(Heroes) Complete English translation patch released (v3.01)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"where sleep the soldiers"? My brain isn't parsing it FSR.

It's basically* the same grammatical construction as "Here lies Ike, dude of dudes, etc. etc." except plural.

It's archaic and fancy, but it *is* grammatically sound.

*: i'm still not done with breakfast so this sentence is probably wrong

Edited by Integrity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Potentially and I'd like to. However my hands are kind of tied at the moment and I'd rather wait until all of Awakening's DLC is out, just in case we get more changes (although I can't really think of anything; maybe there's still a few odd references in Lost Bloodlines 2/3).

Speaking of which, if the player still uses FE12 Avatar's Default Name from the previous version and then, used it in the updated version of the patch to have it as "Kris" (which that's his official name from Awakening, so that we have to use it for the updated version of the patch), will that generally change it to Kris instead of reusing "Chris" if someone already still playing it in the middle of the game or does the player have start a new game if they wants to use Kris? (I really wanted to see it using Kris's new name in my play throughs)

And so that one of the new official names that we might need to add it to the next updated patch for FE12 to avoid confusions for any newer players for FE12 and that did played FE13 is:

• Chris -> Kris
  • Katarina (remains the same)
  • Roro -> Legion
  • Maris -> Malice
  • Barbarian (remains the same)
  • Glass Sword, Lance, Axe, and Bow (remains the same)
  • Hero King -> Hero-King

And also, I did saw in FE13 on Stahl's and Sully's support conversation that they did mentioned Abel and Cain and they have titles as "Panther" and "Bull".

Edited by King Marth 64

• 1 month later...

http://www.heroesofshadow.net/2012/11/complete-translation-patch-released.html

BlazerNovember 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Thanks and enjoy the game everyone! *sigh of relief* *closes hacking programs* *goes to relax*

It's such a good feeling after hard work.

Aveyn KnightNovember 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Whoo, it'd be great if we got the big guns back into FE. I'm hoping Awakening is going to (sorry for the terrible pun) reawaken fans' interest in the series.

And it's working.

I tried the method you posted, but when the savestate loads, the game jitters and freezes upon selecting my current file.

Ever since the DLC's came out, there have been many errors in our translations such as name changes, Legion saying "Wee hee hee" instead of "Uwee hee hee" and some personalities. But nobody's perfect.

Don't use savestates, use battery saves.

I've used savestates. Sure it messes the game up, but it starts from your state after resetting the emulator.

It only does this as the ROM actually can't handle resetting the game with the patch applied.

I was patching it and it gave me this error:

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" Any ideas on what program its talking about? >_>

Youtube is your friend for matters like this.

Try installing this (64-bit OS) or this (32-bit OS)

This too.

This translation patch makes me wonder was there any reason for this game NOT to be localised outside of what we know. I haven't had this much fun playing an FE since my first time playing FE4, or even my first time playing FE7. (I can't decide which.)

There's no use arguing about it. What's done is done!

Nintendo didn't want to bother to waste money on something that they won't make much off of that they will need to invest it for FE13's release. Which is already being in development in Japan.

Nobody knows for sure, but it's probably due the high rate of DS piracy and a general decline in DS sales (especially when the 3DS was just around the corner), which made Nintendo consider it not worth funding a localisation.

Precisely.

Nintendo didn't want to bother after FE13 was already being developed in Japan.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Shin_Monsh%C5%8D_no_Nazo_~Hikari_to_Kage_no_Eiy%C5%AB~

With the release of Fire Emblem: Awakening, it is unlikely that this game will be released overseas.

I'm having a problem patching. I drag the clean rom to where I suppose to drag at but it said the application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found. What will I do?

Youtube search it and the videos will instruct you.

I dunno why Nintendo didn't release this and Mother 3 in English, but it's their loss. Fans do what Nintendon't.

Mother hasn't been a good selling series. As it stopped getting developed completely after the third installment. But it never will be forgotten. =)

FE12 didn't get released to avoid losing profit that they need for FE13's release. Who would blame them?

And also, I did saw in FE13 on Stahl's and Sully's support conversation that they did mentioned Abel and Cain and they have titles as "Panther" and "Bull".

They were nicknamed that along with the word "Black."

"Black Panther"

"Black Bull"

-----

Without the translation teams success, we otherwise would have had to take into FE3's translation to folks who don't know Japanese.

Edited by ポーラ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has it been brought to anyone's attention that the Heroes of Shadow site banner image is MIA?

It shows tinypic's "This image or video has been moved or deleted" message.

And also, I think the two chapter names for Prologue VIII: Assassination of the Hero King should be changed as "Assassination of the Hero-King" and Chapter 22: The Dragon's Altar should be as "The Dragon's Table" (chapter name also) and the other locations: Wyvern's Dale as "Wyvern Valley" and Dragon's Altar as "The Dragon's Table" also.

Edited by King Marth 64

Has it been brought to anyone's attention that the Heroes of Shadow site banner image is MIA?

It shows tinypic's "This image or video has been moved or deleted" message.

Your Heroes of Shadow are dead, son

And also, I think the two chapter names for Prologue VIII: Assassination of the Hero King should be changed as "Assassination of the Hero-King" and Chapter 22: The Dragon's Altar should be as "The Dragon's Table" (chapter name also) and the other locations: Wyvern's Dale as "Wyvern Valley" and Dragon's Altar as "The Dragon's Table" also.

Wyvern's dale is in doluna iirc, the valley from fe13 is on valm.

• 2 weeks later...

So have the same clean rom as my first run. Got the updated patch.. aaaaand.. the bonus content isn't showing up. There any way I can fix this little bug?

So have the same clean rom as my first run. Got the updated patch.. aaaaand.. the bonus content isn't showing up. There any way I can fix this little bug?

That's not a bug, that's a save issue.

As in, connect to wifi or use the included save they have.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 11 months later...

I got nowhere really to talk about this, but I recently decided to Eng patch this game, but the twist is I have a backup I've done myself personally using wooddumper r85 (slot2 onto my GBA flashcart) from a legit cart.

So because I ripped it this way, the rip doesn't match the one the patch uses. The notes say the compatible ROM has a CRC32 checksum of B6AF36B5, but it turns out that is actually an improper rip (missing DSi data). I don't know if wooddumper covers that properly, but it is different (scene folks started using wood dumper because it ripped the headers properly).

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=show_record&s=28&n=5097

These are my file hashes for my dump:

CRC32: B9432461

MD5: 4AE99298B66B16AEBF57B3D312953116

SHA-1:66979707D505075B59CCD21DA5FBC69FC3EA093C

I have some faith the rip I did is accurate cause I've also dumped Shadow Dragon and Golden Sun Dark Dawn and the hashes match proper rips.

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=show_record&s=28&n=3398

http://datomatic.nointro.org/index.php?page=show_record&s=28&n=5367

My ultimate goal though was to make my own personal save file so I had the DLC on it before WFC goes down. So that's all good! This is probably no big deal at all, hell I don't even know what the DSi enhanced features are!

EDIT: Decided to redump again just to be sure, and got the same hashes. Googling isn't telling me if wooddumper r85 takes care of the DSi part of the data or not.

Edited by Jacien

If memory serves, the only real thing the DSi function does is to region-lock the game. Do you know if other DSi dumped games (like the latest Advance Wars in Japan) also has the DSi stuff stripped in scene releases, or was FE12 just stripped from the group that dumped it?

You could bring it up at GBAtemp if you're interested about the wooddumper part.

I'll probably check it out later I guess. I just downloaded the SUXX release (lol) and have it patched.

Even backed up the save file from the retail cart. I'm ready for your blackout Nintendo! :P