Working on a Streetpass Team. Help?

ChronosFlame

So basically I am building a streetpass team because there are two people I know with the game. One is powergaming his butt off, and so the idea would be, while it's unlikely he'd lose, he might restart once or twice. So these ten are already at or close to max stats, I am just working on picking up the last couple skills in a couple cases. Also, only 4 skills are listed because they will all have limit breaker when it is released.

+Mag, -Def

Sorcerer or sage (can't decide)

Astra(or Ignis, again, can't decide), Tomefaire, Counter, Vantage

Valflame, or forged Aversa's night if sorcerer.

Avatar is the one I am having most trouble with. He has all those skills and more available, but I don't know what to do with him. He's the one I want opinions on most, as he is the one I want to be a true force to reckon with.

Cordelia

Falcoknight

Lancefaire, Iote's Shield (when released), Sol, Tomebreaker(or maybe axebreaker)

Gradivus, Maybe Brave Lance

Morgan (Mother:Cordelia)

Sage

Celica's Gale, Goddess Staff

Severa (Father:Avatar)

Completely Unsure. Hero for more axe? Dark flier for more mage? No idea really. She is likely going to adapt (as well as maybe Henry and Noire) depending on feedback on the team in general.

Chrom

Great Lord

Aether, Rightful King, Aegis, Luna

E.Falchion, Brave Lance

Sully

Paladin

Luna, Aegis, Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker

Lucina (Mother:Sully)

Swordmaster

Aether, Rightful King, Lethality, Aegis

SolKatti

Tharja

Sorcerer

Pavise, Vengence, Luna, Hit+20

Aversa's Night, Mire

Henry

Warrior

Counter, Pass, Axefaire, Lethality

Armads, Brave Axe/Bow

Noire (Father:Henry)

Assassin

Pavise, Counter, Pass(Maybe), Bowfaire(Maybe)

Astra, Brave Sword

So any skill problems or anything I am missing? Is Astra or Ignis generally stronger, because Avatar will have one, and his kids will have one but likely not both.

Quick note: luna and lethality cut into aether activation rates. This is true for any active skill

I'm actually in a similar situation to you in terms of the goal of my streetpass team.

I'm also making a streetpass team with the idea in mind that I just need to be able to kill at least 1 unit to force a reset. Because of the nature of the game (AI controlled vs player controlled) you won't be able to make a truly "unbeatable" team, so going for a scrappy RNG based kills team like this IMO is more infuriating than making a balanced all-around team. I was inspired to do this after repeatedly getting killed by lethality + brave sword vs my sister's streetpass team for about 4 battles in a row.

Your build seems to be reliant on pure muscle and would probably work really well in player vs player (which unfortunately doesn't exist in awakening)

I'm running 4 manaketes + 2 sorcerers + 3 assassins + dancer

Sorc build: (includes MU and Owain)

Vantage + Wrath + gamble + miracle + vengeance. Forged ruin tome and forged Mire tome

Assassin build: (Severa and Cynthia)

Vantage + all skill +2 + skill +2 + speed +2 + lethality. Forged brave sword, forged brave bow. Will change out skill +2 to limit breaker later

Lucina buld:

Vantage + all skill +2 + skill +2 + lethality + rightful king

The manaketes are just there to tank, force wyrmslayer usage, and provide threats for other dragon units (wyvern lord and manakete). I noticed through about 15 streetpasses I've gotten at my university that dragon units are very popular (granted most of them were level 10 or so)

So basically I'm going for cheap vengeance critical kills and lethalities. Quick note: Severa as Lon'qu's child has +6 skill modifier.

Thinking mathematically, in the best case scenario your units will have an average of 14% chance of lethality and land 4 hits each using brave weapons. Multiply 4 hits by 3 characters + 1 dance and you get a 92% chance of lethality on a single turn. Combine that with an average 75% critical rate with Ruin on a sorcerer under half HP (thus enough damage to OHKO on crit) and you get a 99.5% chance of getting at least 1 kill by the end of the player's second or third turn depending on the map. Then we be a bit realistic and say maybe an 85 or 80% chance of getting a kill if the map is sub-optimal or the other player plays well. This means the other guy will only win one out of 5 games at best. That's good enough for me :)

Edited by Banchan

Well I certainly want a semi-balanced team anyway. I'm just weird enough that my arbitrary rules include not having a ton of the same class. That and my Avatar has to be a caster, but that isn't a problem haha. If there weren't a shortage of tome users I wouldn't even have two sorcs, but the darn things are all that can use dark. Anyway, I hadn't even thought of using a manekete. The team above is basically my in game team with skills moved around to get rid of useful things as AI (Galeforce does nothing assuming reset, and counter is not nearly as good when playing)

Mostly what I am trying to figure out, is whether astra or Ignis is better on the units that have to choose.

And you are right, I have to find something to replace luna with. I'm leaving Lethality, because if that activates, who cares about Aether, but yeah.

Hadn't even thought of miracle. I'll have to see who can fit that in.

Also, as a note, mire is unforgeable sadly.

Well I certainly want a semi-balanced team anyway. I'm just weird enough that my arbitrary rules include not having a ton of the same class. That and my Avatar has to be a caster, but that isn't a problem haha. If there weren't a shortage of tome users I wouldn't even have two sorcs, but the darn things are all that can use dark. Anyway, I hadn't even thought of using a manekete. The team above is basically my in game team with skills moved around to get rid of useful things as AI (Galeforce does nothing assuming reset, and counter is not nearly as good when playing)

Mostly what I am trying to figure out, is whether astra or Ignis is better on the units that have to choose.

And you are right, I have to find something to replace luna with. I'm leaving Lethality, because if that activates, who cares about Aether, but yeah.

Hadn't even thought of miracle. I'll have to see who can fit that in.

Also, as a note, mire is unforgeable sadly.

x.x forgot mire isn't forgeable. Doesn't really matter since the main spell is ruin.

Ignis is probably the better choice if you're hoping for quick kills. Astra is skill / 2% while ignis is skill%, making it more reliable even if it doesn't do as much damage. We're aiming for just 1 kill here right?

I'm sort of conflicted with your usage of Pass on Noire and Henry. While it will definitely allow you to get in some cheap kills on backline healers/dancer, a good player will not lose to that more than once.

I'd also pull out either luna or vengeance from Tharja for obvious reasons.

If you plan on using astra on noire, I'd change her to something else. Preferably a magic user so she can take advantage of Tharja and Henry's modifiers.

Edited by Banchan

I know ignis activates more, but part of the reason for Astra would be crits. It depends on how I forge really, but if astra activates, any crit chance I have is rolled five times, which really puts a lot of uncertainty in dealing with the unit. I would have to look at mechanics to see what average crit chance is, so if somebody could point me to that, it would be great.

For that reason I am even thinking about replacing aether with astra on Lucina with the SolKatti. Make her basically a huge chance-based threat no matter what. Will she lethality? will one of the astra hits crit?

Pass is on her (and possibly others, not sure yet) for that reason. They might fall for it once, and it really makes positioning crucial. No more blocking a passage or anything, especially if it is on more than just Noire. I am somewhat up in the air about it really.

I'm not 100% what to do with Tharja yet. Those were just the good ones I saw at first.

And Astra as in the bow, not the skill.

Edited by ChronosFlame

I know ignis activates more, but part of the reason for Astra would be crits. It depends on how I forge really, but if astra activates, any crit chance I have is rolled five times, which really puts a lot of uncertainty in dealing with the unit. I would have to look at mechanics to see what average crit chance is, so if somebody could point me to that, it would be great.

For that reason I am even thinking about replacing aether with astra on Lucina with the SolKatti. Make her basically a huge chance-based threat no matter what. Will she lethality? will one of the astra hits crit?

Pass is on her (and possibly others, not sure yet) for that reason. They might fall for it once, and it really makes positioning crucial. No more blocking a passage or anything, especially if it is on more than just Noire. I am somewhat up in the air about it really.

I'm not 100% what to do with Tharja yet. Those were just the good ones I saw at first.

And Astra as in the bow, not the skill.

Astra is definitely a huge threat due to crits, but honestly the 24ish percent chance of getting astra makes it not worth it IMO. The low damage on a Sol Katti (8?) means a capped swordmaster Lucina will deal 48 damage (45 with sully as the mother) (53 with swordfaire, 50 with sully as the mother), a rather underwhelming number considering units like MU with a defense deficiency can get 40 def as a sorc and manaketes in general have around 50 defense. That means 2 criticals without astra or aether will not even kill a capped sorc

Edited by Banchan

I guess I forget that skills change pretty hard when you are dealing with all capped units. One-shotting is unlikely on both ends which makes Luna a ton better. And sadly makes Aether a lot less attractive. It also makes things like Vantage a ton more useful, and Lethality, even with it's low activation, very nice.

I commend you for not simply attaching Lethality to everything, as many FE13 newcomers are tempted to do. I said a few times that this will lead to the other team not wanting to fight you at all after failing a few times. While making your team strong will make things challenging, your ultimate goal is to lose since you're an enemy team from their viewpoint.

Now, generally,

- Forged weapons > Regalia (Valflame is still superior in terms of raw output, although you may want to worry about its accuracy)

- Be very careful about items that can only heal partially. This includes the Falchions, Wolt's Bow and other similar weapons. AI will use it when their HP is below half, but partial recovery is really a one-way ticket to deathland - the other team will now face a unit with 30~60 HP that can be taken out easily.

- Consider having one or two rally units. Those +4 boosts are highly valuable in battles between maxed teams.

- Vengeance and Vantage units should not recover health for obvious reasons. They are going to be glass canons. Either that or retool them with other skills.

+Mag, -Def

Sorcerer or sage (can't decide)

Astra(or Ignis, again, can't decide), Tomefaire, Counter, Vantage

Valflame, or forged Aversa's night if sorcerer.

Avatar is the one I am having most trouble with. He has all those skills and more available, but I don't know what to do with him. He's the one I want opinions on most, as he is the one I want to be a true force to reckon with.

IMO Sorceror > Sage

Sage has a higher damage output, but is awful at defense. Go for Sorceror, especially if you expect DLC teams with fight you. Demon Fighters (however much I want to see them banned) will kill Sages mercilessly.

I'll pick Ignis over Astra because Ignis helps better against enemies with high resistance.

Cordelia

Falcoknight

Lancefaire, Iote's Shield (when released), Sol, Tomebreaker(or maybe axebreaker)

Gradivus, Maybe Brave Lance

Don't "maybe" Brave Lance. DO have a (forged) Brave Lance ready. The general idea is to have an initial weapon (less powerful but ranged) and an attacking weapon (insanely powerful weapon that the AI will switch to in enemy turn) for each traingle weapon unit.

Morgan (Mother:Cordelia)

Sage

Celica's Gale, Goddess Staff

Pretty solid choice, although I'll say again that Sorceror > Sage.

Severa (Father:Avatar)

Completely Unsure. Hero for more axe? Dark flier for more mage? No idea really. She is likely going to adapt (as well as maybe Henry and Noire) depending on feedback on the team in general.

Hero means no need to spend a skill slot for Iote's Shield. But then, Dark Flier is much more mobile. I'm inclined to using Hero myself.

Chrom

Great Lord

Aether, Rightful King, Aegis, Luna

E.Falchion, Brave Lance

Very solid choice there. You many want to also include a forged Noble Rapier.

Sully

Paladin

Luna, Aegis, Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker

No comment.

Lucina (Mother:Sully)

Swordmaster

Aether, Rightful King, Lethality, Aegis

SolKatti

The use of Myrmidon weapons isn't really recommended, since criticals aren't likely in StreetPass battles between maxed teams.

Tharja

Sorcerer

Pavise, Vengence, Luna, Hit+20

Aversa's Night, Mire

Vengeance with Aversa's Night? Are you sure?

Henry

Warrior

Counter, Pass, Axefaire, Lethality

Armads, Brave Axe/Bow

This one's awesome.

Noire (Father:Henry)

Assassin

Pavise, Counter, Pass(Maybe), Bowfaire(Maybe)

Astra, Brave Sword

Bow + Counter = awesomeness

Therefore, you can consider giving her a bow as an initial equipment.

I commend you for not simply attaching Lethality to everything, as many FE13 newcomers are tempted to do. I said a few times that this will lead to the other team not wanting to fight you at all after failing a few times. While making your team strong will make things challenging, your ultimate goal is to lose since you're an enemy team from their viewpoint.

Now, generally,

- Forged weapons > Regalia (Valflame is still superior in terms of raw output, although you may want to worry about its accuracy)

- Be very careful about items that can only heal partially. This includes the Falchions, Wolt's Bow and other similar weapons. AI will use it when their HP is below half, but partial recovery is really a one-way ticket to deathland - the other team will now face a unit with 30~60 HP that can be taken out easily.

- Consider having one or two rally units. Those +4 boosts are highly valuable in battles between maxed teams.

- Vengeance and Vantage units should not recover health for obvious reasons. They are going to be glass canons. Either that or retool them with other skills.

I do prefer forged weapons, but the +5Mag is very pretty. I personally use a forged Micaiah's Pyre on my Avatar usually.

I didn't think about the partial heal thing. I guess I should do away with that.

IMO Sorceror > Sage

Sage has a higher damage output, but is awful at defense. Go for Sorceror, especially if you expect DLC teams with fight you. Demon Fighters (however much I want to see them banned) will kill Sages mercilessly.

I'll pick Ignis over Astra because Ignis helps better against enemies with high resistance.

I was leaning toward Sorcerer. To be quite honest, the reason for hedging, is that he is a personal character and sage fits better aesthetic-wise haha, but I don't care much so long as he is a magic unit. Is vantage a bad idea with aversa's night? I can see healing and vengence being not so good, but refreshing FROM a vantage hit just to survive back into vantage range sounds great. And yeah, Ignis seems to be the consensus, though I love Astra a lot.

Don't "maybe" Brave Lance. DO have a (forged) Brave Lance ready. The general idea is to have an initial weapon (less powerful but ranged) and an attacking weapon (insanely powerful weapon that the AI will switch to in enemy turn) for each traingle weapon unit.

Makes sense. I am also wondering if a staff would be wise, or a waste of turn.

Pretty solid choice, although I'll say again that Sorceror > Sage.

This one is actually set as such to support. Spectrum rally and goddess staff being the use. Ideally everyone but her will even move one faster to ensure a tiny bit of staying back, but not too much.

Hero means no need to spend a skill slot for Iote's Shield. But then, Dark Flier is much more mobile. I'm inclined to using Hero myself.

I use her as a trickster honestly, but the trickster's stats are kind of pathetic, so I wasn't sure what to do.

Very solid choice there. You many want to also include a forged Noble Rapier.

I may do so, perhaps in place of the falchion, as it is a partial heal.

No comment.

Not sure if that is good or bad :P

The use of Myrmidon weapons isn't really recommended, since criticals aren't likely in StreetPass battles between maxed teams.

Yeah I've been getting that, which is a shame really. I will have to rethink her. Not sure what she will become.

Vengeance with Aversa's Night? Are you sure?

Didn't think of that. I'll decide which to remove, and what for. Hmm...

This one's awesome.

Thanks!

Bow + Counter = awesomeness

Therefore, you can consider giving her a bow as an initial equipment.

Yeah, that was the plan. Have her equip Astra(bow) until close enough to switch to a brave sword.

Thanks for the tons of feedback! Crazy-helpful.

I was leaning toward Sorcerer. To be quite honest, the reason for hedging, is that he is a personal character and sage fits better aesthetic-wise haha, but I don't care much so long as he is a magic unit. Is vantage a bad idea with aversa's night? I can see healing and vengence being not so good, but refreshing FROM a vantage hit just to survive back into vantage range sounds great. And yeah, Ignis seems to be the consensus, though I love Astra a lot.

Yeah, that Sorceror design... I don't like it, especially since it makes FE6 Ray (who along with Lugh are my favourite characters in FE overall) look weird.

Vantage with Aversa's Night. Let me see... well, I suppose it is good if the unit gets attacked without having a chance to fight back in that turn. Vantage will then give a chance for said unit to fight back and recover a bit. Yeah, you're right on this one.

Makes sense. I am also wondering if a staff would be wise, or a waste of turn.

Staff may be good for a maxed Cordlia. Naturally-trained Cordelia will not gain magic easily, even as a sorceror.

This one is actually set as such to support. Spectrum rally and goddess staff being the use. Ideally everyone but her will even move one faster to ensure a tiny bit of staying back, but not too much.

Rally Spectrum will make sure she'll move after the non-Rally units, but it does not necessarily mean staying back. She'll still move towards the player - rallying is more of a secondary goal.

Goddess Staff will make her stay back, since the AI uses the Goodess Staff (and Fortify) on the spot rather than moving to the player first.

I use her as a trickster honestly, but the trickster's stats are kind of pathetic, so I wasn't sure what to do.

Trickster is fine on the player's side. I don't think they'll look good on the enemy side, yeah. Especially when their basic weapon (Levin Sword) have a base Might of 10. So they're basically not powerful enough with both physical and magical swords.

I may do so, perhaps in place of the falchion, as it is a partial heal.

I just looked a bit on whether you can replace Falchion with something else. It turns out that you can't, as a forged Wyrmslayer will always look inferior.

Not sure if that is good or bad :P

Average, I guess? Not particularly good or bad.

I'm actually thinking that maybe you can think about replacing Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker with Astra and maybe Hot Start *checks name chart* Quick Burn as a more universal solution. If I see your Sully as an enemy, I'll just dispatch a Taguel to deal with her, in which case Swordslayer + Lanceslayer + Aegis won't work. Or just a normal axe user if I don't care about effectiveness.

Yeah I've been getting that, which is a shame really. I will have to rethink her. Not sure what she will become.

On the topic of myrmidon weapons, if you're thinking about using Amatsu, remember to switch to Ragnell once you can access that. Amatsu is in every way inferior to Ragnell.

Didn't think of that. I'll decide which to remove, and what for. Hmm...

Keeping Aversa's Night is probably a better idea, since it's the best tome in the game.

That said, if I were you, I'll keep Vengeance if your Avatar will be a Sorceror with Aversa's Night. Just to keep things a bit more varied.

Other dark tomes are too inaccurate to be put to good use though. I'll just switch to an anima tome, like maybe Rexcalibur.

Thanks for the tons of feedback! Crazy-helpful.

No problem!

Yeah, that Sorceror design... I don't like it, especially since it makes FE6 Ray (who along with Lugh are my favourite characters in FE overall) look weird.

Vantage with Aversa's Night. Let me see... well, I suppose it is good if the unit gets attacked without having a chance to fight back in that turn. Vantage will then give a chance for said unit to fight back and recover a bit. Yeah, you're right on this one.

I am disappointed in it. It kinda worked for Tharja, but that is because they were clearly going for T&A with her. It's as if they designed the class off of that and it got awkward.

Staff may be good for a maxed Cordlia. Naturally-trained Cordelia will not gain magic easily, even as a sorceror.

Currently she has none because I want her to get in there and put that lancefaire to use. I guess it depends on AI

Rally Spectrum will make sure she'll move after the non-Rally units, but it does not necessarily mean staying back. She'll still move towards the player - rallying is more of a secondary goal.

Goddess Staff will make her stay back, since the AI uses the Goodess Staff (and Fortify) on the spot rather than moving to the player first.

I mostly meant that if possible everyone else would be a class with a move or two more, or have eaten a pair of boots for that +2 move. That would make her unreachable one turn one of the skirmish and she could goddess the survivors of the first turn assault.

Trickster is fine on the player's side. I don't think they'll look good on the enemy side, yeah. Especially when their basic weapon (Levin Sword) have a base Might of 10. So they're basically not powerful enough with both physical and magical swords.

and thus, my problem. It's a shame, I liuke her as a trickster. Anyway, I'll find something to do with her.

I just looked a bit on whether you can replace Falchion with something else. It turns out that you can't, as a forged Wyrmslayer will always look inferior.

I may just have to eat the loss of wyrmslaying, as a wasted turn on healing 20 would be more crippling.

Average, I guess? Not particularly good or bad.

I'm actually thinking that maybe you can think about replacing Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker with Astra and maybe Hot Start *checks name chart* Quick Burn as a more universal solution. If I see your Sully as an enemy, I'll just dispatch a Taguel to deal with her, in which case Swordslayer + Lanceslayer + Aegis won't work. Or just a normal axe user if I don't care about effectiveness.

I suppose I should give her some attention. Hot start could be excellent given how many turns a streetpass is likely to last.

On the topic of myrmidon weapons, if you're thinking about using Amatsu, remember to switch to Ragnell once you can access that. Amatsu is in every way inferior to Ragnell.

I may just have to rethink her entirely if crits aren't viable. She may be better off as a second great lord.

Keeping Aversa's Night is probably a better idea, since it's the best tome in the game.

That said, if I were you, I'll keep Vengeance if your Avatar will be a Sorceror with Aversa's Night. Just to keep things a bit more varied.

Other dark tomes are too inaccurate to be put to good use though. I'll just switch to an anima tome, like maybe Rexcalibur.

Well I have two Night's to play with, as the event tile's were kind. She might do well with regular tomes though, you are right.

No problem!

Having somebody to bounce ideas off is great. :D

yeah, I kinda laugh at miracle/counter and lethality teams-- though they're strong, they tend to die fairly easy under the proper circumstances. I agree with what's been said tho, the point is to get at least one kill on the opposing player's team. To do this, I've developed several characters that might be able to do this.

Seto;; Swordmaster

weapon: Masamune (+13 mt, +42 crit)

skills: Gamble, Wrath, All stats +2 [swordfaire], Vantage, Luna

He's just your average retrebution character. If the enemy doesn't kill him in one shot, they're doomed with his crit jumping from 76 to 96... the highest crit % I've seen on him was 80%. He luna'd off the same strike and crit for 150+ damage... so much overkill I just laughed at the epicness.

Chrom;; Great Lord

weapon: Falchion +

Niefelheim (1-2 rng, +13 mt, 85 hit)

Sigard (+12 mt, +22 crit, eff: Horses/Armor)

Avalon (x2 attacks, +14 mt, 95 hit)

Skills: Rightful King, Aether, All stats +2, Luna, Charm

your all-arounder. pretty strong no matter what role you've got him in, his normal atk being 64, being able to attack twice on a 63. His ranged attack's a 62, but even that's pretty beefy considering he's a lord. *shrugs*

Cortana;; Sage

Weapon: Light (+18 mt, +22 crit, 1-2 rng)

Judgment (hit/avd +50 vs tomes, +18 mt, +27 crit)

Fortify (restores HP of all allies within a 26 tile burst)

Catharsis (Greatly restores allies HP within 26 tiles)

Skills: All stats +2, Demoiselle, Renewal, Miracle, Healtouch

The party healer-- who kicks the ass of any mage who comes within spitting distance compared to the range of her heal spells. If the computer were smart, it'd leave her at the other end of the map. I'd give her a rescue-- but I dunno if it'd use it to bring back an ally who then proceeds to kill any unit around her, otherwise I would. In the end, she's epic and a necessity on the team if she's played right.

Ghavor;; Swordmaster

Weapon: Masamune (see above stats)

Avalon (see above stats)

Master Sword (hit/avd +50 vs swords, +15 mt, +100 hit)

Godslayer (+15 mt, +95 hit, rng 1-2)

Skills: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lethality, All Skills +2, Swordfaire

My other baby~ Actually i just got him on a streetpass today as a lvl 7 wyvern lord and knew straight away what to do with him. I'm pretty sure the other person expected him to be used as a mage-- but I couldn't hold off on making him into the untouchable. swords and lances are much more accurate than axes, so by giving him lancebreaker and swordbreaker, he finds them hardly a threat at all at touching his speed. Axes are weak vs swords (the only thing he uses) and finds dodging them to be a snap anyway. The only thing, then, is what to do against counter monkeys. Having 36 magic, I gave him Godslayer (a forged levin sword) and watched the magic work~. Swords, in all their entirety, have absolutely no effect on him whatsoever seeing as they have a -100 and he has a +100 when wielding the Master Sword-- this puts assassins to rest. (dunno if having a 0% hit chance similarly reduces the chance of a lethality-- but this character hasn't been lethalitied yet).

Ryne;; Grandmaster

Weapon: Light (see above)

Avalon (see above)

skills: Pavise, Aegis, All skills +2, Ignis, Vengeance

Me. My unit for this run-through. I'd give him Rally Command, but I've seen the computer use commands... stupid. So, I opted out of that and gave him a boost in all his maxed out skills. This unit is more of a tank than anything else. He has a coin-flip chance of 1/2ing any damage done to him and returning it through vengeance. I've actually soloed teams with 230 rating avg with him... though he's currently at 297 rating. A great straight up unit when you aren't one of those counter/miracle or lethality monkey players.

Anyway, that's half my team.

Edited by Raine

^ A small suggestion before I head off to dinner. I run my retribution character as an assassin (better caps in strength and skill), and I use Vengeance over Gamble. I find that my crit chance is high enough anyway, and vengeance has a really high activation rate. When one is below half health (should be at 40, assuming you maxed HP), vengeance has a minimum of 20 added damage. Also, I'm assuming you're using a forged weapon due to the neat name. Just make sure that's a Brave Sword.

Righty, then. That's my two cents. Off to eat chicken.

yeah, I kinda laugh at miracle/counter and lethality teams-- though they're strong, they tend to die fairly easy under the proper circumstances. I agree with what's been said tho, the point is to get at least one kill on the opposing player's team. To do this, I've developed several characters that might be able to do this.

Seto;; Swordmaster

weapon: Masamune (+13 mt, +42 crit)

skills: Gamble, Wrath, All stats +2 [swordfaire], Vantage, Luna

He's just your average retrebution character. If the enemy doesn't kill him in one shot, they're doomed with his crit jumping from 76 to 96... the highest crit % I've seen on him was 80%. He luna'd off the same strike and crit for 150+ damage... so much overkill I just laughed at the epicness.

Chrom;; Great Lord

weapon: Falchion +

Niefelheim (1-2 rng, +13 mt, 85 hit)

Sigard (+12 mt, +22 crit, eff: Horses/Armor)

Avalon (x2 attacks, +14 mt, 95 hit)

Skills: Rightful King, Aether, All stats +2, Luna, Charm

your all-arounder. pretty strong no matter what role you've got him in, his normal atk being 64, being able to attack twice on a 63. His ranged attack's a 62, but even that's pretty beefy considering he's a lord. *shrugs*

Cortana;; Sage

Weapon: Light (+18 mt, +22 crit, 1-2 rng)

Judgment (hit/avd +50 vs tomes, +18 mt, +27 crit)

Fortify (restores HP of all allies within a 26 tile burst)

Catharsis (Greatly restores allies HP within 26 tiles)

Skills: All stats +2, Demoiselle, Renewal, Miracle, Healtouch

The party healer-- who kicks the ass of any mage who comes within spitting distance compared to the range of her heal spells. If the computer were smart, it'd leave her at the other end of the map. I'd give her a rescue-- but I dunno if it'd use it to bring back an ally who then proceeds to kill any unit around her, otherwise I would. In the end, she's epic and a necessity on the team if she's played right.

Ghavor;; Swordmaster

Weapon: Masamune (see above stats)

Avalon (see above stats)

Master Sword (hit/avd +50 vs swords, +15 mt, +100 hit)

Godslayer (+15 mt, +95 hit, rng 1-2)

Skills: Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Lethality, All Skills +2, Swordfaire

My other baby~ Actually i just got him on a streetpass today as a lvl 7 wyvern lord and knew straight away what to do with him. I'm pretty sure the other person expected him to be used as a mage-- but I couldn't hold off on making him into the untouchable. swords and lances are much more accurate than axes, so by giving him lancebreaker and swordbreaker, he finds them hardly a threat at all at touching his speed. Axes are weak vs swords (the only thing he uses) and finds dodging them to be a snap anyway. The only thing, then, is what to do against counter monkeys. Having 36 magic, I gave him Godslayer (a forged levin sword) and watched the magic work~. Swords, in all their entirety, have absolutely no effect on him whatsoever seeing as they have a -100 and he has a +100 when wielding the Master Sword-- this puts assassins to rest. (dunno if having a 0% hit chance similarly reduces the chance of a lethality-- but this character hasn't been lethalitied yet).

Ryne;; Grandmaster

Weapon: Light (see above)

Avalon (see above)

skills: Pavise, Aegis, All skills +2, Ignis, Vengeance

Me. My unit for this run-through. I'd give him Rally Command, but I've seen the computer use commands... stupid. So, I opted out of that and gave him a boost in all his maxed out skills. This unit is more of a tank than anything else. He has a coin-flip chance of 1/2ing any damage done to him and returning it through vengeance. I've actually soloed teams with 230 rating avg with him... though he's currently at 297 rating. A great straight up unit when you aren't one of those counter/miracle or lethality monkey players.

Anyway, that's half my team.

Oh, I just ran into you today!