A Legal Form of Torture [Hamlet's Sprites]

Caliban of Sycorax

The hair looks better, definitely :P

Yeah the shirt shading could still use some fixies but w/e :3

The new armour shading definitely helped that issue. The cloak shading is better with a second shade as well. What's the bit that's kind of above where the cloak attaches on the left OPV though? It's sort of up and to the right a bit :o

That was a spliced bit from Ephraim. I'm going to fool around with that a bit more, as well as the shirt.

Her cheek's still all jagged, and your trim could use a lot of love.

this is the nicest critique you've given me.

I assume her right (our left) cheek, correct? I agree. I want to fix it up.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spliced the jaw back and played with cloak positioning. I think it looks better now. I don't know what to do with the shirt just yet, so I'll leave that for next.

Maire-newest_zps3b3f417a.png

I also started working on a newer one... it's incredibly basic and needs lots of touch-ups but I figured I'd show off what I have to see where I should go next.

Anya-V2_zpsb24d779b.png

Syrene's hair, Wendy's armor, and Marisa's neck can all go choke on a dick.

The jaw line of the brown haired girl needs to end beneath her ear. Here, it ends behind her ear.

It ended beneath her ear before, but the jaw near the end was a little derpy, so I made a quick adjustment. The last line of the jaw is covered by her earring.

Maire-newest_zps77c5a781.png

Anya-V2_zpsddcaa29c.png

In an attempt to fix derpiness I said fuck it and spliced on different armor. I'll try to make it less splicey later. Minor hairfixes as well. Little stuff, mostly where the hair meets the armor.

I really don't like the neck.

Edited by Hamlet

armor's too big

Unfortunately I'm aware. Male and female socialknights don't necessarily have the same armor requirements. That's going to be the next change after I do something about the goddamn hair and neck.

Maire-newest_zps736eeb8a.png

Added a breastplate and a choker to her. I'm willing to fix the choker because it's kind of amateurish. Also altered hair in a few places, and added a tiara. Lots of color changes as well. Hair darkened in both versions, cloak made red in FE7 version, armor in FE8 version made less... bad.

The space under her shoulderpad looks like it could use something but I don't know what. Help anyone?

I've been a busy bee today.

WeaponIcons-1_zps3042e242.png

Been working on weapon icons again. I'm going to say this once and only once:

Most of the Axes are reshades of existing axes from various FE's. I suck at custom axes.

The Magic Swords are also reshades of existing weapons.

Anyway, here's a lowdown of the weapons:

Iron Sword / Slim Sword / Steel Sword / Silver Sword / Iron Lance / Slim Lance / Steel Lance / Silver Lance / Iron Axe / Steel Axe / Silver Axe

Katzbalger / Claymore / Zweihänder / Rapier / Ashlpeiss / Corseque / Fauchard / Dane / (Unnamed Axe)

Lancereaver / Armour Cutter / Longsword / Dragon Sword / Axereaver / Riderbane / Knight Pike / Dragonspear / Swordreaver / Halberd / Pollaxe / Dragon Axe

Wing Clipper / Hero Sword / Winged Spear / Hero Lance / Flying Axe / Hero Axe

Earth Sword / Light Sword / Storm Sword / Killer Sword / Javelin / Pilum / Spiculum / Killer Lance / Hurlbat / Francisca / Killer Axe

Turmung (S-Level Sword) / Rameses (S-Level Sword) / Templar (Prf Spear) / (Unnamed S-Level Lance)

Edit: And for funsies here's an updated Anya:

Anya-V2_zps7b6770e0.png

Hair edits, eye edits, minor color edits.

Edited by Hamlet

Love looking at icons! I think my favourite is the rapier. :3

My only problem is some of them are not using a dark outline, but that might just be a personal thing for me.

Love looking at icons! I think my favourite is the rapier. :3

My only problem is some of them are not using a dark outline, but that might just be a personal thing for me.

Most of my icons use the dark brown, black, and dark purple colors for the outline, although some use lighter colors here and there. I try to balance it out, but I can always look at some outlines and see what I can do.

Thanks for the Rapier comment! Although it's mostly an edit of the GBAFE one, hahaha. I think it looks tons better than the original, haha.

They look good...

I don't like very much the red in the Silver Axe, it looks a bit confusing...

It was meant to be a ribbon of sorts (as you can tell, I like ribbons). If it doesn't work I can remove it; it was just an experiment, I guess.

I don't see why axes should have ribbons... it's okay for lances or some kind of swords, but it's strange for axes... anyway the concept is not that bad if you like it, I was just thinking that that axe's ribbon should be sprited better because right now it's a bit confusing... :)

Also I like the title of this topic... genius... ahah....