FEIV (v0.a released)

BoxMulder

Holy Blood will work slightly differently than before; Having Major Holy Blood will give a significant advantage that Minor Holy Blood will not provide.

Didn't Major Blood already have a significant advantage, what with the whole "can wield Holy Weapons" thing?

Can't really say I'm able to give design decisions without even knowing what you're going for, but I just find it odd to buff the characters who were already kinda top tier. (Or maybe I'm just too used to FE4 Binary's "Minor Blood can wield Holy weapons with halved bonuses", which allowed most characters to become very usable.)

Edited by Miacis

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I haven't updated this thread in a while... Let's change that around and show off some of the new content that's been added. Here's a demo video with the latest changes. (The sound desyncs with the video, unfortunately.)

And as the topic title promised, there is a patch to go with the video if you want to try it yourself. It's a UPS patch, so use NUPS or a similar patching tool on an FE7 US rom to apply it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05nkt347yma6hwi/feiv0.a.ups

Edited by SquareRootOfPi

Skills... in a GBA FE game?

Health bars below the units... In A GbA Fe GaMe!?

You are my god, fine sir.

Skills... in a GBA FE game?

Health bars below the units... In A GbA Fe GaMe!?

You are my god, fine sir.

Did you see dat holy blood screen

it was right under teh skills

I love that old man's expression, he could be Ardens relative.

Oh, the map HP bars broke when you visited the village, but I'm sure you noticed.

Edited by L95

I haven't updated this thread in a while... Let's change that around and show off some of the new content that's been added. Here's a demo video with the latest changes. (The sound desyncs with the video, unfortunately.)

And as the topic title promised, there is a patch to go with the video if you want to try it yourself. It's a UPS patch, so use NUPS or a similar patching tool on an FE7 US rom to apply it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05nkt347yma6hwi/feiv0.a.ups

Why is this SquareRootOfPi, even though the topic creator is BoxMulder?

Anyways, I will try this soon.

To help with the desync with the sound, I suggest you use another emulator.

I use vba-rerecording-19.4

...or you use Virtualdubmod or something to resync the framerate.

Given the level of modification, I'd be willing to lay down money that Ryru's involved. Maybe this is an alt, maybe not, but I'm willing to bet money he is. Possibly even hextator.

Klok, that's some generalization you're doing.

There's A LOT of people out there that can ASM crap up.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yes, but this is the Fire Emblem community. Ryru is the only one in this community with this level of skill that popped out of nowhere.

They could be paying somemone.

(Though I agree that it is probably someone within the community)

... Random flashback: What happened to SF emblem?

Edited by L95