Highest luck cap possible

Brady

So, I was bored, so I started looking around SF, and found something interesting.

Two of the characters with the highest luck modifiers in the first gen are opposite genders: Mariabel and Donnel.

So that gets me thinking, "How could I use and abuse this..." and BOOM the answer immediately came into my noggin.

First, we start the game with a +luck and -Anything that isn't speed or defense.

Next, pair up Donnel and Mariabel. Now, if you don't know, or just don't want to check, this will bring Brady to a very hilarious +7 in luck. Now that brings the promoted cap up to 52, meaning GASP! 104% ARMSTHRIFT ACTIVATION RATE? Yup. And luckily, because of Donnel, he has access to that skill. Hello unbreakable weapons,my name is Brady.

BUT! It gets better.

When you pair the lovely and attractive Brady with your equally lovely and attractive +luck Avatar, you get to have a quite ever so lovely Morgan...

Now, I don't know the exact modifier for a +luck Avatar in luck, but I believe it's 5 (don't really know why I think that though...)

So, if that's true, you get a Morgan with +12 luck (hopefully) so, now your luck cap is...57. Now, that's 114% Armsthrift activation. But now you have access to Despoil, so now you have more than half a chance to get a nice money sum, so... Unbreakable weapons+getting money for killing people=infinite money no problems, no dlc. Also, I forgot to mention before, but you also get a great activation rate for Miracle.

So, for other luck uses. As far as I know, 1 point of luck increases your hit and avoid by .5 and critical avoid by 1. So, Morgan is hitting and avoiding for 28 or 29 (don't know if it rounds up or down) and is most likely never getting critical hit upon...

Sure, it's not the best build, but it's the most hilarious one in my opinion.

...With Limit Breaker, basically ANYONE can have a 100% Armsthrift activation rate. And you don't have to go through all of that "breeding" to do that.

And Miracle and Despoil have good enough activation rates as it is...

Yeah, but you have to buy the DLC that has the Limit Breaker Manual. This is an awesome option for us cheapskates. Plus it's nice that Pokemon isn't the only game where we can find weird-ass breeding combos.

Can someone confirm for me that it is indeed adding +5 luck from Avatar? I just want to be sure.

Luck asset with a irrelevant flaw gives +4.

And excellent work. Not as broken as Nowi!Kellem->Nah!MU Morgan hitting 64 Def and 54 res, but Broken nonethless.

I'd rather breed Chrom to Maribelle, and then breed the resulting Brady with +Luck Avatar to get a high luck Morgan (I believe 54 luck) with Royal Weapon. Who needs +2 luck when you can get +10% activation outright?

1360161004[/url]' post='2275098']

Luck asset with a irrelevant flaw gives +4.

And excellent work. Not as broken as Nowi!Kellem->Nah!MU Morgan hitting 64 Def and 54 res, but Broken nonethless.

Ah, since it's only one less, it actually doesn't affect the hit and avoid, just making it a solid 28 (it was 28.5 before) and nearly everything else goes down by just 1.

And also, for even MORE luck, you can give hithe Nidhogg for plus 10 luck. Or, if you don't want a bow, you can throw him Fin's lance for +2 luck and +2 something else.

Also, if you pair the male Morgan you're gonna get to his waifu Lucina as a great lord, you get a nifty +4 in luck among other things.

Effectively increasing your luck by another 6-14 points.

1360164689[/url]' post='2275116']

Just wondering, if you use Leif blade that has the despoil ability on it, do you get 2 bullion(S) each enemy killed?

I don't think so, because the sword only gives the skill, and you can't have two of the same skill...

1360175577[/url]' post='2275218']

And people think luck is the dump stat.

I laugh at them when they find they can't critical hit my Morgan, and just flat out cant hit him.

I always loved the luck stat, which is why Ross, Ewan, and Amelia were my favorite characters in SS, dat luck growth.

All skills should be based on the skill stat because if you ain't got the skill then you shouldn't skill the skill.

Skill

So excuse me while I accidentally rob your entire army.

Edited by Elieson

All skills should be based on the skill stat because if you ain't got the skill then you shouldn't skill the skill.

Skill

So excuse me while I accidentally rob your entire army.

Except Miracle, because that's all luck. =P

And people think luck is the dump stat.

I'll admit, that line of thought confuses me. Radiant Dawn in particular sends boatloads of enhanced crit foes at you (which gets even worse in part 4), and I *really* abhor the thought of having to restart because of an inopportune critical hit. Personally, I considered Skill more of the dump stat since hitting enemies in most FEs tends to not be a problem.

Luck has its purposes, and I would never complain about an overabundance of it, but sometimes skill can be just as important as luck. Like if your plan requires you to hit and kill someone with an 80% hit. And then you miss. And then someone dies.

• 5 years later...