Remember those monster classes back in sacred stones? (If you played it that is, sorry if you haven't). Those felt awesome the first time I saw them, and don't get me started on the upgrades, I mean, DEATHGOYLE, it doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. I feel as if they could have made a triumphant return in awakening, beyond the simple revenant and entombed variety, althouh the nod is appreciated. Instead of having a mercenary with a goofy risen mask, you could have had a big ol' skeleton warrior thing with a sword charging around with some great name, like bonewalker, or something. I don't know, I enjoyed sacred stones way to much, I like the idea at least. I am curious though, how would you fell if all the little risen were replaced by some good old fashioned wight creatures, if you like it, what would you replace some of the classes with for said creatures?

Well, since in this game the monsters are pretty much zombies as opposed to SS' ancient monsters, creatures wouldn't really have fit in. But I would have liked the skeleton dudes back and more "original" enemies, yeah.

Well, since in this game the monsters are pretty much zombies as opposed to SS' ancient monsters, creatures wouldn't really have fit in. But I would have liked the skeleton dudes back and more "original" enemies, yeah.

Yeah, I suppose I'd have to agree on the whole ancient monsters idea. I guess I felt as if, in most circumstances, that the risen come out of nowhere, and could've been anything in the past. All but the good old "Death's Embrace" DLC of course.

Risen riding wolves? Imagine one riding a Gwyllgi. Especially that monstrosity from Death's Embrace.

I'm now sad, I want fanart of a risen chief riding a gwyllgi...

It must be somewhere...

What a cool idea that'd be though, they'd be like zombie-cavaliers

Hmm. While I enjoyed the monsters in FE8, I agree that they wouldn't exactly fit for the Risen. However, it would be nice if the Blessed Bow/Lance had more things it could hit for bonus damage, as it seems kinda wasteful the way it is now...

also the Falchion's bonus damage vs Shadow Dragons wasn't utilized enough, I want some Draco Zombies

Dracozombies.

Zombiebunnies.

Those.

In the case of the former, I do mean Dracozombie, not Risen!Manakete. AKA: They have Flier Movement, and have Wretched-SCREW-YOUR-DEFENSES-Air, and high stats.

Most of the monsters were boring and bad compared to default classes. (Wights in particular, but Deathgoyles are merely Wyvern Riders/Pegs Knights who look different, etc. Gorgons were Sages/Druids, Mogalls laid the ground work for Dark Fliers, but DFs stomp Mogalls everywhere.)

Spiders, maybe. They were mostly different from everything.

Dracozombies.

Zombiebunnies.

Those.

In the case of the former, I do mean Dracozombie, not Risen!Manakete. AKA: They have Flier Movement, and have Wretched-SCREW-YOUR-DEFENSES-Air, and high stats.

Most of the monsters were boring and bad compared to default classes. (Wights in particular, but Deathgoyles are merely Wyvern Riders/Pegs Knights who look different, etc. Gorgons were Sages/Druids, Mogalls laid the ground work for Dark Fliers, but DFs stomp Mogalls everywhere.)

Spiders, maybe. They were mostly different from everything.

What about those Mauthe Doogs/Gwyllgi? Those were fast but weak, and had mounted movement. Sort of like a fast moving SM/Thief.

And then the Gorgons had their own niche with Stone (until you steal it and use it to give your Sages/whatever a D rank in Dark Magic).

• 4 weeks later...

I think a bigger mix of both would have helped. I think everyone felt as if the Blessed Bow/Lance's super effectiveness was wasted. And just because they decided to go with zombies doesn't mean they still couldn't have used both. I mean the zombieish nature of the risen has little to do with the game's story. The risen could have been any form of monster and nothing much would have changed.

Well, Skeleton definitely should have been there...

And I agree with Draco Zombie. Hell... DracoZombie Grima would be awesome.

Just give them high base stats, except Speed (and possibly skill), Dragonskin and Expiration, and I'd be perfectly happy.

They should have also added Risen manakete and Risen taguels.... Honnestly, I was waiting for this since the introduction of Palne.

So, IS, you know what to do for your Idoun DLC...

Edited by TendaSlime

Since Risen are technically zombies that were originally fallen people (deadlords are proof of this), the Risen were most likely that class in their lives aswell. It makes more sense to put them in human classes than in monster classes like in SS.

Risen Taguel would've maken sense though, considering the slain warren.

Edited by The Fush

Since Risen are technically zombies that were originally fallen people (deadlords are proof of this), the Risen were most likely that class in their lives aswell. It makes more sense to put them in human classes than in monster classes like in SS.

Risen Taguel would've maken sense though, considering the slain warren.

And So would Dracozombies (fallen Manakete, they may be rare, but they do exist.)