Lamia's FE4 stuff

Lamia

So could you set a weapon to accessory and give it a reasonable number of uses and you wouldn't be able to see it or does setting something as accessory prevent it from being used.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So could you set a weapon to accessory and give it a reasonable number of uses and you wouldn't be able to see it or does setting something as accessory prevent it from being used.

The chances are that doing that would either make it treat it as an accessory so make it unusable or just ignore the fact it's an accessory. Crashing's another viable option!

the item type is required to be a weapon in order to be equipped

Hey, does anyone know the offsets for the chapter names graphics? I know there are compressed and I know, I had them on my notes about FE4, but I lost my FE4 Hacking Datas when my old computer broke.

they're from $1D41A6 - 1D649D

Most of the modules in the first post won't work. I'm using the japanese rom with header.

The error is: "An error occurred while trying to load the module <name of module>. A dropbox-style element's list could of values not be opened."

• 3 months later...

How do you edit what's available in Shops?

Can it be done with a hex editor?

What are the addresses of the Shop's inventory? (Silver Sword, Silver Spear).

I would rather just use a hex editor as I don't want to install Java for the modules.

Thanks, great topic.

How do you edit what's available in Shops?

Can it be done with a hex editor?

What are the addresses of the Shop's inventory? (Silver Sword, Silver Spear).

I would rather just use a hex editor as I don't want to install Java for the modules.

Thanks, great topic.

use old nightmare if you don't want to use the new one (I still use it)

Edited by Lamia

use old nightmare if you don't want to use the new one (I still use it)
Where is the old one?

The Author's page on Romhacking.net only has v2. Thanks

Found it: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26737

I edited the shop for chapter 4 and put Tornado in the first slot, but now it won't list any of the other items for sale in-game.

Just Tornado is there in slot 1.

Found something interesting:

The following code in Zsnes lets you buy inf Tornados in Shops. It inserts it as a new item, (doesn't overwrite the others.)
You can buy as many as you want.

7E3FA904

04 as current value (code on), and 07 is shown as 'previous value'.

Hmmm

7e3fa7** (Tornado Weapon Modifier)
7e3fa8** (Tornado Usage Modifier)
7e3fac** (Tornado Kills Modifier)

So then maybe 7E3FA9 represent "Available in Current Shop"?

Edit YEP! Works with Rescue Staff too, meaning it should work with all items!

So it's (Item Usage Modifier Address) + 1 with 04 as the On Value = Inf Item in shops.
So 7e402104 for Inf Rescue Staff in any shop.

7e4020** (Rescue Staff Usage Modifier)
7e4025** (Recover Staff Weapon Modifier)
7e4026** (Recover Staff Usage Modifier)

Here are the current codes for reference - click ''Show".
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39566#entry2366377

Now I'm looking at Storage Codes:

The Following puts inf 'Alec Iron Swords' in Alec's Storage as long as the code is on. (must already be in storage)

7e3d8d02

If you sell a bunch of them to the pawn shop it will only show 1 as for sale. but still better than none.

Here are the current codes for reference - click ''Show".
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39566#entry2366377

Hmm doesn't list items like rings...

However the Address for the next item is + 6 in Hex. (not sure for all items)

For example: 7e40a504 Gives Inf Life Rings for sale in any shop. Edited by Balcerzak

somehow I doubt it's a reliable code, I'm guessing it's inserting the same item number repeatedly

you'll probably find that the 'copies' share the same amount of durability and kills, and that when you soft reset only one will remain

also: quintuple post? really?

I edited the shop for chapter 4 and put Tornado in the first slot, but now it won't list any of the other items for sale in-game.

Just Tornado is there in slot 1.

don't modify shop item numbers. FE4's inventory system is different from other FEs due to the repair, inheritance, and kill count features. use the FE4 Player Weapon Editor to modify the contents of the item list instead, which the list contains all available items for the player

Edited by Lamia

The shop code items are still there after reload/reset (using save states)

Have the weapon durability code on when you do it. This gives 50 to each item.

Edit: Sorry for the double--posting, I didn't know that rule.

But hey give me credit for finding a way to inject new items into the game via RAM. It's a pretty big deal, to me anyway.

Just want to re-iterate that you should have this code on when you add items to shops.

Weapon uses don't go down 87E111EA

This may also help to have on : Infinite actions per turn 84CB33BF

Edited by Alph

• 2 weeks later...

Help

The items are separated by +6 in hex.

I want to write 04 as the ON value ie 7e3d8b04 but then write 04 to every address that is +6 in hex, so the next address would be 7E3D91, and then write 04 to that address, and so forth, say for the next 100 addresses. This should make every item available in the shop at once.

7e3d8b04 being the first item Alec's Ironsword.

I know that SNES Action Replay has a way of doing this, as part of the code format.
I don't get these Instructions: http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/6328-NDS-Action-Replay-Code-Types

Edit: those instructions are for NDS, I need the SNES equivalent.

Edited by Alph

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your updates! I really appreciate it! :D

BTW, unlike what you said in your OP, I do care about FE4 ;)

Edited by OliKad

• 4 weeks later...

item numbers in reference to anything related to items you receive use the player item list (including events) so use the Player Weapon Editor to modify the items you receive

for example find holsety in the list and change it to a different item

the item list's contents won't change in your playthrough until you reload a save so be sure to remember to do that in the future

Edited by Lamia

23 minutes ago, Lamia said:

item numbers in reference to anything related to items you receive use the player item list (including events) so use the Player Weapon Editor to modify the items you receive

for example find holsety in the list and change it to a different item

the item list's contents won't change in your playthrough until you reload a save so be sure to remember to do that in the future

Thank you. :)

Would I have to change anything at all in weapon/staff editor 1?

I'm fairly certain that if the weapon is a holy weapon and isn't Holsety, Valkyrie or Ichieval (maybe the Gae Bolg too,) it won't be inherited in gen 2, so keep that in mind.  Unless someones found a workaround for that.

Edited by General Horace

I've run into my first major glitch. Everything is peachy up until chapter 1 when Elliot's units show up. The cut-scenes are all fine, Eldigan is chatting with Lachesis but then when the screens pans out for his units to exit his castle as allied/yellow units then the game freezes and blanks out. Has anyone have had a similar experience to this and if so, what edit is likely the cause behind it? Currently, I saved right before I capture the first castle and I'm going back and forth between the game and the editor.

In my game, I made Eldigan a playable unit that appears later in the game. However, I don't think it should be causing issues in chapter 1 so my suspicion is that it's something else entirely. 

3 hours ago, General Horace said:

I'm fairly certain that if the weapon is a holy weapon and isn't Holsety, Valkyrie or Ichieval (maybe the Gae Bolg too,) it won't be inherited in gen 2, so keep that in mind.  Unless someones found a workaround for that.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I haven't played the binary mods but don't one of them feature Tiltyu and her holy weapon? 

5 hours ago, General Horace said:

I recall there being a string of values which decided which holy weapons could be passed down. Altenna has the Gae Bolg regardless, but I think the other three are all set to specifically be able to be passed down.

EDIT: I think it's also done by item ID value rather than weapon editor slot, so just using their slots wouldn't work.

Edited by Shin

1 hour ago, not_so_bueno said:

I've run into my first major glitch. Everything is peachy up until chapter 1 when Elliot's units show up. The cut-scenes are all fine, Eldigan is chatting with Lachesis but then when the screens pans out for his units to exit his castle as allied/yellow units then the game freezes and blanks out. Has anyone have had a similar experience to this and if so, what edit is likely the cause behind it? Currently, I saved right before I capture the first castle and I'm going back and forth between the game and the editor.

In my game, I made Eldigan a playable unit that appears later in the game. However, I don't think it should be causing issues in chapter 1 so my suspicion is that it's something else entirely.

units that cannot reach a destination during an event where they spawn and walk will cause a crash on spawning, for one of the following reasons

- the class has 0 movement (long arches)
 - the unit is given a destination on an unwalkable terrain tile for their class
 - the unit is given a destination past impassable terrain and cannot path

if you've been fiddling with him or his army or the map itself I would suggest rechecking

Edited by Lamia