New Forum Software

Jyosua

I've upgraded us to the latest version of IPB. We'll have to recreate the skins and things may be a little slow for a while (the upgrade process didn't exactly go smoothly), but things should be mostly back to normal in the next week.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion: Next time, can you give the forum some warning? I thought something was up with my connection.

EDIT: A lot of other stuff needs to be fixed; looks like spoiler tags no longer work, for one.

Edited by eclipse

I'm aware of most things that need fixing already, but if you see stuff after the skins are redone (which is the last thing on my list) let me know.

I'd say a warning would've been nice, but there's a good chance I'd have missed it anyway

Doesn't look half-bad far as I can tell, but ctrl-v bumps me to a new line? Dang it now I have to go an extra space back whenever I use f or w, thus making the fact that both those keys are broken an even greater minor inconvenience

e: also dang it the numbers have returned

Also now firefox won't tell me when I've spelled something incorrectly, so now I have to paste uppercase f and w, too

*shakes fwrist limply*

Edited by Rehab

For the record, spoilers aren't broken, just spoilers with descriptions.

Not broken

[spoiler=This is an example]Broken

warning next time? I went crazy it was not letting me log in and I was going crazy don't scare me like that again.

I got scared when I saw the blue background, I thought I had accessed the wrong site. I also noticed my browser was slow in pulling up SF.

I'm aware of most things that need fixing already, but if you see stuff after the skins are redone (which is the last thing on my list) let me know.

Can you put a warning up saying that anything but the default skin may break things? I nearly did that to myself, and I was extremely lucky to have another tab open, or the site would be unusable?

I don't remember seeing a warning?

It's a little confusing, but I'll get used to it once I find out what everything means.

EDIT:

[4/13/13 7:00:40 PM] Freohr Datia: oh hey actually, just in case Jyo doesn't know, could you pretty please say in the announcement topic about how the Blue Skies (Pre 3.2) skin won't let you change skiiiiiins because I would like to be able to log back iiiiin x3

Also, what do the numbers below my "favorite FE game" mean? ?_?

Edited by Sangyul

I think I messed up with the skin changing.. so yeah, seems you can't change again after changing from the default skin. >.> Silly me... shoulda read this thread before doing anything else.

I think I messed up with the skin changing.. so yeah, seems you can't change again after changing from the default skin. >.> Silly me... shoulda read this thread before doing anything else.

If you browse on a mobile user agent, you can click "Use Mobile Version" at the bottom of the page and from there you can change back to IP Board 3.4.

AFAIK, you can change between Blue Skies, IP.Board Mobile, and IPBoard 3.4 without issues, but Blue Skies 3.2 at least locks people out of changing according to a few members.

To get out of standard Blue Skies:

It's hidden by the white.

I'm about to go test purple and SF standard.

Also, what do the numbers below my "favorite FE game" mean? ?_?

As I said before, those are your badges. That's why my says "anna" for the top one.

OK so Purple and Serenes Forest follow the Blue Skies example for getting out, as both of their options are shown as white links on white backgrounds. Rajajion Red is easier because it's white on black. AFAIK It's just Blue Skies 3.2 that is a problem skin.

Holy fucking shit Chat don't work, this new layout sucks and ME,AND GALLADE ARE THE ONLY ONES IN CHAT ABLE TO TALK THE PROGRAM FUCKED IT UP AND NOW WHO EVER JOINS CHAT HAS A BLANK SCREEN

Don't know where my friends are......

They're in your profile on the righhand side.

Or you could just click "manage friends" at the top.

Edited by Charlie

The mobile skin has dark blue text on dark blue text, so I imagine it's pretty useless for some people, just as a heads up.