Um... help, please?

So I'm screencapping chapter 8 for my FE 12 playthrough and as always, i survey the map before I enter for battle (who doesn't?). But then I notice... Hardin. With 20's all across the board at LV. 30 with a Darkstone and Gradvius (?). So I checked and turns out he's the boss for this chapter. Battling Hardin doesn't worry me too much given that I forged Marth's Rapier and his high Speed, Strength and Skill stats at his current level multipled by the Might and Crit rate of the sword allow him to ORKO whatever his heart desires, but just to be safe, I have a couple of questions.

Is this a ruse set up by another villian? Is this Hardin a fake? If it is will it disappear after a set amount of turns or change back into its original form?

Should I be careful with how I approach with even my bulkiest and strongest units? i'm mainly worried about my unpromoted fliers.

What's the best strategy for this? Hit and run? Swarm? Stall?

Also, about Jeorge's group off to the northwest, am I in danger of his friends ganging up on Gaggles when I try to recruit him? Or are they stationary?

Your objective is to seize the castle, not defeat the boss. And while the units around Jeorge move, Jeorge himself doesn't.

All in all, just finish the chapter fast enough so Hardin doesn't go after you. You simply can't defeat him at this point.

Edited by TheEnd

Basically, don't kill Jeorge now and you'll be able to recruit him later. Hardin cannot be injured without a special item that you don't get until later into the game, so just try to avoid him, because you'll end up doing zero damage, and probably dying.

Basically, don't kill Jeorge now and you'll be able to recruit him later. Hardin cannot be injured without a special item that you don't get until later into the game, so just try to avoid him, because you'll end up doing zero damage, and probably dying.

No, Recruit Jeorge NOW, with gordin. Otherwise, rest is good. ;o

• 4 years later...
10 hours ago, ken10wil said:

For some reason on this map my units can only move up at certain spaces on sea tiles. Anyone know a fix?

1. Don't bump stupidly old topics.  Read the Code of Conduct for more details.
2. Is this on a DS?  An emulator?  A flash cart?  Which one(s)?
3. What do you mean, "only move up"?  If you're on an emulator, can you provide a screenshot?