The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Whats the best asset and flaw to start a new lunatic gameplay?

+Def and Spd are the most common assets and -Skl/Lck the most popular flaws. +Def tends to be used more by newcomers while +Spd is more for experienced players who know how to put it to good use. As FoliFF already mentioned, it also depends on whether or not you grind. If you're grinding, asset and flaw don't matter much because all of your stats are going to be high anyway. -Def/Spd would make early-game chapters harder but it would still be do-able.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all the DLC for grind, gold and weapons, so I'll do it after chapter 4. Currently on chapter 2. I chose +DEF -Luck. So far everything is going well, I used the water strategy to gain some extra EXP points for Robin on prologue.

Hah I think I almost broke L+ thanks I got lucky with some Anna shops so I could reclass Sumia into General. I want to pass down pavise to Cynthia and Lucina instead of Galeforce. Anyway now she's dodging like nobodies business even though she is a general (lmao) and even with Hawkeye+ thanks to the high def she has now there is little damage dealt on her. Only thing I have to look out is the pesky hawkeye+/Luna+ combo...

Same can't be said with the rest of my team xD

Edited by FoliFF

Yeah, Sumia is really great. I usually have her as a DF in C6 and onward with GF passdown to Lucina and Cynthia and she just destroys the rest of the game. The combination of nigh guaranteed Dual Attacks from Chrom+guaranteed doubling+High Avoid helps a lot in most chapters. Though, I've never tried out General!Sumia.

^

That's what I usually do with Sumia but seeing that both Lucina and Cynthia can learn GF on their own I wanted to see what other skills was worth passing down when paired to Chrom and it was either Luna, DG+ or Pavise. Considering that both will have Aether which make Luna a bit overkill and redundant, I also wasn't biggest fan of DG+ so I went for Pavise. Truth to be told this is first time I'm running General!Sumia and I have no regrets other than it killed her magic growths. With that I'll make FK as her final class after I got GF on her though.

Also the scene where Sumia punches Chrom is hilarious when she in General armour. xD

WHATS a good pairing for the children? I will pair inigo with robin AND how do i pair Olivia with chrom?

PS: chrom so weak, i thought he was good while playing on normal

Chrom isn't that bad nor weak, except early game. You just need to put some effort to train him. He's a beast with pair up for that lovely support attack. Still doesn't help that Lucina outshines and outclass him during mid to late game too xD

To pair Olivia with Chrom you have to make sure that all potential LI are unavailable except for Olivia herself. That is none of Chroms potential LI has any support that can win out on Olivia since she rank the lowest with the F!Robin on the priority scale.

Ripped from FE wiki:

Marriage

If Chrom has not achieved an S-Support by the end of Chapter 11, he will be automatically married to one of his marriage candidates as long as they have not been married or incapacitated. The order follows, assuming all five are unmarried and have achieved the same support level with Chrom at the end of Chapter 11:

1. Sumia
  2. Maribelle
  3. Sully
  4. Olivia
  5. The Avatar (Female)

However, there are two special circumstances:

1. If Chrom has gained at least 18 support points with Olivia and has not achieved a C-Support with any of the other candidates, he will marry Olivia.
  2. If Chrom has not gained 9 support points with any of the 5 women and/or all 5 are married or incapacitated, Chrom will marry a nameless village maiden.

The advice I got from the pairing thread when I asked the same question was it's recommended to pair the children to fit their stats during pair up, i.e magical x magical and physical x physical. However, it seems you have more leeway to choose here depending if you are interested in raw stats or not.

Chrom is generally a better support than anything. His potential skill set is pretty much built around that. That said, he can frontline if you're really set on it, but he needs to really work for it, unlike Robin. On the other hand, thanks to superior availability, he'll still have a markedly easier time getting there than everyone other than potentially Sully (and only if she takes advantage of her time in C1; otherwise, she'll be just as behind as the other scrubs). Even if he doesn't do much direct fighting or Dual Striking in the early chapters, his lead in support ranks coupled with Dual Strike+ makes it a lot easier to have Robin help him make a couple easy kills down the road.

There are other things that should probably have priority over Pavise, but it's not a terrible choice, considering the majority of the enemies use weapons that fall into that category. Plus, it means that kid doesn't get stuck going down General if you do want them to have it. Yes, you can pass both, but since each parent can only pass one skill, this typically means that the father is going to have to be the one to give Pavise.

F!Robin is generally regarded being the best pair for Chrom, especially great support unit for Robin. I have seen many pair the two in Lunatic and/or Lunatic+ since Lucina and Morgan benefit greatly from it too. Mainly Lucina with all kinds of different class options.

Also for story reason F!Robin x Chrom is the OTP

To be fair though the top three pairing for Chrom are Robin, Olivia and Sumia so you can't really go wrong with either choice and all three benefit each other and the children differently.

Nice, Chrom is such a great support and since hes mandatory in almosto every chapter, so it will be nice. Now I just have to train a little more to pass galeforce for my children. Both Morgan and Lucina will inherit it, right?

You might want to consider passing Lucina Veteran instead of Galeforce and have her do Dark Flier on her own. Vanilla Lunatic can be overpowered with raw stats and Veteran really delivers in that regard. Plus, the high mobility of a flier and tome access (even for someone with mediocre Mag—which I might add is all her dad's fault—like Lucina) makes it easier to find good pick-offs and positioning (it helps that if you start working on her ASAP, there's a lot of abusable terrain in Morgan's Paralogue and C14-16 that can keep her fairly safe). Galeforce as a pass down is more imperative in Lunatic+ (but careful play with Veteran can still be a pretty solid option), as it offers a strong countermeasure to the presence of Counter, at the cost of either forfeiting Veteran entirely and just making up for it with quantity of kills, or pushing through Tactician. Of course, these concerns also carry significantly less weight if you're grinding.

Do you have someone who is really good at killing Wyverns and uses 1~2-range? If you do, an easy way to clear those reinforcements is to make sure that character is north of the 2x2 Bones tiles during T5 EP. This will put them in range of all 6 and allow you to kill them off in one phase. Make sure to keep all other units at least 2 tiles south of that same set of Bones, or else they'll get attacked instead. With the north side safe, you now have room to kite the other wave of enemies backward.

If not, you'll still need a tank with good 1~2-range who can survive and at least injure each Wyv. Your other units will also need to be highly mobile, because after the tank injures those reinforcements, you'll need to have the rest of the team rush up to pick them off.

I dit it. I equiped Lon'qu with some swords that gives high critical chance and somehow I got by everyone. Im playing the capter right now but now its easy (if Only i knew Libra would "recruit himself" going to speak with me it would have cost me less effort)

Yep. Same for Lunatic+. In fact, many of the children just show up too late with too poor stats to actually be helpful. The main loss would come in the form of not utilizing Morgan and Lucina (and likely Robin's other kid, if applicable), who have the possibility of coming in strong and keeping up the entire time. Still a super Robin + Chrom can pretty much flatten the game so long as you have a plan for dealing with Grima (even if it's as simple as letting Chrom flail away with Exalted Falchion Dual Strikes, he appreciates hit boosts, like Hex, Anathema or his own Hit+20).

I'm thinking in making Chrom a nice Bow Knight to provide some support when needed again flying units. Somehow Sully died on chapter 13 and I'm thinking of replacing her for Lucina+Morgan.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I might as well ask here. In No Grind Lunatic+, what would be the best wife for a DEF!Male Robin? I've been suggested Nowi, but I would think her lack of 2 range would screw her over against Counter spammers.

Nowi's Dragonstone is a 1~2-range weapon. It does leave her vulnerable to EP Counter, but at least she can fight it on PP without taking damage. That said, Nowi isn't an especially good choice. She's viable, but runs into issues with Counter in that if she unequips, she loses a ton of stats. She's also slow and relies on the bulk of her Def to stay alive, which means that anything nominally fast with Luna+ is going to eat her alive.

Cordelia is typically held up as the best. Pegasus Knights are a pretty good class, even if they take some effort to get going. She also has the good fortune of dropping in right before C8, which is a prime training ground for flying units. It's also possible to get her to Dark Flier 15 in time for Galeforce Morgan and Severa to still be relevant.

Oh right, I'm still running off how Dragonstones work in Fates. Woops.

Semi-related, for Sumia (who's getting married to Chrom) should I instant promote her at level 10, so she can get Galeforce ASAP? I don't think I can get her to 20/15 before Lucina joins. Cordelia I would assume has plenty of time to hit that benchmark since there's no rush to get Morgan and Severa.