FEIV (v0.a released)

BoxMulder

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't make them like GhebFE anymore, man. The main reason hacks now adays aren't that great is because they don't have the same graphical taste and story-telling ability as GhebFE (and GhebSaga was improving that even further though it didn't get far enough). Tbh, I miss the days of the good ol' reskins.

f7807a21-cant-tell-stupid-trolling_13258

Either way, you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Arch

I think Nightmare-only hacks can have a certain charm to them, that's why I'm playing FE8RR. On the other hand, citing GhebFE as the best reskin ever is about the dumbest move ever, considering it was like 10 year old boy humor and a bunch of rape jokes :B

Why are we still talking about this why aren't we discussing FEIV the best game ever.

I didn't realize there was a right or wrong way to be stupid

Though I suppose you're a fine example of the former if you can't see the simple beauty in reskins~

It's not a grudge against reskins; it's GhebFE, the cringe-worthy culmination of terrible internet humor and rape jokes. If you think that's top shelf shit, you're doing everything wrong (even if it's not possible to do it "wrong," you're still doing it wrong).

Anyways, I've had my fill of this public quarrel. I shall return to my lair. Adieu.

On topic: I'm going to shit on somebody's grave if FEIV comes with a "rape joke" mode.

All I'm going to say on the matter is that GhebFE was a pure, distilled pool of misogyny and ten year old internet humor that was funny for about a week, and then never since.

Sure, the effort that went into it is impressive, but so is the effort that went into, say, Ghostlight's EU translations. The result, however?

Rather less admirable.

On topic, this looks utterly fantastic.

All I'm going to say on the matter is that GhebFE was a pure, distilled pool of misogyny and ten year old internet humor that was funny for about a week, and then never since.

Sure, the effort that went into it is impressive, but so is the effort that went into, say, Ghostlight's EU translations. The result, however?

Rather less admirable.

On topic, this looks utterly fantastic.

Or argaubly, DQ's recent translation.

Anyway, shame on you to talk about something so gross on a gentleman's topic.

That sounds like feminist talk to me...

"The humor didn't last, so it sucks as a whole"

Okay, that's long enough, time to get back on topic now. I figured it'd eventually die out, but apparently not.

And no, having an off-topic spiel and then a "oh, and on topic:" does not count. If you want to continue your discussions that do not pertain to this hack then do it elsewhere.

Dancers attacking in FE4? With that glorious 3 strength and 10% growth...

Anyways, it's looking pretty cool. The sprites could use some finishing touches, though!

• 5 months later...

Greetings, greetings, Serenes Forest! I'm glad you could make it here for All Hallow's Eve! It has been quite some time since we last met, hasn't it? I have been active in the continent of Africa, searching for unique simian specimens. But first, take a seat. I insist! Jeeves! I believe it is time to bring out the special silverware for today! While you relax, why don't you nibble on some chocolate? Consider it my treat. Others certainly have! Now tell me, what have you been up to these past few months? I am eager to hear of your intriguing tales.

That is quite the experience! It sounds like the warm weather has treated you very well. The upcoming winter season is going to be a mild inconvenience at worst, isn't it? I will admit, I am not an aficionado of the cold weather myself. I always have Jeeves fetch me the three warmest coats he can find at the market so that I may wear them simultaneously! Yes, it does look ridiculous; perhaps a bit undignified. But the comfort is unparalleled! Ah, welcome back Jeeves. Yes, put the cups down there. Anyway, I did not invite you on a simple whim! We have a lot of catching up to do! Do you remember my little project I mentioned previously?

Excellent! Well, I am proud to say that thanks to a visit to the continent of Africa, my simian workforce has expanded considerably. Not in numbers, but rather in skill! Banner, the baboon, has been working closely with Charlotte to bring something fresh for the eyes of the weary. Words cannot describe much, so I will simply show you these photographs that were recently developed:

vrISYIU.png0lOxK9m.pngXUQU1k1.png

Fascinating, isn't it? Banner has been quite active in these developments, and Jeeves has been using his spare time to pick out some imagery to use. I certainly hope to be able to showcase more of their work. It is quite enjoyable to watch.

Jasper? Thankfully, he has recovered from his illness and has been working hard to make up for the lost time. I believe we have some records of the work he's done so far. Jeeves? Fetch Jasper's archives. While you wait, perhaps you would be interested in some of the inquiries I have received about the project.

Is the roleplaying intro and outro in each post really necessary, though? There's already a forum for that, where I believe people would be more interested in the stories of Mulder the teaman, Jeeves the butler, Charlotte the coder and the yet-unnanounced Martine the composer maid.

Likewise, you should probably start a Let's Play if you feel the need to remind SF users of the events of FE4 in such detail.

It just makes me feel a little violated when I see good people abusing my habit to read everything they say out of respect. .w.

(Cool pics though. Keep making us dream.)

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your feedback of BoxMulder Industries's activites. Unfortunately, we do not have a Martine on the staff, but rest assured that your concerns have been forwarded to the relevant parties.

Although it may feel redundant to emphasize knowledge as common as the story of Fire Emblem 4, BoxMulder Industries believes that in order to appreciate the differences between this project and Fire Emblem 4, one must set the viewer on the right path by reminding them of how things used to be. Nonetheless, your complaint is valid and will be taken into consideration in the future.

As a token of apology, we have enclosed some materials from the project as a sneak preview for a future update.

drzPzWu.png

Sincerely,

BoxMulder Industries, Inc.

Are you curious about the photograph? I am sorry to say that my lips are sealed on the matter for now. The only thing I will mention is that this will be the first of multiple original content to be added to this project. I'm certain that a mind like yours will have some speculation to tide you over in the meantime.

Are you planning on inserting fe5 in between ch6 and 7?

I am sure that question is percolating in your mind as well! First, I will confess: there has been very little planning concerning the second generation thus far. My priorities have been on establishing the foundations needed for this project to thrive, and there is still a lot to do! Still, there have been certain ideas suggested by colleagues to include characters from the game into the second half of the story. I am certainly willing to add a character if they will increase the diversity of the cast.

Legit question, will dancers still be able to attack in this hack?

Of course! Why should they be deprived of such an option? In fact, Jeeves has suggested a clever idea to integrate their abilities to wield swords, but you will have to wait on a verdict from Charlotte before I can say anything more on the matter. That reminds me, allow me to tell you of another of our new recruits. Gaston will be working with Charlotte, and has proven to be a quick learner. Here is one of the projects he has been working on:

EYJ4gBn.png

This will undoubtedly yield some new methods to handle one of Fire Emblem 4's major aspects; I'm sure you've already grasped what I am referring to. Anyway, it has been fantastic catching up with you. I hope you continue to be well. In the meantime, allow me to give you a farewell present. It is a newly developed motion reel that I'm sure will fascinate you. Just make sure you watch while you're comfortably seated, I wouldn't want you to be inconvenienced while watching it.

XkUgHUu.png

Quick question, do you plan on releasing the source for this at any point? You seem to have legit features and this is looking less like an elaborate joke and more like a really real hack. In particular, the Str/Mag split and the custom spell animations you've inserted have caught my eye.

S- I missed this thread

S- how do I pre-order and what DLC do I get

DLC Units: Gaston, Jeeves, Charlotte, Banner, and Jasper.

Tell me, when can I give you my firstborn? I was disappointed in that terrible April Fool's joke years back, but now it looks like I'll be able to rejoice!

The hope still lives!

If this is still an elaborate joke, it's wonderful either way because you're doing a better job of it than whoever tried it the first time. Like, a lot better. If this isn't a joke, AWESOME. Keep it up.