This game's endings are really sadder/darker than usual

Sure Marth becomes ruler of the world and Shiida gets happily married, while Wolf is suicidal, Est leaves Abel who also leaves to find her, Arran simply dies, and Nyna takes the biggest shit looking for Camus who's in another continent with another girl. Is this the effect of having ineffectual support conversations?

biggest shit?

-catria and palla ended up unrequited

-tiki lose marth as time goes on

-Chris/MU ended up unnoticed by history (since he want it tho)

-katarina lost her "family"

nuff said :P

Well, at least the sad endings break up the monotony of "Character X returned home and did something helpful."

-catria and palla ended up unrequited

They really need to get over Marth and Abel. C'mon ladies, Cain and Frey are still available.

The wolfguard takes Hardin's death pretty hard, especially poor Wolf who goes off on suicide missions for the rest of his life.

Edited by Jedi

The wolfguard takes Hardin's death pretty hard, especially poor Wolf who goes off on suicide missions for the rest of his life.

Most of them took it pretty hard, although Biraku seems to take it the best of the four. Roshe even vanishes... much like half the cast.

Most of them took it pretty hard, although Biraku seems to take it the best of the four. Roshe even vanishes... much like half the cast.

I kinda forget what Sedgar does. But yea poor Roshe too. NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN

Sedgar: Turns grief into hard work by keeping the Wolfguard together.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned LUKE'S ending. That one came out of nowhere!

I actually seem to remember a fair amount of endings in other games where the endings had that "and then one day they left, never to return" where I wouldn't have expected it (in particular, I seem to remember some of Priscilla's paired endings being real feel busters), but the wolfguard and some other dudes did get it pretty rough, yeah.

Considering the game's story is pretty dark[thank gharnef for this] it's not strange that the endings are also

sad and the fact that there are no paired endings does not help this a lot. It is not neccesarily a bad thing

because a good story must not be one sided[it's not a child's fairytale after all] to be complete. It should

have both the happy and sad part in a good balance and most FEs have some sad/dark endings

it's just this one has more than usual.[it still does not beat fe4's generation 1 ending]

Not quite? She stayed a gold digger, like she always was.

Huh? I don't remember it being stated or heavily implied that it was anything like that. From her base convos, it seemed that she really fell for him. And her ending says that she disappears without a trace, and was feared by others that she might have become a delinquent.

• 4 weeks later...

Sure they are. I felt like FE12's (and 11's, for that matter) suddenly shit endings just kind of came out of nowhere.

I feel some of them were out of nowhere, such as Est going away (nothing like that was implied in any supports) and I can't tell if it's a FE2 reference or not.

Arran dying was foreshadowed in supports as he was terminally ill and determined to win this war before dying.

Luke's thing was basically while a knight, he was doing so on his terms (hence a playboy leaning).

I do wish some of these were forshadowed better.