Canon decisions?

Certain things in this game seem to suggest "canon" decisions that were made in Shadow Dragon. For instance, Frey mentions in his 3rd support convo w/ MU that he was wounded acting as Marth's decoy. Also, the way Samson is talking in the chapter before you recruit him, it seems that in FE12's timeline, Arran, rather than Samson, was recruited in FE11. Let's not turn this into an argument about the word "canon", but rather discuss FE12's perspective on the decisions that were left up to the player in FE11. That is, which of these decisions have something in FE12 to suggest that a particular decision was chosen in FE11?

Frey not being in FE11 hard mode made it pretty obvious that he was the canonical decoy.

What's mindboggling is all the side story characters except Nagi. Getting them all in FE11 would require literally every one else to be dead yet Marth recongnizes everyone and their were no deaths.

Frey not being in FE11 hard mode made it pretty obvious that he was the canonical decoy.

Good point, I'm not sure why I forgot about that

What's mindboggling is all the side story characters except Nagi. Getting them all in FE11 would require literally every one else to be dead yet Marth recongnizes everyone and their were no deaths.

Yeah, I had thought of that. It's a pretty good question and one that I haven't seen answered anywhere.

That is weird. I mean, if IS is going to take the time to consider minor things like Arran vs. Samson or Frey as the decoy, I wonder why they would gloss over the gaiden characters.

Edited by starfirelord

It's all gameplay and story segregation.

Unfortunately, all it does is point how utterly stupid the requirements for side story chapters in FE11 were. FE12 is all "Yeah, that was stupid. We're gonna completely ignore those requirements say everyone was recruited."

It's all gameplay and story segregation.

Unfortunately, all it does is point how utterly stupid the requirements for side story chapters in FE11 were. FE12 is all "Yeah, that was stupid. We're gonna completely ignore those requirements say everyone was recruited."

That's true. Why worry about minor details and then ignore the fact that at least half the cast would have to be dead to recruit some of the Gaiden characters? It doesn't make sense.

I just found another example of such a canon decision. The game seems to be based around going for Tiki and Gotoh, since Marth mentions he has never met Nagi before.

Does anyone else know of any other evidence of a specific path that was taken in FE11 in this game? So far I have as follows

-Arran instead of Samson

-Frey as the decoy

-Tiki instead of Nagi

I'm sure I must be missing some since I haven't read all of the support convos.

How about assuming enemy recruitable units actually being recruited. Or killing Camus.

Yeah, I just remembered the Camus one except Sirius isn't Camus because Danved isn't Devdan. Also, I guess recruiting enemies like Matthis would be considered canon, as you said. Good point, and thanks for the contribution!

Edited by starfirelord

Getting starlight is canon too since the starsphere breaks, Garnef is defeated by starlight since he is dead, Falchion is obtained and Marth himself deals finishing blow on medeus too.

Marth claims as war spoil the Geosphere in the war of shadows seeing this one resides in altea instead of the fane of raman.

And seeing the lack of warp tecnology (only 1 staff) akanea enters in a state of de-evolution that leds to FE13 to lack warp technology *shot*

Getting starlight is canon too since the starsphere breaks, Garnef is defeated by starlight since he is dead, Falchion is obtained and Marth himself deals finishing blow on medeus too.

Marth claims as war spoil the Geosphere in the war of shadows seeing this one resides in altea instead of the fane of raman.

And seeing the lack of warp tecnology (only 1 staff) akanea enters in a state of de-evolution that leds to FE13 to lack warp technology *shot*

The first two are good points, and the last one made me laugh. I guess quite a few of Marth's successes were canon. I suppose the storyline wouldn't work without them.I wonder if I am overlooking any of the more minor details, though.

Edited by starfirelord

• 4 years later...