FEIV (v0.a released)

BoxMulder

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I see something good (like an actual Skills page) this is still a bad April Fool's joke.

Greetings, Serenes Forest! My, it's been a while since we've seen each other, hasn't it? Nonetheless, I'm glad you could find time out of your busy schedule to make it here. I've been occupied lately searching for a zoopraxiscope. You would be surprised how difficult it is to find one in working conditions these days. Come to think of it, I've also been helping Jeeves train our simian assistants to use this amusing contraption. It is curious how difficult some of these fellows can be when it comes to modern technology. But I digress. What have you been up to?

That certainly sounds exciting! Perhaps I will be engaging in something as revitalizing this summer. Jeeves! How does the African savannah look this time of year? That sounds fabulous, I'm sure we will have many oppurtunities to increase our photography collection. Make a note, Jeeves: We shall be traipsing across the African landscape! But until then, we should continue working hard to earn this free time. Isn't that right, dear guest?

Hm, very true. I have to admit, your words contain a unique brand of wisdom. It is these kinds of musings that help us stir our thoughts into something greater. If I could dispense such knowledge on a regular basis, perhaps my productivity could be increased. But alas! I must make do with what I have been given. Speaking of which, I do believe you are here for an update on my little project, aren't you? Please, if you will pay attention to my ramblings, take a seat! I will have Jeeves bring your favorites. Although only a week has passed, I have been hard at work bringing many things together. In fact, I received a letter inquiring on my progress! Word does seem to spread quickly around these parts. Would you like to have a look?

Dear sir,

I do have to wonder what these skills that you have planned are. Surely you might be able to showcase a few for the masses?

Now, dear visitor, I'm sure you are just as curious as this fellow about my plans. While I cannot divulge everything immediately, perhaps I can whet your appetite with some clues! Let us begin with the most blatant. As you recall, Fire Emblem 4 is a game rife with abilities granted to the soldiers you control, many of which are quite useful! I plan on bringing many back, although they will not necessarily return in their original form. Jeeves! Bring in the design documents. You'll have to excuse me while I grab my reading glasses.

Let's see... This project will certainly be featuring the return of Wrath. If you recall, Wrath is a skill that boasts guaranteed critical attacks to the fighter, provided they are low on health. Perhaps ironically crude, considering its original user. What else is there? Aha! Pursuit will be making a return as well, although only in name. Do you recall what is the original ability?

Indeed, that's correct! The user will attack twice, provided they have an advantage with their nimbleness. Of course, such a mechanic already exists in modern games, so this ability is a bit outdated. The novel version will be much different. Of course, not all skills are in need of an update. For example, there is a classic that has no need to be changed. It allows units to grow faster than usual, and its user poses certain issues for their children. I will withhold naming it for now, as I am fully confident you can deduce which one I am referring to.

Now, there are of course some other thoughts brewing in my mind, and for now I can only tease you with minimal information about them, as they are yet to be finalized. Fear not, however, I promise you will not leave unsatisfied. Our first new skill is called Enchantment. The details on what it does will be divulged another day, but I can say that this skill will be available for Mage Fighters. Do you recall what those are?

Indeed, they are an prime example of a class that can use both physical and magical abilities! One might even call them canonical, considering their name. Regardless, perhaps this little tidbit will give you some hypotheses on the nature of Enchantment. Another idea that is still being developed is Cursed Blood. This will give players incentive to do something they would normally be indifferent to. What exactly is that, you may ask? I will tell you it deals with a mechanic that has always been the sole province of enemies, although perhaps that has changed recently.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed our chat. Your presence is always a pleasant one, dear friend, so do not hesitate to come back again in the future. What's that Jeeves? Ah, of course! I do have one last thing to show you. If you recall from earlier in our conversation, I did mention purchasing a zoopraxiscope from the market this week! Well, here is the end result of that purchase. Sadly, film is still quite expensive these days so you'll have to make due with this short snippet.

Why, it appears that fine young Dew has retained his ability to take items and treasure from his foes! But what, good sir, do you plan on doing to recreate his magnificently performed Sun Sword skill?

who in god's name did that map

Whatl the hell's your problem

Anyway, the effort you're putting in to keep up the whole old-timey charade is becoming commendable, the video is a nice touch. Definitely going to try this when there's a release.

Edited by Constable Reggie

It's black and white so I can't tell if the weapon the guy stole was green, because he killed the guy. So if the enemy had it so the player gets the last item once the enemies killed then that explains the 'thief' sword'

Otherwise I'm curious how a weapon attack can steal.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, even if the enemy can't use the weapon, it will flash green if it drops it, with the black letter outlines changing in brightness, which even on the black and white video, it didn't looked like it was, considering it wasn't looking any different from the other Fighter, whose weapon didn't drop.

But then again, I don't have a good eyesight so what do I know...

Whatl the hell's your problem

Anyway, the effort you're putting in to keep up the whole old-timey charade is becoming commendable, the video is a nice touch. Definitely going to try this when there's a release.

I agree. I want to play this if/when it's released as well. Seems like a pleasant bloke, no reason we can't all be friends.

The map is pretty bad, am I wrong or something?

Or does that mean you did it?

Maybe I did (after all I'm well known for having anything to do with Fe hacks right). Regardless, I simply like to point out assholes when I see em. Pretty pathetic you immediately jump on me because I point out your douchebaggery. Even more sad that you condemn the map (which you don't even know will be in his hack) without any actual helpful criticism.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Maybe you should chill out? I see nothing wrong with pointing out a flaw if I see if, regardless of how I chose to.

It's actually pretty pathetic that you jump on me for a stray comment when it has nothing to do with you.

This is a hacking topic, not a spriting topic, criticism generally goes in spriting topics.

etc etc

tl; dr;

get off my dick

That was... interesting.

Well, anyway, can't wait to see more.(...I think, lol?)

And the old timey persona is... interesting XD

I do agree the map could be better, but I'm sure that can be fixed later, when people are actually interested :0 He's doing decent for making everything himself(?)

Edited by L95

actually makes it sounds like a person's name.

Ser Fire Emblem the fourth. Son of the late Fire Emblem the third and grandson of the hero Fire Emblem the second.

but in all seriousness, I like the concepts and ideas in this hack.

The british old-timer thing is getting a bit old though. xD

Unless I'm remembering wrong, even if the enemy can't use the weapon, it will flash green if it drops it, with the black letter outlines changing in brightness, which even on the black and white video, it didn't looked like it was, considering it wasn't looking any different from the other Fighter, whose weapon didn't drop.

But then again, I don't have a good eyesight so what do I know...

could have triggered an event on that enemy's death quote, too. that way when the enemy dies it'd give him a silver sword, regardless of what the enemy's holding... That's just another way it could be done, though. Who knows for sure.