BoxMulder

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused by this post.

Pretty much just a bunch of IF strings.

IF X is satisfied then Y happens.

Ergo, IF enemy is killed by thief sword, then last item in enemy inventory drops.

• 4 weeks later...

Salutations, Serenes Forest! A remarkable coincidence that we meet today, I must say. I haven't had the oppurtunity to extend an invitation for nearly... how long was it again, Jeeves? Ah, yes! Nearly a month? It almost feels like it's been a year. I suppose it would have been an unusually warm winter if it were truly the case. Tell me, old chap. What have you occupied yourself with this last month?

Sounds... intriguing. Not necessarily my cup of tea, I will admit but certain a fascinating diversion! Me? Oh, I've been busy with a plethora of activities, some of which are honestly quite tedious! I hope you'll forgive me if I decide not to speak of them. The most bemusing event I've had the pleasure to deal with is the simian flu that's been spreading around. I presume you've heard of it in the newspapers?

Yes, that outbreak of chimpfluenza has been ravaging on my dear helpers. I daresay nearly half the workforce had to be hospitalized; unfortunate news for the progress of FEIV. Nonetheless our hard workers managed to complete many exciting things! In fact, Jeeves and I just came back from developing photos of our latest work to publish for the latest issue of Hacta Harithmetica. Would you like a peek?

Ah, it's good to know your interest is still strong. Well, I suppose we should begin with our images in chronologic order; here we have some images from the Battle for Genoa.

kRZCgL5.pnghKfHMTE.png

3fd5Uxx.pngZRfwMqi.png

Indeed, the Battle for Genoa is the moment our valiant Chalphians begin their assault into Verdane territory, greeted by the first prince of Verdane, Kinbois. Unfortunately, the battle is not that easily won, as a mysterious maiden with a grudge against Grandbell appears to help Kinbois. But there is hope yet, as the prince of Lenster, Cuan, rides into battle with his spouse and faithful protege. Their history with Sigurd should prove to be a critical turning point! After the defeat of the first Verdanian prince, comes a daring escape chapter! You should an inkling of what I refer to, of course?

Correct! The escape of the crafty thief Dew and nun Edain from the clutches of the second prince, Gandolf. Tragically, the simian in charge of developing the Escape from Marpha was struck ill. and remains recovering comfortably as we speak.

who in god's name did that map

A bit hastily written, but I can confirm Jasper was also responsible for that. He is certainly an industrious primate. I hope he will return to the workforce with renewed vigour! He is an exemplary inspiration to everyone, especially Charlotte. She has been working quite hard on many new features will we be needing. Thankfully, she's remained very healthy to this day. What's that, Jeeves? Why yes! How could I forget? Our other photographs include one of her achievements. Allow me to present them.

8RmrkbS.pngojj0hTw.png

wm108nL.pngyw1CbST.png

Do try to keep this our little secret, if you can. I would like it to make quite the splash with the readers of Hacta! Of course, this isn't the only feature that Charlotte has been working on, but the rest are sadly not presentable yet. However, I will confide in you that the Pursuit has been added! Of course, it is significantly altered from the original, but I'm sure it will still be exciting to use. Oh, do you have another inquiry for me?

Why, it appears that fine young Dew has retained his ability to take items and treasure from his foes! But what, good sir, do you plan on doing to recreate his magnificently performed Sun Sword skill?

Hmm... Jeeves and I have been discussing this at length, but we've yet to reach a consensus. Jeeves, could you remind me of your opinion? Lifetaker? Yes, that seems about right. I don't fully agree with that yet, but it will remain on the table for now. In either case, we will certainly make an announcement when the final decision is made, so fret not! For now, we must depart to the hospital and comfort the sick.

Oh, that reminds me! Before we leave, I should take this oppurtunity to reply to this letter. I received it previously but this terrible chimpfluenza business has been keeping me from writing a proper reply. I'm sure you'll be interested in the contents of my reply.

I agree. I want to play this if/when it's released as well. Seems like a pleasant bloke, no reason we can't all be friends.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for your interest in our fine establishment. Although we have yet to produce a final product, I hope you will remain patient while our workers do their best to deliver a work of quality. I cannot give you an estimate for a release, but rest assured that we will present something memorable once we have made significant headway into Agusty's story.

Sincerely,

BoxMulder Industries, Inc.

Oh, you'd like to personally deliver this to the post office yourself? I appreciate the aid! Just let me apply some postage and I will send you off. There we go! Yes, I hope we meet again under more fortuitous circumstances. Of course, I'd be happy to let the simians know of your kind words. Do take care now!

Edited by BoxMulder

this is starting to look less and less like an elaborate trolling effort

oh god

i-i-it can't be...

this is starting to look less and less like an elaborate trolling effort

oh god

i-i-it can't be...

It has to be. I was posted on April fools day of all days...

Anyway, the effort you're putting in to keep up the whole old-timey charade is becoming commendable

no it isn't

I'll put money on this being the same guy behind Serenes Emblem's sudden ASMification.

It's all an elaborate setup; make us think he's trolling, then the real troll is when we all realize that he isn't joking around, he's just fucking batshit insane.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eCut, May 9, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by eCut, May 9, 2013 - No reason given

eCut. Delete this?

Edited by Arch

Actually they looks like foundations of very good mugs. They're just unfinished is all.

Actually they looks like foundations of very good mugs. They're just unfinished is all.

They look like Pi's work, albeit not finished.

Probably the best-looking hack I've seen since GhebFE. Too bad GhebSaga never got released. I'll keep a tab on it. Also, the interesting way of talking beats the hell out of normal, boring people's way of talking. It's always the people society calls "insane" who come up with the best ideas, anyway. *points to history*

Probably the best-looking hack I've seen since GhebFE.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Man.

This is so much better looking than that shitty reskin. Though I will admit the memes it inspired in the community were pretty hilarious.

Probably the best-looking hack I've seen since GhebFE. Too bad GhebSaga never got released. I'll keep a tab on it. Also, the interesting way of talking beats the hell out of normal, boring people's way of talking. It's always the people society calls "insane" who come up with the best ideas, anyway. *points to history*

You now officially have the worst tastes in history, so maybe you can point to that next time.

Good to hear from you again old chap! It seems that the ability to repair weapons has been restored in a clever way, as well as the possibility of using both magic and weapons. Hopefully, progress will continue at a steady rate, and this fanciful game will be released for other blokes to partake in enjoying.

Is the roleplaying intro and outro in each post really necessary, though? There's already a forum for that, where I believe people would be more interested in the stories of Mulder the teaman, Jeeves the butler, Charlotte the coder and the yet-unnanounced Martine the composer maid.

Likewise, you should probably start a Let's Play if you feel the need to remind SF users of the events of FE4 in such detail.

It just makes me feel a little violated when I see good people abusing my habit to read everything they say out of respect. .w.

(Cool pics though. Keep making us dream.)

You now officially have the worst tastes in history, so maybe you can point to that next time.

They don't make them like GhebFE anymore, man. The main reason hacks now adays aren't that great is because they don't have the same graphical taste and story-telling ability as GhebFE (and GhebSaga was improving that even further though it didn't get far enough). Tbh, I miss the days of the good ol' reskins.

Maybe he's actually Bruce Wayne. Batman's trying to troll us.

In all seriousness, the sprites look great, despite being unfinished.

The hack progress also sounds neat. I seriously hope Arch s right though. :P