New Forum Software

Jyosua

Would this be the place to report glitches with the new forum software? I'm not sure if this is because of Opera or because of this newfangled text box.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I just checked that the rest of Birthday Thanks comments (that I give them a Birthday greetings comment in my profile) were still there and I also saw that they were also showing my comments on other people's appeared to be in the Profile Feed.

Edited by King Marth 64

Also, another question. Where did the ticket system and tracker go? Did we lose all that data?

And also, the Log Out button on top doesn't let me logging out of this site and it still shows that I'm still Logged In. (I did just tried this right now)

Edited by King Marth 64

Okay, since people are doing troubleshooting dumps. . .

1. Turn off the WYSIWYG editor via the switch near the upper-left corner.

2. Edit an existing post.

3. Attempt to highlight something.

I can't highlight under those circumstances.

Bug tracker and ticket system are not compatible with the current software. I'm looking for something to replace them for now, but yeah we'll be started from scratch.

omfg what is this im all what.

My Rajaion red. :( I hope you guys can bring that back. Ohh also, i know this version of IPboard. Ive used it at westeros.org. It can be a little shaky but im sure your servers are better. Also i think this version has a reputation system that acts a lot like facebook likes. If we could have that feature, id be so thrilled!

You guys are gonna get the badges back right?

Right? *puppy eyes*

Edited by Virion

omfg what is this im all what.

My Rajaion red. :( I hope you guys can bring that back. Ohh also, i know this version of IPboard. Ive used it at westeros.org. It can be a little shaky but im sure your servers are better. Also i think this version has a reputation system that acts a lot like facebook likes. If we could have that feature, id be so thrilled!

You guys are gonna get the badges back right?

Right? *puppy eyes*

They will bring back the themes and badges. I haven't heard anything about the likes.

Aww, join date has vanished from sight. And now we have the nefarious post count in plain sight, oh no!

Is it possible, from our end or Jyosua's end, to remove that gaudy image that shows when you don't have an avatar pic/profile pic/whateveritis uploaded? Curious if I have to start avi hunting or not...

Ok, I haven't seen this anywhere else in the topic so I figured I'd point it out/ask. I use mobile a lot, and it no longer recognizes when I'm on a mobile device. Not sure if it's the phone or layout, but I've tried most of the options on my phone so it might be on your end.

Specifically the problem is that whenever I open the site it does so in the full version, forcing me to scroll to the bottom of the page and zoom to find the switch to mobile version button. This is an issue because the full site takes about three times as long to load, and then I have to wait again for it to switch. When on my phone's wireless it takes nearly a minute to go through that. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be grateful.

(Also, new mobile site looks pretty nice. I dont't mind the new site either, just wish it came in purple and avys were the right size. Seriously though, purple.)

And now we have the nefarious post count in plain sight, oh no!

wtf is wrong with being able to see post count? ffs, i always thought that not being able to see that was so pointless! Ill never understand why peeps think post count shouldnt be seen in order to prevent e-peen contests and stuff.

Also join date is able to be seen if you simply hover over the name of a user. Its not difficult at all. In fact, its hella handy.

Oh wow holy shit, I have over a thousand posts? I'd never have guessed/cared xD

I don't really care if they get rid of it again or keep it. I'm so used to seeing post count on other sites that seeing it here isn't jarring. Only jarring thing is seeing I have so MANY posts. Seriously does FFTF count posts or something? That has to be it.

Only jarring thing is seeing I have so MANY posts. Seriously does FFTF count posts or something? That has to be it.

Heehee

>Has 7000+ posts in FE4 THREAD

>postcount is in the 1900s

x3

Edited by Freohr Datia

Ok, I haven't seen this anywhere else in the topic so I figured I'd point it out/ask. I use mobile a lot, and it no longer recognizes when I'm on a mobile device. Not sure if it's the phone or layout, but I've tried most of the options on my phone so it might be on your end.

Specifically the problem is that whenever I open the site it does so in the full version, forcing me to scroll to the bottom of the page and zoom to find the switch to mobile version button. This is an issue because the full site takes about three times as long to load, and then I have to wait again for it to switch. When on my phone's wireless it takes nearly a minute to go through that. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be grateful.

(Also, new mobile site looks pretty nice. I dont't mind the new site either, just wish it came in purple and avys were the right size. Seriously though, purple.)

I am having the same experiences. I think this may be because mobile is not among the list of themes anymore, but rather a "version."

The mobile skin has been disabled, as part of the upgrade process. I really don't get why people don't understand that everything is not going to work immediately...

I am having the same experiences. I think this may be because mobile is not among the list of themes anymore, but rather a "version."

My bad. I thought the new "Use Mobile Version" was replacing the old skin.

Oh hey, the SF default skin came back! :D: The site dumped me automatically into the mobile skin, so I've been using that since the server upgrade.

EDIT: Oh hey, the black lines around my avatar are gone. YAY~!

Edited by Sangyul

Yeah when I launched the default skin I switched everyone to it. The old IPB skin is still there, if you really want to use it. I'll probably modify it into Blue Skies again.

For now there's one thing I noticed, there's no button to see what previous names of users are.

Look on the right side of their profile.