Castor or whatever? That seems more elegant than adding in a redundant class.

I've thought about making a GBA remake for along time if only hacking stuff worked on mac's or I wasn't to cheep to buy a PC, I actually have few suggestion

[spoiler=Warning there is a shit load of stuff]- For Whys: just import the priest animation from FE6/FE8, and have him start as an early game healer, give him decent growths, it feels weird to have promoted unit that early with tier 1 bases even if its balanced.

-The idea of picking units seems weird and doesn't make a lot sense story wise and I'm the kind of person who wants to recruit everyone in one play-through but its your game so w/e.

-You might already be doing this but make Maria a Troubadour

-I am personally against cutting units so here's how to prevent receptiveness (follow the ones you want to)

--Have Bord and Cord join in Chapter 2 and have Barst join a later chapter at a high level

--Make Frey and Vyland Axe Knights (have them promote to Great Knight and give them lances (no swords), and Have Great Knights Have 7 Move) and make Arran a Great Knight

--Roshea could start at Level 1 but have good growth

--Make Gordin the Skill Archer, and Norne the Speed Archer, and give Tomas high growth but start at a low level

--Wolf and Sedgar just need to Seperated by Stats and make them Tier 1 Bow Knights (just the Nomad animation wprls) and have them promote to Rangers (Side note have Hunters promote to Warriors)

--Seperate the Armors into different weapon types Draug lances, Roger Axes, Dolph Swords, Macellan Bows, have them promote to use all four

-- Having Whys be a priest makes Boah non-repetitive

- Give Snipers and Halberiders 15% Crit

- Add a Shaman/Dark mage

- Giving Linda light is fine but can you have her be called a "Sister" and have her promote to Bishop, also adding a monk as well wouldn't be a bad idea (I like having at least two units of each Tier 1 class because I like options

- Something I have thought of Dice and Maris join, Maris as a Mercenary, and Dice as a Warrior

- Make Ymir a Berseker (it baffled me that he wasn't one to begin with)

- Have Nyna join later as a Sage or a Bishop (your choice)

- Give Wyvern Riders Axes and get Swords apon promotion

Sorry the bucket list but I had a bunch of ideas and probably million typos

Edited by weso12

-You might already be doing this but make Maria a Troubadour

This one sounds really good and allows her to not suck compared to Lena especially if we still get Warp. Maria was always kinda redundant, especially compared to all the other mages and priests.

Plus I mean, she's a Princess, so she could have a bit more money and a horse than the others I guess.

Hey Arch, will you make the deploy limit more consistent? It kept going back and forth in FE11. I think it should be about 14-16 units per chapter.

Edited by Ryan7556

Making a deploy limit consistent can be a bad thing. :E

ie: too little exp given to units (because too many people)/makes the map too easy

It should just be adapted to the gameplay. (so if arch makes maps always huge and gives enough exp then 15-16 units is viable)

--Make Gordin the Skill Archer, and Norne the Speed Archer, and give Tomas high growth but start at a low level

i dont like that idea if you mean gordon the strong archer and norne the fast archer then that makes sense but your way would make gordon inferior bows are the most accurate weapon