Fire Emblem 7 - Perfect Edition

edza90

19/03/2013 Update

IPS patch

Elibe 0.30

Premise:

You can play Eliwood normal and hard mode to get vanilla FE with just better characters overall but not the Lunatic-.like crazyness.

(Let me know what you think about it)

1) Golden rule: when a class/character excell in soemthing, it has backdraws somewhere else

2) The three ultimate weapons for hector, eliwood and lyn are there but are disabled to be used because... they make the final chapter too easy.

KNOWN ISSUES:

1) If you reload chapter 25/26, Geitz will appear one more time in your character sheet menu for everytime you load.

2) If you level up a character up to 10 in Lyn mode, he will potentially be capable to reach level 20 in HHM/EHM

What this patch does

0) Balance the game to make it less of an hassle (it's the vanilla game with more difficult situations)

0-1) Archers have much better stats to compensate the 2-range only

0-2) No more need to savestate-abuse to get a proper character - the result can vary but it's always proper

0-3) Some characters now have bad luck to compensate their better overall stats or to make them more fit to an archetype

0-4) Lyn Mode characters get malus to stats if Lyn Mode is not played

0-5) Supports are all +4 when character start to grind for them

1) The story is the same

2) Max Level for EVERYBODY is 10 minus FEW SPECIAL characters so you can level them up up to 20 for maximum potential

3) Bases stats are now much better in general

4) Growhts are altered to fit

5) PROMOTION BONUSES to fit in (you'll understand...)

6) Few more characters now ARE PREPROMOTED

8) Bartre is Othin archtype, Dorcas is Halvan archtype (first is fast/precise, second is sturdier and more balanced)

10) There is an ester egg in chapter 27/29 (Linus/Loid chapter)

11) EXP gain is much much slower (in Hard Modes, but archers get the same cause they are 2 range locked)

12) Characters fit archtypes much better (Dart is the Glass Cannon Berserker/Hawkey is balanced and so on)

13) Vulnerary gives 15 HP back when used

14) Critical for SM and Berserker is 30

0x)Afa drops bonus: +10

0x-1) Terrains are like Thracia 776

1x) Giving brave weapon strenght stat boosts +5

2x) Rapier, Mani Katti and Wolfbeil have +5 in strenght (second one), resistance (first one) and defense (third one)

3x) Giviing the final boss dragon capped stats minus speed and luck but making those slighly higher to be doubled only by fasted dude and +4 greens to all other stats

6x) Serra and Erk having better starting bases

6xx) Erk is fucking fast (level 1/4 depending if you play Lyn Mode or not with 16 speed... but 1 luck with 5% growht)

7x) Having chapter requirements balanced in turn cunts and exp gainin

8x) Lowen has +10% in atk and speed

9x) Some special weapons give stat bonuses

10x) Linus map has no more fog of war

11) Marcus 100% speed grotwth and 6 luck, so he can be a good oyfaye in the long run but is risky to use lategame cause he has terribad luck

12) Karel have 8 luck but better overall stats so he compensate the loss of growth levels

14) Lyn Hard mode bosses are POWERFUL (somewhat)

15) Support power in general is STRONGER (fire C gives 5 critical and 1 atk)

THE NEW

0) 7) Characters have been retooled even more

1) Lyn Mode enemies STRONGER and very few of them are promoted already, likewise for Hector Hard Mode up to Chapter 19 - this included

1-2) Lyn Mode enemy armies get better-gimmicky weaponry (HHM too)

2) Hectror Hard Mode is the one you should choose to play cause I'm working on that

3) Shops sells poison weapon for free (but they have a gimmick) and some shops are given special tome/staffs for selling later in the game

4) Geitz it's available as a pre-promo warrior with solid stats in chapter 26

5) +1 move to armors

THE NEWEST (THRACIA 776 Like)

1) Raven will escape since Turn 2 of chapter 17! You'll have to rush and hope in the RNG this sole time if you want to THE BEST pre-prepromo unit for over half the game!

2) There are minibosses scattered around that WILL fuck you UP if YOU don't know how to deal with them. (Example: Warrior with 23 atk (total) + brave axe that protect the treasure room in chapter 17 with a 30 atk Druid with Nosferatu equipped as support that will have you tamed)

Geitz Stats - he doesn't receive hard mode bonuses, cause he is very good the way he comes (he is a mixture of bartre and dorcas)

HP: 41

Strenght: 18

Skill: 16

Speed: 16

Luck: 10

Def: 12

Res: 5

Raven Stats (Pre-Promo Hero), NOW the HARDEST CHARACTER to recruit in EVERY Fire Emblem game if YOU want to go for Ranked or LTC gameplay or just want the guy

Stats:

HP: 31 (debuffed from 33)

Strenght: 12

Skill: 19

Speed: 18 (debuffed from 21)

Luck: 9 (buffed from 2)

Def: 10 (buffed from 7)

Res: 7

1) Some enemies in maps (mostly the ones with fewer enemies and reinforcements, like the starting ones) get Silver Weapons and STATS BOOSTING weapons (Hero weapons).

2) Some mini-bosses prepromos (1/2/3 per maps, depending on the map dimension and other factors)

3) Bosses get stats boosting weapons as well (hero weapons)

4) A.I. is changed so it's harder to fight enemies

5) Physics and Bolting Mages/Sages here and there to make the map more challenging (1/2 per map in relation of the map size)

What to do

0) Make Batta beatable in LNM for people that WANT to play that (but he is going to be unbuffed even in LNM)

1) Finish HHM and EHM to fit everything

1-1) Make more prepromo units as reinforcements so you have to be fast

2) Make it even more funny than it is now

What to do (again):

1) Making all chapters having diverse Ranking values

2) Maybe give luck to Morph Bosses?

3) Giving enemies even more variegated armamentary

4) Changin' music themes here and there for more variety

What I'm not capable of doing:

1)Adding chapters to improve the story

2) Improving supports conversations

PS: Once it's finished, you can take it and edit better.

Edited by edza90

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat hack, although you kinda made the first chapter of HHM a complete joke. (lol)

Did you also lower the turns needed to support with another unit? Because Matthew and Hector gained C-level really quickly.

Neat hack, although you kinda made the first chapter of HHM a complete joke. (lol)

Did you also lower the turns needed to support with another unit? Because Matthew and Hector gained C-level really quickly.

I just need some more suggestions to balance the starting chapters better if that is necessary but actually I like the fact that it starts easy and then the difficulty stays at HHM levels. Yes supports now are ALL faster, and by that I mean all of them gains +4 but the starting level should be the same of vanilla. I'm going to post the second version of the patch when you tell me more about it.

Edited by edza90

anyway to download it without having to install a downloader or whatever the download site is telling me to install because I hate those.

You're hitting the wrong button

2hyJM.png

hit the bottom download button, that will work

I just need some more suggestions to balance the starting chapters better if that is necessary but actually I like the fact that it starts easy and then the difficulty stays at HHM levels. Yes supports now are ALL faster, and by that I mean all of them gains +4 but the starting level should be the same of vanilla. I'm going to post the second version of the patch when you tell me more about it.

I just got through the first chapter of HHM. It's been pretty fun so far, I think.

I'll give you some actual feedback once I get through a solid ten chapters or something. That way I get a really good feel for the hack and can give better suggestions and all that good stuff~

Edited by Esme

Seems interesting enough, despite just being a reworking of the original game it seems like a good amount of thought/effort has put in. Would you mind if I put this on the FEShrine's patch directory/mainsite later?

Seems interesting enough, despite just being a reworking of the original game it seems like a good amount of thought/effort has put in. Would you mind if I put this on the FEShrine's patch directory/mainsite later?

There are some issues to corrrect. Mainly, I'd like to change how Wallace work: if you play Lyn Mode he is a general, if you don't play it, he is a warrior, so you can have Geitz/Wallace choise in a way, plus I'd like to improve few elements here and there as well (make characters more unique and things like that). plus I'd wait for feedback, so we can have the true Fire Emblem that relies not on RNG abuse to get good characters.

Did you buff Lowens growths for HHM?

I gave him better HP and Defense - now he can be the tanky one, but for the rest, he is the same than before. He has C in both lance and sword.

Maybe I'll give him better base luck so he can avoid better.

Edited by edza90

I've added patch 0.95

This is the changelog

What this patch does

0) Balance the game to make it less of an hassle (it's the vanilla game)

0-1) Archers have much better stats to compensate the 2-range only

0-2) No more need to savestate-abuse to get a proper character

0-3) Some characters now have bad luck to compensate their better overall stats

0-4) Lyn Mode characters get malus to stats if Lyn Mode is not played

1) The story is the same

2) Max Level for EVERYBODY is 10 minus FEW SPECIAL characters so you can level them up up to 20 for maximum potential

3) Bases stats are now much better in general

4) Growhts are altered to fit

5) PROMOTION BONUSES to fit in (you'll understand...)

6) Some characters now ARE PREPROMOTED

7) You can't obtain Geitz because of the damn level cap but I've some plans for that

8) Bartre is a mercenary now

9) Everybody is usable now and the ones that looks a little shitty are that way because they have gimmicks

10) There is an ester egg in chapter 27/29 (Linus/Loid chapter)

11) EXP gain is much slower (in Hard Modes)

12) Characters fit archtypes much better

13) There is no need to savestate abuse for getting good stats

14) Vulnerary gives twenty HP back when used

15) Critical for SM and Berserker is 30

The new

0) Afa drops bonus: +10

0-1) Terrains are like Thracia 776

1) Giving brave weapon speed stat boosts +5

2) Rapier, Mani Katti and Wolfbeil have +5 in strenght (first two) and defense (third one)

3) Giviing the final boss dragon capped stats minus speed and luck but making those slighly higher to be doubled only by fasted dude and +4 greens to all other stats

6) Serra and Erk having better starting bases

7) Having chapter requirements balanced in turn cunts and exp gainin (just some of them)

8) Lowen has +10% in atk and speed

9) Some weapons give stat bonuses

10) Linus map has no more fog of war

Edited by edza90

I'd prefer to have Rapier be +5 res, and Mani Katti +5 strength or vice versa to keep each unique to themself, but that''s just me.

I'll buy that for a dollar. Some more changes you'd like to have for the perfect vanilla FE7?

Better enemies in Lyn mode maybe?

Enemies with luck?

2-3 range bows/longbows more available and more commonly used by enemies?

That would be interesting I just hope that won't make this game Thracia 776 withouth skills but I think there is a chapter that can become the "Long bows" feast

Anybody has more detailed feedbacks, list a list of wished changes (about the current patch)

Edited by edza90

What are generic enemies like in later chapters? Are they similar to vanilla, or do they get significant buffs?

I'd prefer leaving them the same but giving some of them better equipment for more challenge: this patch is just something that balance out your characters to avoid you the grinding chore and give the game a more natural flowing. I've decided to change some bosses here and there to make there more threatening - like Zagan (chapter 12 H/E boss) behing a warrior with

38 HP

14-15 strenght

9 skill

9 speed

0 luck

9 defense

5 resistance

Long Bow

Iron Axe

This in normal mode

Plus now the difficulty is higher because of higher terrain bonuses that your enemies can use to their advantage

Edited by edza90

I haven't played this, but from a conceptual standpoint, it confuses me.

less hassle with the RNG
1) Marcus 100% speed grotwth but just 2 luck, so he can be a good oyfaye in the long run but is risky to use lategame cause he has terribad luck

2) Karel have 8 luck but better overall stats so he compensate the loss of growth levels

3) Erk is the fastest mage and it's much sturdier than his colleagues but has 1 luck and only 10% growth on it

"Less hassle with the RNG", yet you're making certain characters super crit-magnets? Those don't seem to support each other.

I haven't played this, but from a conceptual standpoint, it confuses me."Less hassle with the RNG", yet you're making certain characters super crit-magnets? Those don't seem to support each other.

If you use Erk, he starts with 26 hp and 12 speed and somewhat good defense for a mage, the rest is somewhat bleh, and once he promotes he gets +5 to almost anything. You have such a dude and you want it broken? He HAS to get a weakness. I've used him a lot and he really has no trouble with criticals because of low enemy it's rates - he is fast dude plus he has lots of hp for being a mage!

Marcus is an ofaye so he has to be risky to use lategame but with 20 speed garanteed he can be dodgey at least and keep himself at work.

Karel is damn fast and will dodge well so with 26 speed.

Harken I gave him 4 luck but he has marcus support so...

Yet nobody tells me about the hack itself and if they played it :(

Edited by edza90

I don't care about the fact that he gets unbroken, I care ore about HOW he gets unbroken. High speed and low luck makes a unit very prone to RNG screwage, it should seem.

Nothing against the way you balanced things--moreso the little advertising about "You won't complain about the RNG this time", which I don't see as being likely to happen. But again, I haven't played it so I don't exactly know.

I don't care about the fact that he gets unbroken, I care ore about HOW he gets unbroken. High speed and low luck makes a unit very prone to RNG screwage, it should seem.

Nothing against the way you balanced things--moreso the little advertising about "You won't complain about the RNG this time", which I don't see as being likely to happen. But again, I haven't played it so I don't exactly know.

I garantee you erk is much better than what you would think. Once he promotes, he is the best sage for a long time, minus for the terribad luck - consider that he comes very soon, it's very fast and attack both 1 and 2 range... he needs to be balanced somehow. Furtermore, what does HE COMES with in post-lyn mode as a booster?

Edited by edza90

low luk never prevents players from using a good character; it only makes them more angry when they have to reset

i'm not saying that you should avoid having units with below average luck by any means, but it should not really be utilized as an attempt at balance because players are not going to see it that way.