• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Luck with the avatar isn't bad like with fe13's avatar =P

he'll catch up on speed xD

I remember having trouble trying to get all the items on lunatic mode

wow that was like over a year ago

I need to play this game again

Yeah. FE13 Avatar hates me.

Lunatic Chapter 7 can be a bit tough to get all the items because of the master seal by Feena/Navarre. Without getting the crit with Navarre, the only way to get it is with a Dracoknight, but that lures Astram's heroes too early. And yeah, you need to :P.

I've been thinking, and wondered why I even bother to deploy Gordin just to recruit an unused character when I can just kill Jeorge for his exp and still obtain his shard and parthia. Not deploying Gordin not only gives me more exp to the Jeorge killer, but also allows me to deploy a better unit so it can get exp (like navarre).

Hmm...since I'm 1 turning Chapter 16, I wont be able to get the Mercurius, but I might kill Astram for it in Chapter 8. I'll just have to make a lot of plans for it. Might have to skip a few General kills.

Edited by Peekayell

You're thinking of training Navarre longterm? Interesting.

Yeah, it's because of my paranoia with Chapter 20x. Last time I did that chapter in LTC, I was wishing I had more mobile units with a good speed cap. I ended up 4 turning the map because of the lack of horsemans. With Sirius, Ryan and Navarre, this won't happen again, hopefully.

Its not like you can't kill Astram later in the game or anything >_>

Chapter 16 is to be warp skipped though. So I can't really kill him (too far away to reach and I have better uses for Warp).

Mounts with Door Key -> Warp -> Bosskill -> Feena Warp Marth -> Seize for chapter 16?

I have to get Marth to be able to ORKO the boss there. It's basically Warp him, ORKO with Marth and Again him. While Feena dances whoever is going to get the Geosphere. Someone has to use the Thief Staff for the Rescue chest too. That's why I'm deploying as many staff users as I can, to train their staff rank and be able to use as many staves per turn as I can in later chapters. (a lot of 1 turns later on are dependent on multiple staves per turn, it's not as easy as Shadow Dragon for sure lol)

Edited by Peekayell

are you sure chapter 16 is worth warpskipping?

WARNING: HUGE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING. FIND SOME COVER

I have some leftover staves without counting whatever the hell I do with them in 20x. So It's fine. If there's a suspect around, I'd say it's C18. Which requires me to:

Dance Marth with Feena, Rescue him back, Warp Caeda, kill boss with her, Warp Marth, Again. Just for a 1 turn saved. I think it's a good time to review my staff use. Gotta make sure I don't mess up.

Chapter 8: I currently have 3 rescue charges and 2 hammerne left. No staves used in the 3 turn.

Chapter 9: Dance Marth with Feena in Turn 2, visit village Turn 4, go back down, recruit lured Etzel in Turn 5 and dance Marth with Feena (Etzel is barely out of reach of her but close enough to be recruited in my strat) and rescue him. Thief obtained by Sirius and sent to convoy to use on the shard and boots. 2 rescue charges 2 hammerne and 3 Thief left.

Chapter 10:

Nothing here.

Chapter 10x:

Same.

Chapter 11:

Double rescue with Etzel for a 5 turn clear. 0 Rescues 2 Hammerne 3 Thief left.

Chapter 12:

Nothing needed. Boots Marth rush for a 5 turn.

Chapter 13:

4 turn, looked really hard into the map to see if any different movement would yield a 3 turn and it's a no.

Chapter 13x:

2 turn. Will look into the possibility of a 1 turn with a capped Falcoknight Catria (skips Iote but I wouldn't need it)

Chapter 14:

Obtain Warp, send to Convoy. Retrieve it and use it to warp Marth to Gotoh. Nosferatank the reinforcements or sacrifice unused units to them. Thief the Again staff. The second Warper will be traded the Warp staff, Marth will go down, be danced by Feena and Warp Marth to seize. This is the most complicated chapter >_>. The possibility of a 1 turn exists If I save a Rescue charge from the desert, but it yields the same result (1 turn saved). 5 Warp 2 Hammerne 2 Thief 3 Again left

Chapter 15:

Dance Caeda and Wing Spear the boss. Warp Marth. 4 Warp 2 hammerne 2 thief 3 Again left

Chapter 16:

Open Door with anyone, dance Geosphere killer and obtain the sphere. Thief the Rescue staff with someone. Warp Marth, KO boss and Again for the seize. 5 Rescue 3 Warp 2 Hammerne 1 Thief 2 Again left.

Chapter 16x:

Nothing, a 1 turn. Don't need Katarina either.

Chapter 17:

A Warrior blocks the door, so I can't dance a rescuer and open it with a mount. So that only leaves:

Warp a Door Key user. Warp Marth, recruit or kill Sheema and Again him. Hammerne the Warp here.

5 Rescue 7 Warp 1 Hammerne 1 Thief 1 Again left

Chapter 18:

Dance Marth to the village, obtain Lifesphere. Rescue him back, Warp Caeda and him. Kill boss and Again Marth.

4 Rescue 5 Warp 1 Hammerne 1 Thief 0 Again left

A second alternative exists, which Im considering too:

Rescue Marth to the village, obtain Lifesphere. Do a massive rescue trade chain, Rescue with another staff user. Dance him. Warp him and Caeda. Saves 1 Again over a Rescue.

3 Rescue 5 Warp 1 Hammerne 1 Thief 1 Again left

Let's go with the second alternative for the rest, to have a number:

Chapter 19

http://fireemblemwod.net/fe12/guia/capitulo-19.htm

I need confirmation that terrain in the boss area is a castle or a wall. If it's wall, then warp is needed or a really strong Hand Axe forge or crits. If it's not, then I will do this strat:

Dance Caeda with Feena in a spot of the map that gives her just exact move to reach and Wing Spear the boss. Warp Marth.

If it's a wall:

A flier can reach from the northern most tile and 2 range. A danced Flier can also 2 range him from another tile. Might need a crit or a stronger 1-2 range forge. There's also Starsphere and Lightsphere to help out. Warp Marth after killing boss. Either way it's only 1 warp. If killing him outright fails, then I might have have a strong Javelin forge, A lances Palla with capped str kill one of the generals blocking him and 1 range him that way with Caeda.

3 Rescue 4 Warp 1 Hammerne 1 Thief 1 Again left

Chapter 20:

Warp Marth with Geosphere. Warp Parthia Starsphere Horseman Ryan and double crit Hardin with 43% crit (thanks to oneway A support with Marth and Geosphere). Thief staff the Again and seize.

3 Rescue 2 Warp 1 Hammerne 0 Thief 4 Again left

Chapter 20x:

Just 3 horsemans alone and a dance from Marth is enough to 3 turn. Might figure out a 2 turn somehow with some staff usage. For now, 0 staves assumed here.

3 Rescue 2 Warp 1 Hammerne 0 Thief 4 Again left

Chapter 21:

Warp Marth to village. Rescue him back, dance him. Hammerne the Warp staff. Warp him, blick boss with Wo Dao/KE, Again.

Could also Warp someone to Secret Shop if deemed neccesary, though I doubt it because Loony boosters. The possibility of warping someone else instead of Marth alone exists and could save an Again use. It all depends on what I deem better.

2 Rescue 6 Warp 0 Hammerne 3 Again left

Chapter 22:

Warp Door Key user to Door. Warp Marth. Warp bosskiller. Seize.

2 Rescue 3 Warp 0 Hammerne 3 Again left

Chapter 23:

Warp Starlight user, blick Hardin with a crit. Warp Marth seize.

2 Rescue 1 Warp 0 Hammerne 3 Again left

So I have 2 Rescues 1 Warp and 3 Agains left in endgame to play with. The strat for Endgame is simply dance Minerva to Maria, recruit her, trade her the rescue and kill Lena with Minerva. Maria rescues Sirisu and he recruits Nyna and kills Elice. Then Nyna rescue Marth, crit then Again.

That would leave me with:

0 Rescue 1 Warp 0 Hammerne 2 Again to play with in the previous chapters. 20x comes to mind, Im not sure what to do in that one since it's pretty tough to plan for...looking at the Fewod map for it, http://fireemblemwod.net/fe12/guia/capitulo-20x.htm I guess I could have the Horsemen kill the first Berserker in the way. Then Falco Catria @ Gradivus crits the other one. Leaving Marth to get danced by Feena and full move, killing the first General blocking the way. then Catria and the horsemen kill the sniper and Berserker now in the way. Marth full moves left. Again him, reveal Eremiah, Warp someone with a good speed cap to kill her then Again Marth. That would leave me with exactly 0 staves...

Edited by Peekayell

No replies to my huge wall of text, figured.

Had to give Marth a quick trip to the arena to get a def proc. Neccesary to make Roger target Swordmaster Ryan and not Marth.

Those are some ingenious strategies here. Keep it up and I'm looking forward to the rest of this!

pair him with Cordelia instead

yes, I know FE13 LTC uses female Avatar

The thing is, the only Avatar that has gotten good levels for me, has been the LTC FE13 one for obvious reasons lol. It's kinda funny. All the other avatars keep getting 1 stat levels or stuff like that to troll me. It's sad that he still turns out amazing because of Veteran.

DAT Palla growth >_>

I will leave nothing to chance :P. I should've rng aboosed Catria from a lot earlier, but its not too late. As for Palla, I map saved before that level.

Good res level-ups here.

If only res was actually good :P.

Anyway, I think i made a really small mistake. I have 3 door keys atm and will receive another in Chapter 17. But there's only 3 doors to open in the rest of the game. That means i don't have to visit Chapter 9's shop so that eases a lot of pressure off. I have a spare door key that costed me 300G (150G since ill just sell it back) but whatever. I have 3 door keys, have to use one in Chapter 16 to open boss room. The other is in Chapter 17 to open Sheema's room and then the other is in Chapter 22. Normally, I'd need 2 door keys in Chapter 15, but that's warp skipped. Same with Chapter 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=dzxdG2muMiY

Trickiest chapter yet. I spent a lot of time planning the moves. A lot of AI manipulation needed for Etzel to go the way I want him to. Very good levels all around too. Is it me or is the vid a bit slow, btw? Ah well, I should stop thinking about that, as long as its viewable and you guys see the strats, it should be fine...

Coming next: The moment of truth :P

I've been looking harder and harder at the chapter 14 map, and I really shouldnt have an issue 2 turning with the previous, no rescue-method. I could conserve a Rescue from the desert and 6 turn that map and 1 turn C14 with that rescue charge. But really, it should be the same. I have to consider which one is more likely to happen though. My C14 2 turn plan involves Nosferatanking or killing off useless units but nets me more of the thief's prizes. The C14 1 turn is much easier, but I skip some items. I need to decide before I record Chapter 11 tomorrow. A bit of help/opinions would be nice.

EDIT: Another benefit is that I get a bit more exp in the C14 2 turn vs possibly getting more items in C11 in the 6 turn. It's a tough choice...

Edited by Peekayell

Interesting stuff. I started playing this game again recently, so I'll be looking forward to watching your playthough and see what strategies you come up with. Which will probably be better than mine.

Hmm, no ideas/opinions on the best course of action for C11 and 14? I'll probably do Chapter 11 tomorrow, but I'm still unsure of which of the 2 I should go with.

And then there was only silence and tumbleweeds rolling by...

I've decided to take the most challenging route, which is Chapter 14 2 turn. Anyways, I was wondering, what would you like to see in the future from me?

1. An H1 (Hard) LTC video playthrough going for the lowest turns with Wifi Shop stuff included (buyable Rescue and Again staves)

or

2. An H3 LTC (Redo of the Japanese one I had back then) Video Playthrough

And then there was only silence and tumbleweeds rolling by...

I've decided to take the most challenging route, which is Chapter 14 2 turn. Anyways, I was wondering, what would you like to see in the future from me?

1. An H1 (Hard) LTC video playthrough going for the lowest turns with Wifi Shop stuff included (buyable Rescue and Again staves)

or

2. An H3 LTC (Redo of the Japanese one I had back then) Video Playthrough

you never finished your Lunatic playthrough :angry: