Kinda disappointed with the legendary items.

Sinned

haven't beaten this yet (laziness etc.) but don't they give stat bonuses? it'd be kind of weird if you could forge them, IMO, and they should have value in that they don't require forging (read: tons of money) to be good and give stat bonuses. :|

Some of them are more useful than forged counterparts.

The Helswath still has more MT than a Tomohawk after forging and gives a Defense bonus, although it will have less Hit if the Tomohawk is forged to have more Hit.

Ragnell is the only physical ranged sword that all sword classes can use, also gives a Defense boost.

Gradivus outclasses the Spear in just about every way and can also be used as an Elixir.

Valflame's 21 might is better than any Tome you can Forge, and the Book of Naga gives Defense Boosts you can't get from any other tome.

Yewfelle's speed boost is nice, and Double Bow's 3 range could be useful in certain situations.

In most cases I'll agree that Forges end up being a bit better (especially with Braves). Gradivus and Ragnell are probably the best of the bunch, since Brave Weapons only give you 1-range. There might be a few others that I missed.

Ragnell is useful since it's the only ranged Sword for all Sword wielders to use that doesn't build off of magic like Levin Sword or is exclusive to Myrmidons and Swordmasters like Amatsu.

Astra can be useful on Virion since he can't learn any other attacking skills.

You can do some hijinks with double bow/ragnell/Valflame to be fair.

I think that while brave weapons generally are extremely strong, some of the legendary weapons have their own benefit that is hard to measure. Like Valflame having a free Tomefaire with decent enough damage output anyway (16 mt)

They could have done a better job with stat bonuses on the weapons, but to be honest I think having them be around the same strength+extra skills compared to forged weapons is fair.

Which is why forged Brave weapons and Celica's Gales usually beat the crap out of them, especially when taking on the Final DLC.

^this

Although some of them are situational like Helswath and Ragnell are useful for Soltanking with Heros and Swordmasters respectively. Double bows seem like they'll come in handy since it is basically a 18 mt longbow. I don't really know anyone that uses Snipers (or any bowusing class besides Assassin) in their postgame team though.

Edited by Walhart

Longbows are good for taking down 1-2 units with Lethality (not good against other Snipers with Lethality, of course, and if said Snipers have Counter too, then it's going to be fun).

Legendary weapons are generally powerful, but inaccurate. Forged hero weapons (Seliph's Blade, Sigurd's Lance, Titania's Axe, Innes's Bow, Micaiah's Pyre) are generally more preferrable if accuracy is your concern (and accuracy does matter a lot when preparing your StreetPass teams).

Edited by nocturnal YL

Personally, I think Legendary weapons are fine, it's just that Forges/Brave weapons are broken. Forging normal weapons is fine in my opinion. If a maxforge silver weapon has 2-3 more might than a legendary weapon with a stat bump it becomes a flavor choice. Brave weapons though, basically double your ATK(as well as their defense). Brave weapons would still be the weapon of choice for streetpass teams if they had 0 might and couldn't be forged. Instead they have 10ish might and can be forged(or in celica's gale instance, have much lower might but 1-2 range AND flyer damage bonus). You can't really make an equal to brave weaponsunless you A)Make Legendary weapons have FE4 type stats or B)have brave weapons only able to attack twice.

I'm liking Ragnell a lot now. It does wonders for me since forged Levin Sword is so hard to train on low MAG chars. Ragnell on Avatar is comparable to forged Levin though.

I'm liking Ragnell a lot now. It does wonders for me since forged Levin Sword is so hard to train on low MAG chars. Ragnell on Avatar is comparable to forged Levin though.

It's great on Swordmasters, but I find that Helswath is even better on Heroes.

Parthia is pretty good... you can forge silver some of those stats but not all at once...(the bow for that enemy has crazy avoid...) Gradivus, Haunteclure(you can't forge a weapon to have all the stats at once but this is a toss up w/ hectors axe forged), Ragnell, Naga,Valflame,Double bow, helswath are all good options...

also Brave weapons have always been limited until awakening thus you tried to ration ther limited uses which they burned very quickly... then awakening came along and lett you buy them... Which was an insane idea... and then they let us Forge them.... ----> UBER DEATH WEAPONS

Bolt axe despite being avalible here can be bought from a spotpass team and forged so it isn't counted here...

What do you guys think is the worst legendary?

I'm going with Mercurius...

I'm assuming the Sol Katti is replaceable as well? If so, that really sucks. I made a set for Inigo designed to make the Swordmaster class not only great but better than its Assassin counterpart, and if the massive 50 crit isn't that useful for Sol crit spamming then idk what to do with my Inigo.

I wouldn't count Missletainn as a legendary weapon. I'd probably go with Mercurius as well. Sucks that Gradivus and Hauteclere have a built-in Elixir function yet Mercurius doesn't.

This. It sucks that they screwed up the Swords in this game.

I think the legendary weapons are pretty cool. I mean, barring forges and brave weapons they are the strongest weapons in the game, and honestly it wold be ridiculous if the Jugdral Holy weapons had the same stats as they did in FE4.

Edited by Zelos

I think the legendary weapons are pretty cool. I mean, barring forges and brave weapons they are the strongest weapons in the game, and honestly it wold be ridiculous if the Jugdral Holy weapons had the same stats as they did in FE4.

grab Book of Naga for everyone, ride the 30 mt and +20 skl/spd/def/res train!

Aversa's Night, what's that Kappa.png

If you don't want to read spoilers, DON'T READ the EDIT section.

Sol Katti is replacable by a forged Killing Edge. 13 Mt, about even to hit, and a 42 crit bonus. That's 5 extra damage (15 when you crit), and only 8% less chance of critting. All in all, if you really get to a point where 8% makes a difference that character isn't worth the effort of trying to crit anyway. I play a crit-monkey swordmaster and he typically has a coin-flip chance of critting when all his buffs are active-- up to an 84% crit chance. The damage you typically get off him is pretty average, but critting typically one-shots most classes-- and one shots all classes when Luna procs too.

The only real viable weapons are those that give you: Res, Def, Atk, or Mag.

Ragnell, Tyrfing, Gungnir, Hauteclere (full-heal ftw), Helswath, Double Bow (only archer class fml), Valflame, Book of Naga (+5 def/res? me likey), and Goddess Staff (insti-heals entire team anywhere when you put it on a sage)

If you don't see your favorite weapon from regalia on here, it's crap. "but I know one that--" no. it's crap.

Brave weapons are good, but they aren't 'broken' unless you have lethality... putting rightful king on it as well just makes it stupid and using a brave weapon makes me clean out their shop and flip-'em off. In the end, even at max power, they still don't have that high of an attack sitting at around 15. Unfortunately, my experience is that they consistantly do-- 10-20 damage against maxed units? Sure, they attack 4 times, but I don't want to ACTUALLY go through 4 uses to one-turn an enemy. The only viable way to make it worthwhile is to put it on a guy with Aggresser (and soon limit breaker) to actually boost up the damage to a worthwhile amount. Yeah, I know, pair it with Astra, pair it with Ignis, pair it with whatever. I thought about it, but I'd rather have consistant damage that doesn't rely on something procing no matter how likely it is to proc unless it's garunteed to kill an enemy.

btw, astra sucks unless you pair it with a caster. Tomes are the only thing I'd ever use with astra ONLY because 1-- if you're up against an enemy with a high def the damage is non-existant... if you proc it vs a counter-monkey you're basically killing yourself in the process. If you proc astra with a caster, you're not only 2 squares away, but you're typically doing more like 20-30 damage each hit rather than 10-20.

EDIT:

btw, for all those who still believe the Missiletainn with the 'Owain Only' is actually the Missiletainn of legends. It isn't. Owain's the only one who'd be able to use it because no one else would even touch it. The weapon sucks and is only a replacement for a steel sword. I ended up forging it into a sub-par killing edge. Does 9 more damage on a crit, but 8% less chance to invoke it. The REAL blade is called: Mystletainn skill +5 (rank A, Mt 14, Hit 85, Crit 15). I still wouldn't touch it, but only because there are better weapons, not because it's useless.

Edited by Raine