FEIV (v0.a released)

BoxMulder

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and it looks like you got nintendolord to help you impressive

Wait, what? Who or what is "nintendolord", where was he/she/it mentioned, and why did you get the impression he/she/it helped with the project?

also I lol'd at the hype-inducing post

Of course! Why should they be deprived of such an option? In fact, Jeeves has suggested a clever idea to integrate their abilities to wield swords, but you will have to wait on a verdict from Charlotte before I can say anything more on the matter. That reminds me, allow me to tell you of another of our new recruits. Gaston will be working with Charlotte, and has proven to be a quick learner. Here is one of the projects he has been working on:

EYJ4gBn.png

Wait, what? Who or what is "nintendolord", where was he/she/it mentioned, and why did you get the impression he/she/it helped with the project?

also I lol'd at the hype-inducing post

i'm fairly certain that screen is from fe4 advanced and also the str mag combination patch which this guy (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showuser=104) created and in the text of above the screen shot it said someone who worked on that was on the team and nintenlord was my first though (could be someone else though)

Edited by Wintersmith

i'm fairly certain that screen is from fe4 advanced and also the str mag combination patch which this guy (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showuser=104) created and in the text of above the screen shot it said someone who worked on that was on the team and nintenlord was my first though (could be someone else though)

This project is in no way related to (or built from) FE4 Advance. Nor does it, to my knowledge, contain any work from "Nintendolord" (how do people always manage to get his name wrong? It's baffled me for years; it's fucking Nintenlord).

If this is still an elaborate joke, it's wonderful either way because you're doing a better job of it than whoever tried it the first time. Like, a lot better. If this isn't a joke, AWESOME. Keep it up.

>whoever tried it the first time

>the person is literally the poster above you

anyway

I am interesting in how you managed to get spell transparency to work properly

Ahem? Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Judging by the sheer scale of his other ASM work (str/mag split, s-rank supports, repair shop, etc.), it'd be reasonable to assume that he either reworked Xeld's spell animation handling or outright created his own (better) method.

It's nice to see somebody giving an FE4 remake the justice it deserves. Back in FE4A's day, we just didn't have the capacity to pull it off. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Arch

The sigurd doesn't even look remotely similar other than the fact that they're both sigurd

I'm pretty sure this is Arch's alt. account and he's practicing his writing skills.

Wowee, look at the pretty pictures. Oh man, if this is real then I am impressed my fine sir. If this isn't real then I'm still impressed because you managed to fool a whole bunch of members. Either way, it's a win-win

I swear if this is Archibald...

Ahem. Kind sir, when will you release this magnificent game? It's absolutely a-mazing! I would love to play it for you! You fine sir, keep up the good work!

Edited by PixelmanFE

Old chap! I thought you were perhaps killed in a duel, and now I am relieved that you are still among the living. Progress is once again intriguing, with custom spells and S-Rank supports. I do hope to partake in the playing of this game once it is completed. One question I have is about names. I have noticed use of Diadora in the game, are you planning on changing this to Deirdre and using all of Nintendo's official names for this game? Whatever you choose to do I nethertheless look forward to what is next. Until then, try not to catch a cold in the coming winter.

Alright, there are enough questions that I need to do an out of character reply list.

You could insert more axe-users in gen 1?

Looks nice.

There are definitely plans for additional axe users in both generations.

ok this looks real

wow

and it looks like you got nintendolord to help you impressive, that said ideas on when a public patch might come and or when will you be needing beta testers?

This first release is aimed at the end of the Agustria arc, which would be the chapter where you defeat Shagall for the second time. The current progress with content at the moment can be broken down as:

Prologue: 99% done

Chapter 1-1: 90% done

Chapter 1-2: 15% done

Chapter 1-3: 5% done

Chapter 1-x: 0% done

Chapter 2-1: 20% done

The release would have about 6 extra chapters. I am still deciding on what is the most effective way to conduct beta-testing, until that's decided there won't be a need for beta-testers yet.

-noticed topic has been bumped-

So hype, guys.

So, you're not sure if you're including thracia (or just the chars from thracia, or at all) yet, then? :E

Thracia content is not suitable at the moment for a few reasons:

1. The current plan is to do a 1-1 conversion of each castle while removing unecessary content. The last time I surveyed FE4's content there were +40 castles involved, so a 1-1 conversion would be a +40 chapter hack, not counting any new content (e.g. Gaidens/FE5 chapters.) The more important task at hand is deciding which castles are worth keeping as part of the game.

2. Celice is not the main character of FE5, so any FE5 chapter would likely end up as a Hector Mode type alternate story branch. The difference is this branch would be long enough that either extra characters would need to be added, or some significant rewriting would need to be done to fill in slots with the FE4 second generation characters.

In either case this content is far enough away that any decisions about it would likely flip-flop as progress is made. However, there are definite plans to include characters, and there are plans for at least 2 characters to show up in the second generation.

To make this project go a little bit faster, I will do anything you want. Anything at all, within my capabilities.

I don't know if you've answered this already, but how will Holy Blood and Children work?

The project will move at whatever speed it can move, which means there will be necessary breaks as certain mechanics are slowly added. The sentiment is appreciated, but for the times when progress can be made, the most important quality required is a quick response time which I am not willing to demand from anyone I don't know personally.

Holy Blood will work slightly differently than before; Having Major Holy Blood will give a significant advantage that Minor Holy Blood will not provide.

Children will work almost the same as in the original FE4; inventory will be passed down and parents will influence growths. There are some extra ideas being thrown around that are being considered. In either case until we reach the end of Agustria anything about the children mechanic is a low priority.

Old chap! I thought you were perhaps killed in a duel, and now I am relieved that you are still among the living. Progress is once again intriguing, with custom spells and S-Rank supports. I do hope to partake in the playing of this game once it is completed. One question I have is about names. I have noticed use of Diadora in the game, are you planning on changing this to Deirdre and using all of Nintendo's official names for this game? Whatever you choose to do I nethertheless look forward to what is next. Until then, try not to catch a cold in the coming winter.

For now names will just be picked on a "I like this variation" basis, but names are always up for a change if it feels appropriate.

will you be releasing a code source or are people who wish to learn from you going to be forced to reverse-engineer?

If he actually gives of the code/source stuff...

Maybe FE4A could arise from it's grave!

But yeah, will you release code source? No doubt it would help a lot of peeps and their projects!

I thought I answered that, but apparently I didn't: Yes, at some point in the future there will be some form of collected notes and other assorted data available to the public.

Huh. No more gentleman voice, eh?

As far as I know, you never said anything about it. I'm skimming the pages right now, and I don't see any indication.

But lol does it matter? You announced it now.

Also, how much chapters do you think you'll have in this hack?

I rather like this new style of post and find it much easier to follow please don't change it back

also I've never been able to bring myself to play FE4 so this happy-fies me :3