Fire Emblem Online (Patch v0.6b Available!)

Lamia

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could say that this hack is funky on more than just one level, but I'm really looking forward to giving it a try! Looks like there's a lot of rich new elements, and hey, those spell animations are really, really neat.

The writing does feel a little bit stale from what I've seen so far, but at least the gameplay looks pretty promising.

very cool. But I am curious of this hack how are you planning on making the Holy Weapons work in this game? since Lamia is the main character no Tyrfing for her I`m guessing most that will be received are magic based equip since about 90% of the team are mages (which is fine magic is broken to begin with) anyway yeah magic and lots of it I suppose.

very cool. But I am curious of this hack how are you planning on making the Holy Weapons work in this game? since Lamia is the main character no Tyrfing for her I`m guessing most that will be received are magic based equip since about 90% of the team are mages (which is fine magic is broken to begin with) anyway yeah magic and lots of it I suppose.

there's nothing like 'Holy Weapons' or anything like that, just personal weapons/items and S-rank legendaries (which will be pawnable of course but expensive)

Edited by Lorena

there's nothing like 'Holy Weapons' or anything like that, just personal weapons/items and S-rank legendaries (which will be pawnable of course but expensive)

Ah I see no Holy weapons eh? aww :( well still sounding great I have not even seen all the personal equip and S rank weapons you have added yet many of the animations are quite well done for the spells I still love that Burst spell quite awesome

Ah I see no Holy weapons eh? aww :( well still sounding great I have not even seen all the personal equip and S rank weapons you have added yet many of the animations are quite well done for the spells I still love that Burst spell quite awesome

I renamed it to Storm because I changed the C-rank one to Spark (due to actually changing the animation)

I might end up changing that one too but I might not because I like the effects I ended up with

also it only seems like a lot of magic users since FE never gave that many so quickly, you just get them all first in my hack before the physical ones

in the end the ratio is 14 physical characters, 10 magical

I renamed it to Storm because I changed the C-rank one to Spark (due to actually changing the animation)

I might end up changing that one too but I might not because I like the effects I ended up with

also it only seems like a lot of magic users since FE never gave that many so quickly, you just get them all first in my hack before the physical ones

in the end the ratio is 14 physical characters, 10 magical

Oh so it goes in reverse magic first then physical fighters great! I personally love magic fighters. thanks for the heads up so the physical fighters in the end still out number the magic. keep up the great work I can`t wait to see new updates this hack looks to be really fun I`m impressed at what you have done I wish I knew how to hack at that level it seems easy to do yet hard :o

• 1 month later...

would anyone be interested in being more thorough playtesters/reviewers for my hack here? I've only got two friends that can play it and it's not really enough opinion, and I'd like to have some good ideas and possible fixes and adjustments based on review

Edited by Lorena

alright then I attached the WIP patch to the post, the ROM requires a header, furthermore make sure you don't patch a J2E-patched rom, must be original japanese

I'd like to hear some comments and critiques about it if I could, lemme know what you think guise

additionally I may be going back and editing the first and second chapter maps eventually since I figured out how to edit events well enough (second chapter still has too much walking)

oh and by the way, if you come across any untranslated dialogue text (other than items dropping or breaking) be a neighbor and make a savestate for me so I can go in and rewrite it, and of course provide me with any errors and stuff I also need to correct

enjoy yourselves

patch removed, wait for next update

Edited by Lamia

I have to say this Hack is amazing!! on chapter 1 now. There are a few small things that bothered me though but nothing really bad. The Relive staff animation does not play quite right it does not show the other character it is like the screen won`t scroll all the way to the other end. There is some glitch text on death quotes but I`m sure that is because you have not gotten to all the dialogue yet so no big deal. Last but not last for now till I see more stuff Pursuit oh gosh the pursuit skill many characters that need it lack it you should really add pursuit on to more characters especially Lamia if not anyone else Lamia the main character with no pursuit is ouch the prologue chapter was quite difficult going through with not much double attack from more than just Joana. Also consider making pursuit a class skill of the hero class and swordmaster other than that so far it`s good and the chapter dialogue had me laughing on some parts it`s great.

Something I noticed is that weapons cost way too much to repair.

I have to agree with that. Joana broke her weapons on the 1st chapter, and again on the Arena. Lauir also broke her on the first chaper.

You should either give more uses and slightly lower the price/use, or lover the general price.

In the original the most costly weapons (outside legendary or staffs) cost 300 per use. Here every magic cost 200+ per uses, and the cheepest weapons cost 119G. And the Arena gives half the original price.

About the Arena, you may change the ennemy for the archers. There are lot of Lance user in chapter 2 Arena who just wait patiently that Joana kill them.

While that's great for her, that's not really challlenging.

The theme naming was pretty neat though.

Otherwise... Chapter wasn't that different, except you can't solo with the lord anymore.Even Ouerya can't solo the chapter due to the mages presence. So, it's pretty positive.

Also... Helll yeah ! Triangle attack ! (Lamia, Lauir Lapis). I discovered that by pure chance, but it's a great addition.n

This may be good to give more information about this kind of things, though.

Another things I'm curious about is how will 3rd tier works.

So far, I'm pretty happy with this hack though. Keep up the good work !

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

It seems to only works on ZSNES.

Well, time to try !

Works fine on Snes9x so far, version 1.53.

The true test is whether it works fine on BSNES/Higan, as that's the most accurate emulator around. If it fails on that, hopefully the bugs in the hack aren't too grave.

Edited by Celice

Um, I can't beat chapter 1 now, because Lorena decided to not pursue Elliot.

You should probably fix that.

second chapter you mean? did he run right past them

think it's happened to me before, I can fix that

edit: patch updated, it will adjust his group's spawn points

Edited by Lorena

Yes, that's exactly what happened. Thanks for fixing it, although I think I'm going to lose some of that chapter's progress.

I called it Chapter 1 because I thought the first one was the Prologue, as that's what it is in FE4.