Fire Emblem 7 - Perfect Edition

edza90

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exp to reach the level 10 cap isn't really that helpful.

I've decided to have Hawkeye joining you at level 8 with those stats he has now.

Dart needs that con, so he can be the glass cannon pirate - consider that his defense, minus bases, is non existant.

Stronger weapons are doing a lot actually, I'm playtesting it and it's quite hard in HHM if you don't know how to place your man - and even than it can be troublesome. - but that autolevelling feature could be good in gaiden chapters of chaters wit fewer enemies.

:Hawkeye is fine as is, but he would like to be more mobile via being ferriable.

:Dart's promotion item is worth alot, and nerfing his defense kind of makes it a bad idea to use him long-term if Hawkeye does everything he can and with more durability.

Marcus, Oswin, LHM!Dorcas, and Hector can tank a bit. And there are ways around silver using enemies.

:Hawkeye is fine as is, but he would like to be more mobile via being ferriable.

:Dart's promotion item is worth alot, and nerfing his defense kind of makes it a bad idea to use him long-term if Hawkeye does everything he can and with more durability.

Marcus, Oswin, LHM!Dorcas, and Hector can tank a bit. And there are ways around silver using enemies.

Maybe adding poison wielding enemies would make some chapters more difficult, cause it's required more attention by the player to avoid rushing too much and getting owned by enemy chip damag?

20 HP healing Vulneraries, Marcus/Lowen/Kent/Sain.

It's easy to bait the A.I.

Umh... maybe those damn vulneraries should heal 15 instead of 20. What if I had prepromoted units here and there with high Hp?

Edited by edza90

Dorcas went from a unit that requires a bit of favoritism to a solid unit.

ch17x and OHKOing things is fun, despite not doubling.

Lowen is kind of "eh" but has uses due to high durability mid-lategame.

HAwkeye is still awesome but 20 con prevents him from being dropped by anyone.

Dart sucks and I would rather sell the seal but I like axemen too much.

Raven is a broken footsie.

Lucius and Canas are still better than Erk because Erk is a crit magnet.

You could make Serra/Prissy have boost exp gain?

Dorcas went from a unit that requires a bit of favoritism to a solid unit.

ch17x and OHKOing things is fun, despite not doubling.

Lowen is kind of "eh" but has uses due to high durability mid-lategame.

HAwkeye is still awesome but 20 con prevents him from being dropped by anyone.

Dart sucks and I would rather sell the seal but I like axemen too much.

Raven is a broken footsie.

Lucius and Canas are still better than Erk because Erk is a crit magnet.

You could make Serra/Prissy have boost exp gain?

I give you the next patch right now with the changes you asked for - minus fast exp gain for healers and Hawkeye with less than 20 const - he needs drawbacks after all.

Edited by edza90

After reading what you've been suggesting me, I'm telling you what the current state of the patch is at.

Can you comment on it so I can make it even more better balanced?

This is what Raven is going to be (in HHM) as a Pre-Promo Hero

Axes: B

Swords: B

Bases:

HP: 33

Strenght: 12

Skill: 19

Speed: 18

Luck: 2

Defense: 7

Resistance: 7

Growths:

HP: 100

Strenght: 100

Skill: 30

Speed: 25

Luck: 100

Defense: 25

Resistance: 25

In the very chapter he appears, Raven will PURSUE you so you have to be fast at killing the enemies and you need Priscilla with you if you want him and the path for Priscilla is hampered by strong units in chapter 14.

Kent starts as a level 8 Cavalier with 17-18 speed and 9 to everything else.

Sain is level 4 with 14 atk and 9-8-7 in everything else minus hp (he is not tanky anymore at start)

There is a 30 atk (total) Shaman guarding in chapter 16/17 that WILL make you suffer if you are careless while going for the Hero Crest chest in the left treasure room (but he is damn slow)

1) Some enemies in maps (mostly the ones with fewer enemies and reinforcements, like the starting ones) get Silver Weapons and STATS BOOSTING weapons (Hero weapons).

2) Some mini-bosses prepromos (1/2/3 per maps, depending on the map dimension and other factors)

3) Bosses get stats boosting weapons as well (hero weapons)

4) A.I. is changed so it's harder to fight enemies

5) Physics and Bolting Mages/Sages here and there to make the map more challenging (1/2 per map in relation of the map size)

Edited by edza90

Not sure if you know this yet but Lyn normal mode glitches out in the prologue. The issue is that turn four or five forces you to seize but Batta still has five hp. At this point you can't attack or end the turn as such you are stuck and cannot continue.

I'm sorry, was this meant to be an attempt at "balance."

Because this just looks like it's all over the place. You have ridiculous growths, completely outlandish and unwarranted changes to classes and bases.

HHM is trivial on a base game without savestates, bar the first level or two. You've literally made the entire game a cakewalk.

I'm sorry, was this meant to be an attempt at "balance."

Because this just looks like it's all over the place. You have ridiculous growths, completely outlandish and unwarranted changes to classes and bases.

HHM is trivial on a base game without savestates, bar the first level or two. You've literally made the entire game a cakewalk.

Dude if Ravfen has that growths it's because you get him with those bases, the exp gaining is very low now (so arena abuse is very time consuming, it's stoopid and ruins your ranking), so in the long run you need a character that has gained at least points in what he initially luck (lol at word gaming) to be competitive.

You say everything is trivial... for now!

I've updated the patch... try have everybody (Merlinus inlcuded) survive

PS: What If I make Raven go for the escape point of the map since turn 2, so you have to reach him to recruit him?

Edited by edza90

I hope English isn't your first language, I cringe every time you post...

I like taking creative liberties when I write and I'm paid not to do it.

About the difficulty, play the current patch up to chapter 19x rotating your characters and then you tell me how funny that will be when you get damn Silver Bow snipers that WILL attack you the moment you put your damn feet into their range (in chapter 15 HHM) or fuckers that have Sleep Staff and hide into the fog and you don't have any restore staff.

Even if you try for solos with a promoted Erk with his whopping 20+ speed but shit luck, you risk - balance with the terribad luck. And Raven now is much more feeble at start and has 7 con, 7 def and 7 resistance - a small bonus in resistance so he is now the "Mid-Game oifaye" - so he is slowned down by his starting weapons and can only relies on Iron Sword/Slim Sword to be at 18 speed costantly and his forced to rely on swords to be a good doubling maching against faster enemies.

Enjoy pre-promo bosses since chapter 12 HHM - few exceptions.

Enjoy moving bossess.

Enjoy Uhai at level 3 autoleveled with 38 HP, 14 atk, 17 skill and 17 speed.

Enjoy Raven starting to flee from the map (maybe this won't work in the current patch, I'm going to make it like that anyway, so if you want him, you have to rush and RISK)

Enjoy Lucius being at risk cause now the Longbow archer have 2 out of 3 armor knights as prisoners in front of him, so he thinks it's good to attack the feebler Lucius.

Enjoy Berserkers with 30 crit spawning instead of brigands in chapter 16.

And enjoy FALCON KNIGHTS with silver spears.And enjoy chapter 19x level 20 enemies (unpromoted), level 12 Dragon Knights with Axe Reavers and Fucking pre-promo Generals that in the next patch will receive 2-range C rank weapons and enjoy the Boss with Magic and Resistance capped (just try going into his range during the time he is free to use his Bolting tome) as well.

I'm gonna make this one, slowly, Elibe 776, with few cheap moves here and there, to make it funnier, more straightforward (no need for grinding) and harder.

Edited by edza90

why would i rotate my characters when it's so much easier not to

and yes, i was talking about the most recent patch

Download the very one that it's on now.

Rotate to get the 5 Rank stars?

i'm 99% sure you can't make raven flee from a map. i don't think anyone has figured out how to make that work yet.

Once he did, he escaped from the map (I put his I.A. on "Pursue" and he fled instead, i was like "The Fuck"? but I thought that would have been a nice touch of difficulty)

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Stand Still + Guard = Raven Escapes 100% of times. You'll enjoy reaching the best pre-promo unit ever, cause I'm gonna buff him a little (it will be even more tedious than reaching Xavier)

MORE IMPORTANT UPDATE: Download the patch, apply it now AND ENJOY the BITCHIEST chapter 17 YOU will ever play, with U trying to reach a kick-ass stast Raven that WILL ALWAYS start an escape from the map, with Longbow archers in front of you to hinder your passage

Edited by edza90
Merged. Don't double post.

i got 5 stars without having to rotate more than like two units out at a time

it really isn't that hard to feed kills to scrubs

edit

on second hand though, i'm done. i had fun with the version i played (i dl'd it this morning and played on an airplane) but i don't have another timesink for a while (and in hindsight i have better things to do than finish what amounts to another FE7 S-rank playthrough)

have fun hacking, you have potential

Edited by CT075

i got 5 stars without having to rotate more than like two units out at a time

it really isn't that hard to feed kills to scrubs

edit

on second hand though, i'm done. i had fun with the version i played (i dl'd it this morning and played on an airplane) but i don't have another timesink for a while (and in hindsight i have better things to do than finish what amounts to another FE7 S-rank playthrough)

have fun hacking, you have potential

I've upgraded the patch, now it's starting to be much harsh of a game.

Please I suggest you testing when you have time this at least up to chapter 17 where you get Raven, you'll enjoy the Thracia 776 like difficulty of that chapter if you want raven and save lucius and get chapter 17x

Edited by edza90

so... still easy?

Hard requirement for special characters (Raven can be losts forever in 5 turns), Very Low exp gain, Cheap Situations (Sleep Staffs and no Restore Staffs for you), Brave Wielding Enemies with + 5 strenght, Moving bosses, Bolting Sages, Physic Sages, Poison Weapon enemies scattered around, Silver Bow Snipers that will kick your ass the moment you make a spacing mistake, gonna add some guys with reversed weapons here and there too, Longbow Archmens that WILL hinder you when you are in a haste.... need more?

Edited by edza90