Excel sheet for attack proc skills

Deshiva

So i made this very crude excel sheet that was intended to just be for me, i figured i might as well share it.

It's very simple and somewhat clunky to use but it should be nobrainer on how it works and how to use it, any questions just ask.

No im not adding Sol, might add Lethality. But my main concern with this sheet was comparing the main damage proc skills to see wich would be most optimal.

I'm not going to claim this will be 100 % accurate but it should be pretty close.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?j9bsb2ejwit1t2g

9aqggh5aosnj15z6g.jpg

Nope i didn't plan placements at all, so it looks pretty messy right now. Probably going to rearrange some boxes so it become more clear and easier on the eye.

"Edit"

Realised I should move the brave weapon and double boxes, because i had the double part set to automatically change depending on speed versus enemy. And typing in the box wrecked that.. So rearranged thoose and a couple of other boxes to look better

"Edit2"

Fixed the preview to display the new arrangement

"Edit3"

Changes to the sheet thanks to feedback from Airship Canon

Astra formula corrected

Proc rate for Ignis corrected

Negative numbers should now be shown as 0 in all results

Edited by Deshiva

...Why do I see negative numbers?

You goofed up big time with Astra.

Ignis has a 50% Proc rate at 50 SKL.

Hmm maybe formulas got wonked when i moved things around, but could be some mistakes. I'll take a look at it, thank you for the feedback

"edit"

Proc rate and Astra formulas where just mistakes by me that have now been hopefully corrected.Thanks again : )

Edited by Deshiva

While it looks quite all right, but it takes an approach to the skills counting with the enemy's stats. You should take several posible enemie, and take only enemy defense and avoid and ally damage output (STR/MGC and weapon might) and hit rate. Number of hits isn't important. You could also value the critical hit rate, and measure average and max damage output. There are many other factors to see which is better, but activation rate is a major factor. Not factoring criticals, the formula for the average damage would be:

AvDam=(1-Activation)*RegDam+Activation*SklDamage

For each skill, this would mean:

• Astra: AvDam=0.75*40+0.25*100=55
  • Ignis: AvDam=0.50*40+0.50*63=51.5~51
  • Luna: AvDam=0.50*40+0.50*50=45
  • Vengeance: AvDam=1.00*65=65
  • Aether: AvDam=0.75*40+0.25*90=52.5~52

This doesn't factor however the ally's HP, since Vengeance leaves you with max 40HP (assuming you have the skill HP+5 and using a temporary boost), and Aether recovers 20 each time it triggers.

I'm not sure i understand what you think i should do instead of the current set up, if im reading it right it sounds like you think it should instead make it possible to add several enemies and their stats and only use bare minimum stats from the attacker to calculate?

How number of hits isn't important im not sure, considering it's the reason brave weapons outclass most things in the game. And since you mention average damage that will also be bloated thanks to number of hits being higher either due to double and brave or both. You are free to edit the sheet i have to fit your own preference if you wish though.

Average damage is a nice thing to calculate and thoose formulas look good, i could add thoose i suppose.

Number of hits isn't important when you want to know which skill is best. If you get to attack twice, you'd deal twice as much damage, but it won't affect which skill is better for a given character. It's very important in game, but not at all to choose the best skill for a character. I'm quite good with Excel, at least good enough for my boss to ask me to do certain tasks. I'll make some things to show you what I mean, but it may take me some time.

I see, i think i understand what you mean. In that view my sheet is more for maximum potential not counting criticals, since it's nowhere guaranteed to get another proc just because of another attack.

So yes that would be great, time isn't any issue really. Will be interesting to see it once you are done. I'm pretty novice with excel to be frank, barely knew i had it on my computer until some weeks ago.

You may have a look here:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=62AE8ADE5D2E7210!975&authkey=!AB38BBQUAJARpLk

It doesn't look very dashing but it's ok. I used the HM Dread Lords from chapter 22 as test subjects and used the average damage they're dealt. I used 99 damage as the damage output for Lethalilty and finally didn't factor critical, double strikes or hit rate. There are two vengeance, one that factors the damage you decide, and the other the damage you'd take from a normal hit from the enemy.

That was fast, i'll take a proper look when i get on my computer. Will edit this for comments

"Edit"

Wow that is very nice work, but i think your ignis formula is wrong? Actually checking it again it seems your formula for ignis just points to the wrong target when it adds the extra mag or str, yes it always points to the cells to the left of the current enemy instead of the players stats.

For example

Ally vs cells i and j. Anguilla and Equus

The ignis damage for Equus is for some reason calculated using Anguilla's str or mag wich makes it odd. This seems to be the case for every enemy except the first one.

Another thing i noticed is that there is no dragonstone or beaststones, but thoose are sorta irrelevant unless you face streetpass teams.

How did you add thoose drop down choice boxes? I tried to make thoose myself for my sheet when i first made it but didn't manage to figure it out.

Overall fantastic work, just ignis a bit messed up.

Edited by Deshiva

It was fast and I didn't double check everything, but now that you mention it, it happens in quite a lot of places. I didn't lock some cells in both ways (some of the ones that pointed the weapon type), that was the problem. I've fixed that. I'm uploading now.

http://sdrv.ms/104RrVg

About the drop down lists, you'd better check this: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/create-a-drop-down-list-HA102809802.aspx?CTT=1

Hmm what version of excel you got? I can't find this data tab or data validation either, might be because mine is just starter edition.

And again great work. : )