Fire Emblem Reskin

metalflygon08

MF08 here, I've been working on sprites for Fire Emblem lately and figured I'd share some to get feedback and all that jazz.

Here's what's planned: Reskinning the sprites used by the old GBA fire emblems to help them blend better, and to help the units seem more human next to one another.

fireemblemresprite_zps302f0bae.png

from left to right: Pirate, Bandit, Mercenary, Axe Fighter^, Shaman, Soldier*, Myrmidon, Theif, Beserker, Warrior^*.

^Edited from Hector's sprite

*Unsure which one looks better.

In my book the Axe Fighters are supposed to be axe users in the army, thus walking around in shirts doesn't seem very army like, that's reserved for Bandits and Pirates. Same with Warriors, which shouldn't have gotten such a growth spurt upon promotion.

I'll post sheets as I make them.

C&C and all that appreciated.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you make any full sheets edited from the bases, shoot me a PM. I'm looking for more pallettes and edits to add into FEXP right now and these look very good.

Edit: Also, that soldier/halberdier in the middle right is by far my favorite.

Edited by Klok

A lot of the frame transitions seem awful jumpy, could you align them in the order you think they should be, for critical, normal, dodge, and throwaxe? As an example, this section is really awkward looking and if that's the intended order, it needs a bit of work. If that's not the intended order I could rearrange it but I just want to have it looking good on paper before I even try.

^that's the kind of stuff I'm happy to have pointed out, blur frames are my weak spot, I'll get those touched up in a jiff.

Also a bonus something I made long ago

Female Assasin

Assasin_zpsd9208619.png

Perhaps it is just me, but her head doesn't really look connected (probably due to the angle of her ponytail).

On these frames:

http://puu.sh/21Lfo

I don't think you would see the skin of her head.

But other than that, your sprites are pretty solid! I'm actually loving the pirate and mercenary though. :)

Edited by eCut

I think the sliding forward on the pirate is a little weird. I think it would make more sense if he lunged forward with a full step, instead of apparently slide teleporting about a foot away. I like the leap back, though.

Video 1!

I need the magic sword frames for this animation too. If you'd be a bro and make those, then the animation will be complete.

21VYo.png

Great work btw, keep them coming! I'll keep adding as long as you keep spriting! However, I'd like to work something more advanced out with you so I'll PM you later.

Shading on the bandit, especially the legs, seems really flat and unattractive. I probably won't use the extra two critical frames for the magic sword assassin because they look awkward, but the notion is appreciated.

I think I see what you mean and adjusted a few spots on each frame

Bandit_zpsb919bd91.png