The Sword or The Magic

RedStar

Main Attacking Stat  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Avatar's skill in?

Well, I'm honestly curious, when most people would recommended a (Str+ Mag-) or (Mag+ Str-) Avatar.

What do most people end up using the most?

What do you prefer using?

I'm probably doing three play throught at least using trying different styles. (I would when my game comes in on Monday.)

Personally I like a Hybrid, A Jack of All Trades. Not the Strongest just the most versatile.

For aesthetics, I go with magic, but strategically Hybrid makes more sense unless you want super!Morgan in one or the other stats (Magic!Avatar+Any mage waifu/husbando makes ScaryAss!Morgan)

Plus, if you make your Avatar a Hybrid it makes Ignis much more powerful. Adding 20-25 power instead of 10-12 is pretty relevant.

I tend to base my Avatar's modifiers off of who I'm pairing him/her with on the most current PT. Like for instance, if I'm pairing Robin with Tharya, Miriel, Maribelle, or Lissa, my avatar's asset would be magic. In the case of someone like Cherche, it might be Strength. It all depends.

For aesthetics, I go with magic, but strategically Hybrid makes more sense unless you want super!Morgan in one or the other stats (Magic!Avatar+Any mage waifu/husbando makes ScaryAss!Morgan)

Plus, if you make your Avatar a Hybrid it makes Ignis much more powerful. Adding 20-25 power instead of 10-12 is pretty relevant.

Ignis is always a plus for hybrids. Though, sometimes Ignis does not compare towards the other (skill activated) skills.

I was going for magic hybrid, but it became abundantly clear he was a magic when I stopped using the Mages whose names were not Tharja, Noire, or Morgan.

And That's what some Avatars, To fill in role that you need. (Which is why I like a Jack of All Trade)

I have mine as a hybrid. Since I was going to try to keep original classes on my first playthrough, I wanted to have my avatar proficient in both swords and magic... and so he is. Right now he is a rather formidable Grandmaster.

That's always good for a start.

I like hitting things very hard

I wouldn't want to be complete crap at magic, though, since magic is good 2 range right there and it's pretty cool as long as I got my options of actually hitting something.

But I will always main physical.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Ignis is always a plus for hybrids. Though, sometimes Ignis does not compare towards the other (skill activated) skills.

True, but it has a decent activation rate (No divisions here) and comes at a pretty early stage, especially considering Veteran's existance. You'll normally (I find) hit lv18-ish by the time your first Master Seal rolls around if you do all the skirmishes that pop up like I do, which means you'll probably have Ignis by the time you hit Gangrel, which is useful.

I mostly main in strength for my Avatar (since I plan on making him as a Wyvern Lord for his final class), but I don't neglect magic, since that will help with tomes while he's still a Grandmaster, and the magical weapons as well.

As for myself, I went with a +str/-lck build for my Avatar, so I ended up using swords as his strength ended up superior to his magic by a large margin. I then decided to capitalize on this fact by making him a Merc(mostly to get Weapon Saver, but also to give him a few extra levels before he promoted.) Granted, while he was still a tactician, I did have him use magic for a bit(he got up to a D rank in magic), but in the end, it really didn't matter that much.

I made mine +skill/-def. I wanted to use both swords and magic.

I just beat the game yesterday and I find Magic to be much more useful since it has better range so I ended up using it more and swords became useless since my weapon level was so low.

I like being a squishy Mage, so I went +Mag -Def.

Needless to say, that had left me with a game over on some occasions...

And ironically enough, I've made Morgan (mothered by Panne) into a Hero. She's daddy's little monster, nevertheless.