Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give it an eclipse effect?

idfk

the thing is that if the bows double, half + half = whole. enemies would be ded

ACTUALLY, if that were the case with the Eclipse effect, wouldn't it do half damage and then half of that? (IE-- 48 hp. *hit* 24 hp. *double'd* 12hp.)

What I meant by half damage at melee range, I meant more along the lines of halving strength. So where an archer would do 8 damage from a far, he would only do 4 up close.

ACTUALLY, if that were the case with the Eclipse effect, wouldn't it do half damage and then half of that? (IE-- 48 hp. *hit* 24 hp. *double'd* 12hp.)

ACTUALLY not

damage is calc'd before the battle so it would do 24 damage twice

i could *probably* kerjigger that effect but it's more work than i'm willing to really do yet

Edited by CT075

Or go the Sword of Seals route and promote Lord into Master Lord. Anything sounds cooler with 'master' in its name, and Roy is pretty much just Marth with red hair.

marth's formal title in the games is the "hero king" (esp. in FE3)

btw this would be a great way to include the content of some of the BS FEs into the main game (or even make novel story-related content) if you want to give minor characters some screentime

Whew. That was an awesome weekend. Spent time back at home with friends and family, so I haven't been around to respond to the discussions that have been going on. Reading through, there's definitely some good stuff.

Or atleast keep a Short Bow with 1-2 range?

It's already been debated, the pros and cons to a 1-2 range Short Bow. I tend to feel that this truly is not the answer to fixing bows, I'm not gonna jump on the 1-2 bandwagon. One thing I'll try to have done is the fix that BwdYeti implemented, where bows have Weapon Triangle Advantage when they are attacking from range and Weapon Triangle Disadvantage at melee. From there, there's a possibility of Crossbows for Archers/Snipers if I'm able to get a proper animation for them. I'd also like to increase the diversity of the game's bows in general; most bows are pretty standard weapons, we need more interesting bows to boost the archers. Possibly a Luna Bow, some super-effective bows, and whatever else we can come up with.

Boah is a far more plot relevant character than Frey or Norne.

Boah isn't being removed from the plot, of course. He's simply become an NPC. Gameplay wise, Boah is a useless character. Wrys becoming a Bishop simply underscores this even more. It's not the worst thing to demote him to an NPC; hell, he'll probably even have more lines in this version :P:. I was kinda surprised that I'd meet opposition on Boah, though. As for the other three, I've already got plans to write them out of the story. Macellan and Dolph bring the total number of Generals up to six, which is far higher than I'd like for class-distribution purposes. Draug and Roger got this, so let Macellan and Dolph rest. Tomas? Bleh. Gordin, Norne and Jeorge have Archer/Sniper class covered.

On second thought, I could sell Boah, Dolph, Macellan, and Tomas as a DLC pack...

So it looks like Hunters are using the Nomad sprite. Does this mean that Hunters will have horse properties in the remake?

It's just a temporary thing, I neglected to remember that there were Hunters in the screenshot when I took it. Usually I try to keep tentative things out of screenshots. However, I wouldn't say it's something I hadn't thought of. Hunter sort of feels a tad redundant, hardly different from the Archer class save for promotion. By making Nomads into Hunters, we get some better diversity with the two classes. If we get Crossbows and such locked to Archers, it's even better. Nothing I dislike more than redundancies, which FE1 has quite a lot of.

Which makes me wonder if Malledus will be returning.

Yes, Malledus is still in. He played a pretty important role as Marth's main advisor. He likely won't be the sole source of advice; Jagen, Hardin, and others will be playing more integral parts to the plot, but he's definitely returning.

I've thought about making a GBA remake for along time if only hacking stuff worked on mac's or I wasn't to cheep to buy a PC, I actually have few suggestion

[spoiler=Warning there is a shit load of stuff]

-You might already be doing this but make Maria a Troubadour

- Give Snipers and Halberiders 15% Crit

- Add a Shaman/Dark mage

- Make Ymir a Berseker (it baffled me that he wasn't one to begin with)

- Give Wyvern Riders Axes and get Swords apon promotion

Weso, it was nice to hear your list of ideas. There are some things I'm set on doing, but I've left the points in your spoiler tag that I'm seriously considering. I can confirm that there will be a Dark Mage OC, and that Ymir (if he appears) will definitely be a Berserker. Dracoknights with Axes is also something I'm looking at, but I'll probably have Axe/Lance Dracomasters. Maria as a Troubadour is definitely an interesting thought; I was pretty much going to shitcan the class, but this change could be used to give her some points over Lena.

...Is Marth finally going to get a promotion? I assume that's what "Star Lord" Marth in the first post indicates, but one can never be too sure with Marth (he should totally start with no pants)

Starlord is the title of the chapter where Marth reclaims Altea. It might, however, also be the name of Marth's promoted class. I'm still brainstorming on what to do with Marth's promotion, but I'd definitely like to give him one. It'd either be Star Lord or Great/Master Lord (but not like Roy's with no friggin' Tier 2 animation).

That's all for now, folks. Great stuff as always! These questions are really helping me think this project through, and it's immensely helpful.

Will there be NPCs representing the remnants of the Aurelian army fighting off Macedon in the champions of aurelius chapter?

If not, there's another idea for you.

Can I also assume that the various armies will have their own palettes?

It looks like Norne is in this. You now have my full support :D

You'd have had it anyways, but it's nice to know my favorite character from Shadow Dragon will be in there.

Boah isn't being removed from the plot, of course. He's simply become an NPC. Gameplay wise, Boah is a useless character.

Are you serious? Boah is a very decent character in FE1, being tied for the position of second fastest character in the game at base level. His high WLV and good base movement also elevate him above just about every unpromoted staff user in the game except for Lena (for obvious reasons). Along with Wendell, he's the only magic user that can use Starlight at base level, but unlike Wendell, he doubles Garnef with it. He's certainly far better than the likes of Norne! Norne is not even in FE1, which demonstrates just how useless she is.

(Even in FE11, Norne is a horrible character, or at least she would be if she existed in Hard Mode. Not only do you have to give up other characters (usually better ones) to get her, but when you do, she's just an inferior version of Gordin and Castor who have better strength. Boah, on the other hand, is a pretty acceptable filler staffbot in a game where you want lots of staff users.)

Wrys becoming a Bishop simply underscores this even more. It's not the worst thing to demote him to an NPC; hell, he'll probably even have more lines in this version :P:. I was kinda surprised that I'd meet opposition on Boah, though.

I'm not opposed to you removing Boah for whatever reasons, but you are wrong to suggest he is more insignificant than Norne either in gameplay or story terms. I mean, I haven't played FE11 a lot, but I never felt compelled to kill off four characters to get her in any of my playthroughs.

It's just a temporary thing, I neglected to remember that there were Hunters in the screenshot when I took it. Usually I try to keep tentative things out of screenshots. However, I wouldn't say it's something I hadn't thought of. Hunter sort of feels a tad redundant, hardly different from the Archer class save for promotion.

Hardly different? An extra point of movement speed and different terrain penalties is not a minor difference.

Edited by Anouleth

(Even in FE11, Norne is a horrible character, or at least she would be if she existed in Hard Mode. Not only do you have to give up other characters (usually better ones) to get her, but when you do, she's just an inferior version of Gordin and Castor who have better strength.

well actually in shadow dragon gordon is not superior to norne but not inferior

as

Norne

Archer

Bow DGordin

Archer

Bow Dgordon has 2 more hp 1 more strengh 2 more skill l less speed l more luck and the same defence

so gordin beats her in the base stat department

in the growth rates however

Norne 60 25 0 40 55 30 20 0Gordin 60 20 0 40 35 40 30 0norne ties or beats him in every thing but luck and defense

and has amazing speed and achually beats hime in strengh so grdin only has one base strengh and 5 precent less growth over norne castor i'm not getting into but snipers have better stat gains over hunters and as much as i despise killing charecters norne is vialble as you already have to kill someone and you can also kill gordon to get norne

Are you serious? Boah is a very decent character in FE1, being tied for the position of second fastest character in the game at base level. His high WLV and good base movement also elevate him above just about every unpromoted staff user in the game except for Lena (for obvious reasons). Along with Wendell, he's the only magic user that can use Starlight at base level, but unlike Wendell, he doubles Garnef with it.

well i think he's referring to fe3 book 1 as well as shadow dragon where his mag and skill is the same but he loses 5 speed and 10% speed growth

Edited by goodperson707

So, to take a small breather from the project, I've decided to kickstart my next one.
Does this mean if I donate $20 I get a free T-Shirt?

Hardly different? An extra point of movement speed and different terrain penalties is not a minor difference.

Having not read the quote this was referring to before reading this line, I had to stare at it for a while before realizing you were talking about Hunter and not Nomad :M

Are you serious? Boah is a very decent character in FE1, being tied for the position of second fastest character in the game at base level. His high WLV and good base movement also elevate him above just about every unpromoted staff user in the game except for Lena (for obvious reasons). Along with Wendell, he's the only magic user that can use Starlight at base level, but unlike Wendell, he doubles Garnef with it. He's certainly far better than the likes of Norne! Norne is not even in FE1, which demonstrates just how useless she is.

My Norne wouldn't be the same as FE11's Norne, obviously. Completely different joining methods (I don't have FEDS's Prologue), and I'd likely rebalance the character entirely (as I'm doing with a lot of units). In my eyes, she has more potential in this project's cast than Boah does, who was largely obsolete by the time FE11 came around. With Wendell, another acceptable staffbot, being moved up to mid-game (he also has Excalibur access and high light rank, making him offensively potent as well), and Wrys, a dedicated staffbot Bishop, it simply seems natural that Boah should be demoted. The role he plays is largely unnecessary. You're arguing within the context of the other iterations of FE1; in my version, there's simply not much point to Boah.

Boah aside, I have a task for you all. It's nothing hard, I promise (hopefully it's fun for a lot of you). I'm currently figuring out how I'm going to do support lists, and I need recommendations for pairings of characters. Obvious ones (Lena x Matthis, Marth x Caeda, etc.) are well...obvious. I'd like some more obscure recommendations; characters who may not have interacted with each other in the previous versions, but who you think would have some awesome support potential. Fire away, people!

Edited by Arch

Wendel and Wrys.

They can have old people discussions, like about their back pains. A less silly one would be Castor and Rikard, as they both have money issues, but handle them differently.

Abel and Est support they build their love.

Abel and Palla she loves him but he friend zones her.

Julian and Rikard as a OTP ;3;

Julian and Lena

Lena and Matthis

Tiki and Marth

Merric and Ellis

Merric and Linde

Arran and Jeigan

Palla and Est

Palla and Catria

Minerva and Maria

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Uh... let's see. I could try and think of some if you want Arch, but for now I guess I'll do Lena, Catria, Etzel and Julien.

Lena x Matthis

Lena x Minerva (Since she was set to marry Michalis)

Lena x Julien

Lena x Maria

Lena x Wrys

Lena x Rickard

Catria x Palla

Catria x Est

Catria x Minerva

Catria x Maria

Catria x Marth

Julien x Lena

Julien x Rickard

Julien x Palla

Julien x Matthis

Julien x Athena (Not sure if you're including Athena though)

Etzel x Linde (Since they're both in that extra mission in 12)

Etzel x Merric (See Linde)

Etzel x Maria/Norne (Talk about his dead wife?)

Etzel x Wendell

Etzel x Xane

Boah aside, I have a task for you all. It's nothing hard, I promise (hopefully it's fun for a lot of you). I'm currently figuring out how I'm going to do support lists, and I need recommendations for pairings of characters. Obvious ones (Lena x Matthis, Marth x Caeda, etc.) are well...obvious. I'd like some more obscure recommendations; characters who may not have interacted with each other in the previous versions, but who you think would have some awesome support potential. Fire away, people!

I made a set of supports for all the FE1 characters when I was planning a remake. Would you like me to send you the list, and you can change it as you like?

Tiki and Minerva. A dragon rider supporting with a dragon.

Jeigan with Elice. After all, he should be almost as close with her as he is with Marth.

Arran and Samson. Giving the two characters that you normally can't get both of a support together would be interesting. I've always wondered how Karel and Harken would interact, for example.

(Of course, you're probably not planning on letting us get both of these guys, am I right?)

I could think of a few supports that may work.

Ogma x Navarre

I always found it intriguing that ogma acknowledged Navarre's skill in FE3 (mostly through the Samto recruitment) and how they support each other in FEDS. It always made me wonder how they see each other - rivals? colleagues? Do they respect each other's skills? I'd find it very interesting to see how they interact and relate.

Darros x one of Marth/Hardin/Minerva

Darros being a pirate that has given up on his ways to take a better path in life, I can see him being more pensative of what he'd do when the war is over. Striking a conversation with one of the nobles, whether to know what opportunities can he find in their land, or if there's any help he can provide with his own experience, or just to find a place where he feels he could fit, is a plausible idea. I think.

I may brainstorm more when I'm not braindead. @_@

Ymir x Roro oh wait roro isn't in this game

Jeigan x Aran for reasons that should be rather obvious

Lorenz x Beck since they're both from Grust?

Midia x Hardin I guess?

Est x Ceasar and Est x Radd since they're all stupid newbies?

Wrys x Barst otp forever imhotep

Darros x Ymir because they're both MAN

Horace x Midia would probably make sense too

Abel and Est support they build their love.

Abel and Palla she loves him but he friend zones her.

Arch isn't remaking FE3, so there's no need to adhere to it's canon.

Abel can marry Sheeda if they have a high enough support.

Hell, Marth+Est could be OTP. Or Sheeda+Est.

Edited by Harbinger

Arch isn't remaking FE3, so there's no need to adhere to it's canon.

Abel can marry Sheeda if they have a high enough support.

Hell, Marth+Est could be OTP. Or Sheeda+Est.

Didn't Abel and Est fell in love in FE1/11? Though I approve AbelxSheeda and MarthxEst.

I'm fine with the supports as long as Marth and Catria stay away from each other and Oguma and Sheeda can support and get there own paired ending. :3