TFS Abridged

Lord Raven

11 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I agree with this statement in a general sense, but my crossed-out remark was only meant as a light-hearted jab at the Buu arc.  Don't take it very seriously.

Far from the case. I'm very much aware how flaw the Buu saga is, sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I agree with this statement in a general sense, but my crossed-out remark was only meant as a light-hearted jab at the Buu arc.  Don't take it very seriously.

There is probably a lot of comedic gold in the Buu arc.

Though with how TFS handled Mr. Satan, it's probably for the best that we might not be getting a whole arc where he's a main character.

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

There is probably a lot of comedic gold in the Buu arc.

Though with how TFS handled Mr. Satan, it's probably for the best that we might not be getting a whole arc where he's a main character.

What do you mean by this? Do you take issue with their depiction of Hercule?

TFS will end DBZ with the cell arc? Damn, that's a shame. The Buu arc would have had a lot of funny moments I'm sure but it's better to end on a high note then to force yourself to continue something.

So with that I'm really looking forward to the Cell arc finale.

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What do you mean by this? Do you take issue with their depiction of Hercule?

My problem is that they just took the negative aspects of Hercule in the Cell saga, and amplified them. They do this with all characters, but all of these characters(Save the Ginyu Force) aren't meant to be comedic. So when you take somebody like Vegeta's anger and pride, and amplify them by 10x, it becomes absurd and funny.

But Hercule is already a comedic character. They haven't done anything with him to make him any funnier. Hercule is already a comedic fraud and a shill. Making him even more of a fraud and a shill doesn't make him even funnier, and the punchline to damn near everything he says is obvious from a mile a way with the way they're handling him because they're not actually really doing anything new with the character. And they haven't injected anything that would heighten the comedic value like they did with the Ginyu Force, where they were treated like a professional wrestling stable(Especially Recoom). Because the Ginyu Force, again, was already comedic, so just amplifying the Sentai stuff with them wouldn't have made them any funnier. They needed a few more things to make them work in DBZA.

And it doesn't help that he's taken up like, 1/3 of the commentary and screentime of the last few episodes because TFS likes Mr. Satan so much.

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

My problem is that they just took the negative aspects of Hercule in the Cell saga, and amplified them. They do this with all characters, but all of these characters(Save the Ginyu Force) aren't meant to be comedic. So when you take somebody like Vegeta's anger and pride, and amplify them by 10x, it becomes absurd and funny.

But Hercule is already a comedic character. They haven't done anything with him to make him any funnier. Hercule is already a comedic fraud and a shill. Making him even more of a fraud and a shill doesn't make him even funnier, and the punchline to damn near everything he says is obvious from a mile a way with the way they're handling him because they're not actually really doing anything new with the character. And they haven't injected anything that would heighten the comedic value like they did with the Ginyu Force, where they were treated like a professional wrestling stable(Especially Recoom). Because the Ginyu Force, again, was already comedic, so just amplifying the Sentai stuff with them wouldn't have made them any funnier. They needed a few more things to make them work in DBZA.

And it doesn't help that he's taken up like, 1/3 of the commentary and screentime of the last few episodes because TFS likes Mr. Satan so much.

Can't really argue with that train of logic (though I don't think he's taken up a disproportinate amount of screen time. The original had a lot of needlessly Satan shrieks). But if exageration doesn't work, how else do you think they could have taken the character to make him funny and fitting.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Can't really argue with that train of logic (though I don't think he's taken up a disproportinate amount of screen time. The original had a lot of needlessly Satan shrieks). But if exageration doesn't work, how else do you think they could have taken the character to make him funny and fitting.

That I can't say. I'm one guy and I'm not a comedian, entertainer, or a writer like the half a dozen people who write and script for DBZA. 

But going back to the Ginyu Force, they managed to come up with new comedic angles for a group that was already goofy and comedic, so I have no doubt they could have done something similar with Mr. Satan.

Yeah, I get having issue with Satan, even as someone who never watched the original. They've been very open to the worship, even if it's as a joke and have just been keeping that up. It's so noticeable with him being around so much in the last few episodes as well.

It's a bit sad to hear Buu might never happen, but as is that's an if. And even then they might change their minds in the future. Up to them though.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Hekselka said:

So we're almost there? Kind of weird to believe this series might end with the Cell saga. It's been going on for so long and I followed it way back since the start.

I know right! Dragonball Super was literally announced, began, and ended in the time it took TFS to finish android saga.

Props to those guys; this project was like almost a decade long, and extremely comprehensive. It's really hard to sustain that especially as you get older and busier. Even if we may not agree with the direction they've taken (well honestly I'm fine with it, but with changing styles you can't expect everyone to be wholly on board), let's just give these guys a hand for their patience and persistence on this project.

Edited by Lord Raven

25 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

I know right! Dragonball Super was literally announced, began, and ended in the time it took TFS to finish android saga.

Props to those guys; this project was like almost a decade long, and extremely comprehensive. It's really hard to sustain that especially as you get older and busier. Even if we may not agree with the direction they've taken (well honestly I'm fine with it, but with changing styles you can't expect everyone to be wholly on board), let's just give these guys a hand for their patience and persistence on this project.

It says a lot about the quality of their project that they've managed to build a legitimate business out of putting silly voices over a dumb anime that we all love.

Well thats a bummer that they'll end it with the Cell arc but hey that's honestly one of the best places to end it if they are gonna go out with a bang.  I really feel for them with all the copyright bs especially how draconian Youtube has become now with dealing with quite frankly trivial stuff.  I could be completely behind here but if they ever put it out on blu ray I'll be all over that (which is unlikely given copyrights and so on)

Guest Dreamyboi
14 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Well thats a bummer that they'll end it with the Cell arc but hey that's honestly one of the best places to end it if they are gonna go out with a bang.  I really feel for them with all the copyright bs especially how draconian Youtube has become now with dealing with quite frankly trivial stuff.  I could be completely behind here but if they ever put it out on blu ray I'll be all over that (which is unlikely given copyrights and so on)

Wait they're ending it at Cell? When was this announced?

9 hours ago, Dreamyboi said:

Wait they're ending it at Cell? When was this announced?

When they announced Episode 60 would be the end of the Cell Saga (I think last year?), they said the show would be on (quite likely permanent) hiatus afterwards.

I'm fine with that, though of course them finishing the Buu saga at some point in the future would be nice too. They've clearly got more on their plate now, it's understandable.

• 1 month later...

KaiserNeko on reddit about whether or not DBZA will continue after episode 60. The TL;DR seems to be "probably" :)

(also, while it's pretty late to respond to that - I like Mr. Satan, both the original and the small changes that TFS has made with him)

16 minutes ago, ping said:

KaiserNeko on reddit about whether or not DBZA will continue after episode 60. The TL;DR seems to be "probably" :)

(also, while it's pretty late to respond to that - I like Mr. Satan, both the original and the small changes that TFS has made with him)

I would say it'd be fitting for DBZA to finish at episode 60, since the official DBZ abrigded also ended at the Cell saga the first time. But I suppose a hiatus with a likely return is also fitting, since Kai eventually came back and finished the Buu saga.

Either way, I will always be happy with more Team Four Star, and DBZA is their big seller.

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Going to save this thread from dying.

Watched it on their stream.

For whatever reason, the

"Please don't break my arm..."

"Mmmmmmmmno."

part got me the most. I think TFS has just conditioned me into taking pleasure whenever Yamcha's in pain.

Look what else is back. Must have been like two years or so.

Spoiler

Looks like Vegeta finally became what he hated most. Well, besides Goku, Nappa, bald people in general, Freeza, Cell, his dad, his son, reporters, bug people...

Edited by BrightBow