General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

^Holy shit, that piece must've taken the artist forever to do. o_o

But why do people keep drawing Frederick in a vest?! >_< He doesn't wear one. That brown thing on his shoulder in his art is the strap of his armor. At least I think so. He's a tad scrawny in this pic too, and it's funny how he's the only knight not wearing armor lol. But this is still an amazingly done piece!

SUMIA, YOU BETTER NOT DESTROY THAT BEAUTIFUL CAKE CORDELIA AND SEVERA WORKED SO HARD ON. lol

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree, it's a strap, not a vest. The colour matching the colour of the other parts that are clearly straps implies to me that it is most likely the same thing x3

I like how, of course, you only worry about the proportions of Fred being messed up~ Screw the other characters they can be messed up as much as the artist wants XD

Actually, I thought most of the other characters looked fine. Chrom's a bit off too, but I didn't want to nitpick, so I decided to leave it at Fred...lol.

What honestly I don't like is how Morgan was given blue hair while all the other kids had their default hair colors to keep things anonymous. I mean, the Avatar was kept anonymous, why couldn't Morgan be as well instead of forced as Chrom's son? And why weren't BOTH Morgans there? xP

Actually, I thought most of the other characters looked fine. Chrom's a bit off too, but I didn't want to nitpick, so I decided to leave it at Fred...lol.

Totally not bias at all~ Or that you spent 90% of the time looking at him~

Or perhaps that's just Kellam's luck ^~^

I can't say much about the rest of the characters since I haven't played the game at all, so I don't know the characters too well. But I can see how you at least didn't want to nitpick too much x3

Oh yeah, Kellam's way off too. I had forgotten to mention that...haha. And Severa's pigtails are too short. But other than that and what I said earlier, this pic is great. Love Stahl using Chrom's Falchion as a royal fruit cutter too...lol. And Virion having made Frederick a Freddy statue. I think I like him more just for that! You know awesomeness when you see it, Virion. ^^

Yay, male with brown hair. :D

Also:

chapter11c_by_keiiii-d61wfwr.jpg

frederick_x_robin_by_bluewolfkunoichi-d6

<3<3<3

But gods, I wish people would quit drawing Frederick wearing a vest. He. Does. Not. Wear. One. xP

But gods, I wish people would quit drawing Frederick wearing a vest. He. Does. Not. Wear. One. xP

But I think he looks great in a vest~ Don't you? If I were in your shoes, I would quit being nitpicky and just go with it~ It doesn't matter if he wears one or not, people can have him wear one if they want to! Sure they think he's wearing a vest, but as an artist, shouldn't you be allowed to draw whatever anyway? Does that break some code of life I'm not aware of? XD

Edited by Freohr Datia

But I think he looks great in a vest~ Don't you? If I were in your shoes, I would quit being nitpicky and just go with it~ It doesn't matter if he wears one or not, people can have him wear one if they want to! Sure they think he's wearing a vest, but as an artist, shouldn't you be allowed to draw whatever anyway? Does that break some code of life I'm not aware of? XD

Actually, no, I don't. xP Not only do I think he looks less hot in one, I think it makes him look too much like he should be in a western movie instead of a medieval game. I've never been a fan of vests anyway though. I guess this is another reason why people drawing Frederick in one irks me. But you're right, you're right. Still, I can't help that it grinds my gears...

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, no, I don't. xP Not only do I think he looks less hot in one, I think it makes him look too much like he should be in a western movie instead of a medieval game. I've never been a fan of vests anyway though. I guess this is another reason why people drawing Frederick in one irks me. But you're right, you're right. Still, I can't help that it grinds my gears...

Meanwhile to me a few of the outfits in that game don't look appropriate for their setting XD

Aww, well in my eyes a vest kinda seems like something a gentleman would wear! Idk how Fred is but I always got that impression from him just by appearance x3 But I guess we do have different views on vests~

And yeah I can understand how you're more picky about him x3

Meanwhile to me a few of the outfits in that game don't look appropriate for their setting XD

Aww, well in my eyes a vest kinda seems like something a gentleman would wear! Idk how Fred is but I always got that impression from him just by appearance x3 But I guess we do have different views on vests~

And yeah I can understand how you're more picky about him x3

Yeah, that's true. And yeah, there are a couple outfits in Awakening that don't seem all that fitting for the setting. Nowi's comes to mind, even though it is cute.

And yes, I'm a little picky about Freddy Bear cause I love him so much. Can't help that either. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, that Morgan is fathered by Stahl (though I didn't mention it when I posted the pic). I'd expect a Frederick-fathered Morgan to have hair closer to brown than that. Sorry.

Actually, that Morgan is fathered by Stahl (though I didn't mention it when I posted the pic). I'd expect a Frederick-fathered Morgan to have hair closer to brown than that. Sorry.

That's odd. That Morgan's hair clearly looks brown to me. I would have expected a Stahl-fathered Morgan to have a hair color closer to green than that. Also, you don't have to be so blunt about it. You really upset me. :(

Also:

chapter11c_by_keiiii-d61wfwr.jpg

frederick_x_robin_by_bluewolfkunoichi-d6

<3<3<3

YOU KNOW WHAT

I'm gonna pair Chrom and Olivia and have Lon'qu take care of Gangrel just because of that image on my next playthrough.

I'm going to replicate it exact.