So how many 100% canon pairs are there in the series?

simmeh

...how does dying suddenly mean a not-canon pairing? It was a canon pairing until she died...

anyways, FeenaxNavarre if it hasnt been mentioned yet. The ending for both of them heavily implies a pairing.

"Navarre disappeared like the wind"

"Feena vanished with the wind"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no 100% canon Tellius pairings except for GreilxElena and LargoxCallil, so any besides these two should be removed from the list. Every pairable character also has an ending where they are not paired. And in the case of IkexSoren/Ranulf, Ike has a descendant, so he may have married a woman.

Doesn't stop Ike from ending with Soren/Ranulf (as a non-romantic pair, of course), but yes, they aren't canon.

Well, to be fair, that isn't an isolated case. Duma's Remains renamed to Demon's Ingle anyone?

At any rate, in a game filled with references to the past games, it's too much of a coincidence to not be the real deal. Notice the song mentions things like the White Heron Princess loosing her home due to being burnt down, and reuniting with the Raven Prince on a Heron Forest.

This also makes me think Naesala x Leanne is canon. It's not the Prince part that matters, but the Raven part, that associates itself with Naesala. It implies it's the son of a raven and a heron. The only ones who fit are Naesala and Leanne.

Edited by Rapier

Harken x Isadora
Harken and Isadora are engaged, and the only reason they're potentially able to pair with others and marry is that prior to Harken getting recruited into the party (which doesn't even happen all the time), he was missing and presumed dead. I don't know whether it's canon, but it would be if you make two pretty safe assumptions:

(1) That Harken actually shows up in FE7 and joins the party (this seems more canon to me than Karel joining; FE7 Karel was more of a prequel-cameo of himself in FE6, if that makes sense, where Harken doesn't appear anywhere else in the franchise); and

(2) That a relationship is "canon" if it's the "default" (i.e. no-Supports) way a relationship plays out. Obviously there are very few canon relationships in the GBA games, because short of hardcoded pairings (Pent/Louise), each character has multiple support options and, in some cases, multiple potential relationships. But those require the player to take some specific discretionary action to make them come about. That's different from the default, this-is-what-happens-if-you-don't-actively-change-it resolution. That resolution is Harken x Isadora.

It's not as ironclad as Pent x Louise, which is hardcoded from the start, but it's the next step down, so I'd count it.

EDIT: If Matthew x Leila is canon then Harken x Isadora should be as well, and vice versa. It's essentially the same idea, with the twist that one part of the pairing doesn't die.

Edited by PresidentEden

Beowulf x Raquesis x Finn

Was this ever confirmed? It's been speculated that Beowulf is the father of Delmud and Finn is the father of Nanna but it's never been 100% confirmed, correct?

all pairings are canon if they have a legit paired ending.[/thread]

The fact that many characters get more than one paired ending, however, prevents most pairs from truly being 100% canon. Which is what the OP is looking for.

The fact that many characters get more than one paired ending, however, prevents most pairs from truly being 100% canon. Which is what the OP is looking for.

This and the fact that many also get endings where they are not paired or where they have some special friendship thing with a character of the same gender (like Ike and Ranulf or Lyn and Florina).

Edited by Anacybele

i wasn't aware canon came in percentages.

any officially recognized pairing in the game is "canon", as these pairings are explicitly stated to happen within the plot of the game. granted, these pairings are obviously mutually exclusive or maybe not, but they are still officially recognized by the game creators, therefore they are "canon".

we can argue all day long about which one we believe makes the most logical sense, but ultimately they are all correct, 100% "canon".

Don't forget Rebecca x husband and Nino x husband is also canon. And if we're going to count one-sided stuff, Marcus x Eleanora.

The bit about unpaired endings causing the paired endings to not be canon is kind of eh. Like, in FE7, Eliwood and Hector can both be unpaired, but they still get married, so idk.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Noah x Fir yet. Not canon, but it deserves an honourable mention for being one of the only supports with a direct admission of love, which is something.

Was this ever confirmed? It's been speculated that Beowulf is the father of Delmud and Finn is the father of Nanna but it's never been 100% confirmed, correct?

I'm not sure if it was actually confirmed, but I got a general vibe from the community that this was due to stuff in FE5 (which I haven't finished). Maybe I should have stuck it in the 'for discussion' section?

i wasn't aware canon came in percentages.

any officially recognized pairing in the game is "canon", as these pairings are explicitly stated to happen within the plot of the game. granted, these pairings are obviously mutually exclusive or maybe not, but they are still officially recognized by the game creators, therefore they are "canon".

we can argue all day long about which one we believe makes the most logical sense, but ultimately they are all correct, 100% "canon".

Um.

I think you're missing what I'm going for. I understand what you're saying, that any pairing is valid within the context of the game, but I'm looking more for pairings that were confirmed by other means (e.g. Lewyn x Fury is made officially canon by the fact that Ced has Forseti in FE5) or don't have any other options outside of killing one of the characters (e.g. Marth never marries anyone but Caeda). I'm actually trying to avoid speculation, even if it's speculating on something heavily implied like Roy x Lilina. The fact that I found someone speculating and making assumptions is what caused me to make this topic to begin with, out of curiousity about how many times throughout the series that IS explicitly said that two characters are together, despite other options.

Finn is intended to be Nanna's caretaker, probably nothing more, as it was stated on FE5's official website, during some time, that Beowulf is her true father (and Felgus's). Calling FinnxLachesis official is huge extrapolation on why Nanna can't use the Beosword while Delmud and Felgus can (the fact that Finn and Nanna are regarded as father and daughter is offset by the fact that, in the same vein, Eyvel and Mareeta are equally regarded as mother and daughter)

Edited by Sartek

• 3 years later...