TFS Abridged

Lord Raven

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of how 16 basically called Gohan to action by calling him a pussy. In the original, he actually empathizes with Gohan's moral struggle and gives a perspective from an angle no one else can as another pacifist. Though I guess it wouldn't have worked quite as well for the more Goku killing focused Abridged 16.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Neat, I guess there will be many jokes about how silly the series is at that point.

Probably. They said that the Cell Saga was their opportunity to show how much they love the series, which ended up making it more serious than the Saiyan and Frieza sagas.

The Buu Saga will be them just having fun with the series.

25 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

I've been wondering how they were gonna do Krillin and 18 getting together

i...appreciate the directness, I guess?

But uh

takin bets on when they'll drop the buu arc, I'm calling 2025

They're moving to a kind of "seasonal" format after this, and they'll drop episodes in chunks like they've been doing with the finale of the Cell games, so it'll probably be whenever they're done with their other projects, and they have to do Bojack before they get to Buu.

I'm gonna say early next summer.

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

So they're continuing on with the Buu Saga.

That's nice.

I'm just happy that means they'll probably do Bojack's movie. Hope they'll naturally manage to fit some kind of Bojack Horseman reference in without it seeming contrived.

So, we finally made it after.... how long was Season 3? It's a strong finale overall (Seriously, 1v1 spin the bottle is so funnily dumb.), most of their callbacks throughout the finale hit for me and I could have seen this as the end of their time with DBZA full stop, not that I'm complaining that it's not. Also yeah, while they clearly had fun writing the joke at the end it's..... how should I put it, awkward imo?

As for wen S4, I'll guess 2022. It just seems like the right amount of time.

Come to think of it, I don't think episode 60 ever mentioned that Cell learned Instant Transmission. Bit of an odd omission considering Cell had to get back somehow.

Also no lampshade in regards to the continuity error that Cell survived his explosion thanks to a clump in his head, even though when he fought Goku he already lost his head along with the rest of his torso.

Edit: Oh sweet, they already uploaded this track. Didn't expect it so early.

Edit2: Come to think of it, I wonder if the "Eat that Horse" line will be used in the Bojack movie.

Edited by BrightBow

Thanks for the info. 

Glad to be all caught up now. I really didn't expect to get feels, but I guess that's what good music and writing does to you.

Edited by Honeypie
All right up til the very end lol

I'm, like... a couple of weeks late here?

It's too bad I learned that they were going on to season 4 before even watching, it spoiled the surprise a little.

Even so, I've been watching the long-ass breakdown Kaiser did of all the parts.  And it sounded like they really were writing the finale as if it was really gonna be the end, and that they didn't know right up until the last little bit.  So that's probably why it felt like the series could have ended there.  Also, Kaiser was the one who wrote a lot of the dramatic stuff, especially the bits about Gohan's fear of letting go of himself in order to stop Cell.  And the use of "My Way" is definitely heavy symbolism.

This is it, and it was three whole hours:

Spoiler

So Part 2 is back back up. But you may not have noticed because for some reason it won't show up in their upload list or searches. You gotta either link to it directly or look up the playlist. So I figured it may be a good idea to share this.

Also because it's just plain weird. I mean, the video's page does not say that the video is unlisted, yet it doesn't show up on the upload list.

Edited by BrightBow

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Should have seen it coming when it was announced for the 1st, but they announced Kai 3 and instead we got this:

(Get it while it's still (mostly) uncensored)

Spoiler

For after watching:

Spoiler

This is the strangest and by far dirtiest they've gotten. Uncensored TFS was a surprise and I do think the brief IRL cutaway was just a great image and the thing to point to when people ask why Season 4 will take ages. :P It's also very topical about the show and there's definitely political stuff too though, just watch for it.

This is not as good as their more recent episodes. But it's an April Fool's episode, of course it isn't.

Edited by Dayni