Mass Effect 3 - Multiplayer

Orpheon

Yes, I realize this game is going on a year old, but I didn't find a thread for this so I thought I'd make one myself since I've been playing often.

Anyone out there play ME3 multiplayer? I play on the PS3 myself; got the trilogy for christmas and I love it. My biggest complaint are the people that try and play Gold when they're not ready for it. They're not using consumables, and their weapons are terribad (Avenger IV, I've seen enough of those to last a life time).

I guess you could also say this is my "reaching out" thread, hoping to find players that I could have fun with and potentially do Gold runs with. If you don't have it on PS3, that's fine, just general discussion of the multiplayer is fine as well!

I played some decent amount of the multiplayer on PC roughly half a year ago, and yeah I was surprised at Krogans how much Krogans fun Krogans it was.

If I tried right now, I'd probably be relatively shit on Gold (or Platinum ha) for somebody who's had the game so long, but the Infiltrators and Salarian Engi are relatively forgiving with bigass sniper rifles on, so I think I could contribute well enough if I wasn't too dumb to get everyone killed before I figured out where to hold up.

Still haven't gotten to play against the Collectors, should really fire the game up some time for that.

If I tried right now, I'd probably be relatively shit on Gold (or Platinum ha) for somebody who's had the game so long, but the Infiltrators and Salarian Engi are relatively forgiving with bigass sniper rifles on, so I think I could contribute well enough if I wasn't too dumb to get everyone killed before I figured out where to hold up.

Still haven't gotten to play against the Collectors, should really fire the game up some time for that.

Oh, the Salarian Engi is one of my favorite classes. Energy Drain should make Geth easy on Gold if you play smart, and you can set off your own fire explosions if you incenerate > energy drain, but I find myself using incendiary ammo for those explosions most of the time; not to mention that energy drain staggers and opens up a free headshot if sniper engi is your thing. I usually swap between SMG/sniper engi, depending on the lobby.

I haven't tried platinum yet either 2spooky, but I've heard by wave 11, you have all the factions there--Cerberus, Geth, Reapers, and Collectors. Collectors, in my opinion, are the toughest faction. Boss units like Scions can snipe you from super far away like a Geth Prime, and Praetorians can hit you through walls. Praetorians also have this biotic bubble that absorbs powers whenever they're flying through the air, so they're the toughest to dps. There's also the seeker swarms, that can power up any unit, scions and praetorians included, making them twice as hard to kill.

Well I finally unlocked the class I wanted the most, the N7 Destroyer (it's a soldier), and it's so much fun to play as. I have it speced 6/0/6/6/6, skipping out on Hawk Missile Launcher and going for all weapon damage. It feels so relieving not having to worry about cooldowns at all; I can throw on whatever I want, and for example, a Striker 1 and a Geth Plasma Shotgun 2 gives me -91% recharge, but it doesn't matter since I don't have any powers to recharge.

It's a slow class, about as slow as the Krogans, but it's still tons of fun though. Now I just need to unlock the N7 Typhoon so I can shred bosses with BIG AMMO.