Fire Emblem 7 - Perfect Edition

edza90

low luk never prevents players from using a good character; it only makes them more angry when they have to reset

i'm not saying that you should avoid having units with below average luck by any means, but it should not really be utilized as an attempt at balance because players are not going to see it that way.

There are the Luck Charms you can use to raise his base luck up to 7.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could buff Kents speed growth to counter Sains strength. And Lowen could use a +5-10% increase in his str and/or speed growths.

Oh and Make Dorcas a strong tanky axeman and Bartre the Orsin type?[Fast and stronk?]

Armours could have+1 move added and Wallace could come back earlier on.

Rath's base level raised to 10, along with Heath.

Edited by Inspector Clouseau

You could buff Kents speed growth to counter Sains strength. And Lowen could use a +5-10% increase in his str and/or speed growths.

Oh and Make Dorcas a strong tanky axeman and Bartre the Orsin type?[Fast and stronk?]

Armours could have+1 move added and Wallace could come back earlier on.

Wallace is going to have some nice surprises for the time he comes back

Suggestions, eh?

01. Kill the tutorials on Lyn Easy Mode would be the first thing to do. And there's already patches that do it, so it should be easy.

02. Also maybe add new chapters, expanding Lyn's mode. Maybe make the Siege on Caelin longer.(Fight on the outside in The Distant Plains, then Lundgren retreats into the castle and you storm it.)

03. Make Eagler recruitable(he is defeated, and in the following cutscene, tells about Lundgren threatening his family, and trigger a side quest to rescue the person, and he joins during.)

04. Add the Hector-exclusive chapters to Eliwood's mode(Farina!).

05. Make the Prf weapons(Mani Katti, Rapier, Wolf Beil) have infinite use. Always annoying when they break.

The problem is not erk having 1 luck. The thing is you said this: "less hassle with the RNG", but then you give everybody crapy luck which makes RNG more of an hassle. It's just that, a problem with the way you worded things

Suggestions, eh?

01. Kill the tutorials on Lyn Easy Mode would be the first thing to do. And there's already patches that do it, so it should be easy.

02. Also maybe add new chapters, expanding Lyn's mode. Maybe make the Siege on Caelin longer.(Fight on the outside in The Distant Plains, then Lundgren retreats into the castle and you storm it.)

03. Make Eagler recruitable(he is defeated, and in the following cutscene, tells about Lundgren threatening his family, and trigger a side quest to rescue the person, and he joins during.)

04. Add the Hector-exclusive chapters to Eliwood's mode(Farina!).

05. Make the Prf weapons(Mani Katti, Rapier, Wolf Beil) have infinite use. Always annoying when they break.

Sorry I don't know how to use the tools to do that :(

But the story expansion would be very sweet

I can only try to make the game more interesting with diverse arrangements (like an early boss with 12+5 atk with brave axe and 11 speed but 2 skill only)

Edited by edza90

The problem is not erk having 1 luck. The thing is you said this: "less hassle with the RNG", but then you give everybody crapy luck which makes RNG more of an hassle. It's just that, a problem with the way you worded things

Enemy skill usually is very low so you shouldn't have any trouble at all, plus this is Fire Emblem, you use everybody (they have higher bases and they promote at level 10 now with HUGE promotion bonuses to compensate but slower exp gain too)

While I can see where you were going with this. It trivializes the game even HHM can't take the massive boosts you gave to absolutely everyone ._.

I'd call this supereasy mode not Perfect. I'm sorry

Okay, so I've gotten up to Chapter 18 (The one with the boat and all those shamans.) HHM and I think I'm ready to throw some criticism your way.

So, uh, the user above pretty much summed up my feelings about the hack. It's a little too easy, even on HHM. I mean, the beginning was so trivial because of the excellent bases most characters had. Mind you, it wasn't a cakewalk at first, but once I got Raven and the two promotion items from Ch. 17, this hack became a cakewalk. The level 10 cap is really weird and it just makes it easier to promote and get those crazy bonuses that you implemented. However, I feel it kinda makes the lords a bit mediocre since they can't promote 'till the late parts of the game. So they're basically stuck with stats that'll eventually be outclassed by every other unit 'till they reach that point. I assume at that point they'll get insanely high promo-bonuses, too.

Speaking of characters, there a few of them that make this game pretty easy.

1. Raven.

You seriously gave the player a promoted unit with HHM bonuses, great bases, and amazing growths at Ch. 17. He starts off with decent strength combined with 20 speed and Axe / Sword use. He's pretty much OP and totally trivializes the game's difficulty.

2. Marcus.

Yet again, you gave the player another incredible promoted unit, but this time at the second chapter of HHM. He may have meh growths but his bases are incredible. Earlygame hard modes in FE games are usually a pain to get through, but Marcus just makes it incredibly easy.

3. Oswin.

He's not as bad as the previous two, considering the fact that he can gain only one level due to the cap, but when he starts of the chapter he is able to double pegasus knights (Enemies who I believe you've nerfed because I do not remember them being so easy to double.) and can tank pretty much every other enemy.

There's some other stuff that you've edited that I find highly unnecessary as well:

1. Vulnerary changes. Healing 20 HP with a common item is just... a very bad idea.

2. Promotion bonuses. Oh god, you made them skyrocket so high that once a unit is promoted they can't be stopped, even on HHM.

3. Level cap. I want to reiterate my feelings on this change. I know why you wanted to implement it (higher bases and promo bonuses), but honestly... the bases and bonuses are just so high that it doesn't really matter if the cap is 10, your units still stomp the game once they're promoted.

4. Various nerfs. Damian with 6 SPD? What? He wasn't even difficult in the vanilla game and you just nerfed him severely. Believe it or not he's doubled by a base Kent and a slightly leveled Sain. Other than Damian, there's also the nerfing of Pegasus Knights. I'm pretty sure they had more than 9 SPD in the vanilla game.

5. Luck changes. You said that you wanted less RNG-abusing, but giving characters low luck will make them prone to critical hits which in turn will make us want to abuse the RNG to avoid them. You pretty much went 1 step forward and then 2 steps back with this change.

So... this is pretty much how I feel about the hack. It's an ok first try, imo.

Edited by Esme

Okay, so I've gotten up to Chapter 18 (The one with the boat and all those shamans.) HHM and I think I'm ready to throw some criticism your way.

So, uh, the user above pretty much summed up my feelings about the hack. It's a little too easy, even on HHM. I mean, the beginning was so trivial because of the excellent bases most characters had. Mind you, it wasn't a cakewalk at first, but once I got Raven and the two promotion items from Ch. 17, this hack became a cakewalk. The level 10 cap is really weird and it just makes it easier to promote and get those crazy bonuses that you implemented. However, I feel it kinda makes the lords a bit mediocre since they can't promote 'till the late parts of the game. So they're basically stuck with stats that'll eventually be outclassed by every other unit 'till they reach that point. I assume at that point they'll get insanely high promo-bonuses, too.

Speaking of characters, there a few of them that make this game pretty easy.

1. Raven.

You seriously gave the player a promoted unit with HHM bonuses, great bases, and amazing growths at Ch. 17. He starts off with decent strength combined with 20 speed and Axe / Sword use. He's pretty much OP and totally trivializes the game's difficulty.

2. Marcus.

Yet again, you gave the player another incredible promoted unit, but this time at the second chapter of HHM. He may have meh growths but his bases are incredible. Earlygame hard modes in FE games are usually a pain to get through, but Marcus just makes it incredibly easy.

3. Oswin.

He's not as bad as the previous two, considering the fact that he can gain only one level due to the cap, but when he starts of the chapter he is able to double pegasus knights (Enemies who I believe you've nerfed because I do not remember them being so easy to double.) and can tank pretty much every other enemy.

There's some other stuff that you've edited that I find highly unnecessary as well:

1. Vulnerary changes. Healing 20 HP with a common item is just... a very bad idea.

2. Promotion bonuses. Oh god, you made them skyrocket so high that once a unit is promoted they can't be stopped, even on HHM.

3. Level cap. I want to reiterate my feelings on this change. I know why you wanted to implement it (higher bases and promo bonuses), but honestly... the bases and bonuses are just so high that it doesn't really matter if the cap is 10, your units still stomp the game once they're promoted.

4. Various nerfs. Damian with 6 SPD? What? He wasn't even difficult in the vanilla game and you just nerfed him severely. Believe it or not he's doubled by a base Kent and a slightly leveled Sain. Other than Damian, there's also the nerfing of Pegasus Knights. I'm pretty sure they had more than 9 SPD in the vanilla game.

5. Luck changes. You said that you wanted less RNG-abusing, but giving characters low luck will make them prone to critical hits which in turn will make us want to abuse the RNG to avoid them. You pretty much went 1 step forward and then 2 steps back with this change.

So... this is pretty much how I feel about the hack. It's an ok first try, imo.

Gonna have this in mind.I think you are going to have some Thracia 776 V.2 then, only on GBA

Edited by edza90

The warrior promo gains made me defacate my pants in delight.

+4 speed, +8 str.

Oh and the peg knight promo gains also made me urinate in shock.

I've c hanged the warrior promo

+8-9 HP

+7 atk

+3 speed

+3 skill

+3 defense

+3 resistance

And Dorcas has 5% speed growth with a base of 9, so at promotion he gets 12 speed unless RNG goddess desire differently and speed wings are required on him for being da shit.

Also mattew now is super fast (starts with 15 speed and 10 luck) so he can be and I gave him better offense, but he is sword locked and has shit HP in comparison to Legault, much sturdier.

I made this decision with Dorcas and Bartre:

Dorcas: sturdier and safer to send into massacres

Bartre: Super fast warrior (starts fast and stay fast) with bleh defensive skill - they have potential in growht (thanks to promotion bonuses he gets better too)

Pegasus knights starts fast and dogding but get terrible atk so they need the plus but if you can somehow get and go for Farina/Fiora, they are the offensiva type (Farina is the "Special One", cause shie is trainable up to 20, start with 20 speed, 10-13 everything else but 5 luck)

Also Lowen has 35% in almost anything minus defense and luck and hp but his defense his solid now.

Oswin demoted to a 7 speed knight

Raven is gonna have a "malus" that will make him worse and have the Body Ring necessary to have him being the same he was before (almost)

Edited by edza90

The warriors kind of need the speed gains.

Also could you buff the enemies to make it harder in HHM.

I'm breezing through HHM really easily and it's not a problem.

Make Raven unpromoted as a merc. Prepromoted Raven is ridiculous.

Guy could use a slight strength buff.

Note:Please buff the difficulty, it's far too easy in HHM. It feels like I'm playing fe8 NM or fe9 NM.

The warriors kind of need the speed gains.

Also could you buff the enemies to make it harder in HHM.

I'm breezing through HHM really easily and it's not a problem.

Make Raven unpromoted as a merc. Prepromoted Raven is ridiculous.

Guy could use a slight strength buff.

Note:Please buff the difficulty, it's far too easy in HHM. It feels like I'm playing fe8 NM or fe9 NM.

Up to chapter 14 HHM (Lyn Mode Included) released.

Enemies - not all of them - are getting Silver Weapons, bossess are getting gimmicky weapons and chapters will be harsher - not all the chapters will be modified actually, only the ones that could be found easy.

Raven WILL stay prepromo but will have a two quirks that will hamper him more so he won't be that good.

About the warriors, bartre will be the fast one, dorcas the sturdy, Geitz the in between.

Edited by edza90

Drop Hawkeye's con down to 14-16 and Darts down to his vanilla con.

It allows them to be rescue dropped to go further.

Adding stronger weapons isn't going to do much, how about autolevelling them by 5-10 levels.

you could just buff the stats of the enemies instead.

Or just increase the sheer mass of them.

More exp? Kthx

More exp? Kthx

Exp to reach the level 10 cap isn't really that helpful.

Drop Hawkeye's con down to 14-16 and Darts down to his vanilla con.

It allows them to be rescue dropped to go further.

Adding stronger weapons isn't going to do much, how about autolevelling them by 5-10 levels.

I've decided to have Hawkeye joining you at level 8 with those stats he has now.

Dart needs that con, so he can be the glass cannon pirate - consider that his defense, minus bases, is non existant.

Stronger weapons are doing a lot actually, I'm playtesting it and it's quite hard in HHM if you don't know how to place your man - and even than it can be troublesome. - but that autolevelling feature could be good in gaiden chapters of chaters wit fewer enemies.

Edited by edza90