Inheritance time

cloudropis

Ok, I'm at the start of chap 5. I did the suggested pairings in the site, and I'm not sure about what rings to inherite to whom. So far I thought:

Dew Return Ring because I heard Patty is in a nasty situation when she joins, maybe power ring too.

Sigurd Elite Ring so his son can become Sigurd 2.0 ASAP.

Fury defence ring. She's giving the Hero Lance too.

Azel Speed Ring and Tiltyu Magic Ring, so they're flaws are covered and their children might like them too.

Levin Leg Ring... A bit wasted I think, not sure.

Lachesis and Beowulf... Well, I really don't know. He's got Clipper, Cutter and a Silver Sword, I think he might like the power ring too, and they've lot of money so they can buy pretty much everything you suggest.

Aira Knight Ring... Heh, whatever.

So I'm thinking a little before playing... I have things like Pursuit Ring, Thunder Sword, Horseslayer and such onto unmarried characters, so I'd like suggetions about them too.

Well, the game is insanely easy, so it doesn't matter much.

But personally, I absolutely love to give both the Return Ring and the Rescue stuff to Lachesis, so that Nanna can teleport the entire Team Leaf past the invisible barrier to team up with the main army once they run out of enemies on their side.

And I always make sure that the Thunder Sword or any other magic sword ends in Patty's hands because it is absurdly very powerful and targets res, despite being a C-Rank weapon. So she can steal stuff without getting her fragile butt into melee range.

And it allows her to actually deal some damage in case you want to actually train her.

I have no idea about the Pursuit Ring. Kinda looks to me that everyone but Patty will already have Pursuit. Will Lester need it?

But what I would like to note is, that it should be inherited by somebody because unlike pretty much any other item or weapon, it will not reappear in the second generation otherwise.

Edited by BrightBow

Basically what BrightBow says.

Pursuit Ring should go to Aideen's husband if he does not have Pursuit, otherwise give it to Dew.

Thunder Sword to Dew

Horseslayer to Fury (it's not that important though)

If there are any swords or rings left to buy, let Lachesis or Beowulf buy them.

It might also help to give Sigurd the hero sword so Celice can ORKO the bandits in chap 6.

As for the pursuit ring, if Lester doesn't need it, then I'd say give it to anyone you think might need money so they can sell it and have Leaf or one of the axe bros buy it.

I didn't think about safe stealing with a ranged sword, I'm probabily gonna buy Dew the Thunder Sword and Return Ring. Sadly, he can't permit to buy the pursuit ring too, especially because I was thinking about giving him the power ring too. Well, Patty doesn't live for damage, I might even skip that one. BTW, is Gen2 heavily horse-dependent like Gen1, or somewhat less?

Aideen's husband is Claude, he soesn't have much money because Reserve Staff. I heard Corple is pretty bad because of late joining time, is wasting all my money on the Pursuit Ring be worth? I'm trying to get it passed down anyway, I don't know if Aless has pursuit, so I don't really wanna lose it... I don't care much about the Johan/Johalva brothers or whatever.

Man, I should've really bought it with Ethlin. Now, does Patty really need the Pursuit Ring to survive, or is Shanan's manly presence enough? If that's so, I can give the Ring to Lachesis like BB said.

Just as. It generally comes down to Celice and Leaf, whenever they get promoted, and Aless rushing things while everyone else cleans up.

Patty should be fine. Shanan with Balmung should be able to handle the enemies that chase them pretty easily, provided the RNG doesn't screw you. I've honestly never had a problem keeping Patty alive. Just have her hide in a corner.

The Pursuit Ring is useless on Corple, even after promotion he won't fight much.

It's fairly easy to keep Patty away from the enemies in chapter 7. If Dew can only afford one of the Return Ring and Pursuit Ring, I'd choose Pursuit Ring.

Usually I just have Briggid's husband pass down the Return Ring to Patty so she can return to the castle and abandon Shanan (he can actually survive without the Balmung, and I mainly play FE4 for drafts these days and I don't use Shanan, but if I wasn't a jerk I'd make Patty use the ring after giving Shanan his sword). That way she can level up in the arena with sleep sword aboose and be closer to your main party for potentially more EXP.

Leif likes the Pursuit Ring a lot, as does Lester if he doesn't have a dad with Pursuit, but it seems your Lester won't be too good because Claude's his father. Seliph and Leen both like the Leg Ring, but Leen would probably have better use for that and the Knight Ring so she can catch up to your mounts.

It's all set, I'm only dubious about the Return Ring: Lachesis or Dew? Lachesis or Dew?

Well, I'mma throwing a coin. I spent two days thinking about it, I want to play!

So.... Lachesis that is! And that's the most clever thing to do in the long run, she can sell it to repaire her stuff.

Patty doesn't need a Return Ring. She's in a rough starting position but there's zero problem in keeping her alive. I've never had Patty even attacked whereas I've had Shanan get hit by low hit rates and die.

Patty doesn't need a Return Ring. She's in a rough starting position but there's zero problem in keeping her alive. I've never had Patty even attacked whereas I've had Shanan get hit by low hit rates and die.

She doesn't need it, but I like giving it to her anyway for the reasons I stated.

Yeah, rocking on on Chap 5! I would really like to say this is my favourite FE... But it has too... much... stupid flaws... What a pity! If only I'd be able hack something...

I'll probably gonna check some of those other patches.

/random thoughts

I'm gonna re-use this topic because it's inherent to the whole Return Ring thing.

I heard the final reinforcements come from both Darna and Alster, so when I should return the Lenster people to regroup with the others? At first I have to defend against the first waves of armors, and after taking Melgen I'll get other enemies from Alster... Regrouping wouldn't leave Lenster defenceless?

You lose nothing by letting the enemy capture Lenster. The bulk of the enemy waves will move towards your forces at Melgen. You'll also be attacked by a fair amount of mounted units of different classes from Darna. Ares will be among them and he will automatically defect to your side, either on the same turn he arrives on or on the next turn, I can't remember which. He starts a fair distance away from the other mounted units so getting him away from them is no problem. Deal with the mounted units first while the foot units consisting of the 3 Mage Sisters, Tinny/Teeny and a few magic users make their way towards you.

If you have everyone at Lenster return to you home castle then have them regroup before you capture Melgen.

Basically what BrightBow says.

Thunder Sword to Dew

If Dew got the Wind sword, there's no need to do this and you can give the Thunder Sword to Fee or Nanna (or Azel!Delmud, but that isn't part of this conversation).

Everyone gains 1000 gold for each castle under your control at the end of each chapter. I forget whether it counts Lenster in chapter 7, though.

Castles being destroyed will affect your ranking at the end of the game but nobody cares about that.