What's your favorite build for your avatars?

Favorite builds.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Male

2. 2. Female

Female build 3, voice 3, short, purple hair, always named Dianne.

Voices 2 and 3 tore me for a bit when I first played the game, but the moment I heard voice 3's "Here's how it's done!", I couldn't live without it.

+Sp / -Str produces god-tier Lucina with fucking 23 base speed who solos her join chapter.

I almost never pick the female player character in games because I usually think of the character as me, but I did it this time on first play for story reasons and simply put, I love it.

Ironically, it's the other way around for me - I have more of a tendency to use a female character in games, but I seem to have a preference for having a male avatar in this game.

Edited by Levant Fortner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else at first think that this thread would be about avatars stats and such?

Anyways, I don't like either of the build 3s. I like to pretend the avatar isn't a 25+ year old character :3

Hmm hm. I use all deh builds, except for male build 3 (outside of one time I played around and made a DK MaMU). He's just awks(scariest rageface in the game too. Shoulda had him marry Noire instead of Emm). Male 1 is the first thing you see for promo material, so fine with that. Male 2 you can give male or female Morgan's hair (I gave my Luci-marrying MU file guy the female Morgan style with FE protagonist colored hair). Female 1 gets awesome spikey hair and headbands and such, Female 2 gets an eye patch and also cool hair that makes me remember my days playing Rusty Hearts; Female 3 gets a nice commanding female vibe. Have half an urge to salute one in my head whenever I make one.

Oh yeah, Male 1 was awesome for my favorite file (Aversa love file). We both had coolio face markings.

Edited by Only My Unit

• 2 weeks later...

Build 3 for both.

The male version is older, and I like that. It feels more fatherly...I guess. I wanted to deviate from the normally younger versions of main characters you see on most RPGS. (Believe me, if I could've added a beard, I would have..) Besides, he's way more muscular, and that fits my all melee combat class build favoritism.

Female because once again, it looks older and more mature. I'm not even talking about her bigger bust either. It's that stance. Know how Sully puts her arms on her hips? Same reason I chose build 3. She looks like she doesn't take shit from anyone. Fits my reclassing her into a Myrmidon anyway.

Male Build 1. He's tall, but not overly so and I dislike build 3's face/hair options. (I'm boring and do shamless self insert so I go Build 1 Avatar with hair option 2 and color 17.)

For Asset and Flaw it's +Strength -Defense so that my Avatar's flaw hardly affects my Avatar's stat caps. (This set up gives my Avatar +4 strength +2 skill and -1 to defense, luck, and resistance.) It also allows for a stupid powerful Severa (+6 strength modifier) and a great mixed attacking Morgan. (Valfame compensates for her magic modifier of 0)

If I ever did a run with a female Avatar it would just be generic build 1.

Edited by Kamina

Build 1 or 2 for male, I think I go with build 2. I like build 3 for FeMU -- not because of the boobs, but I like the more mature look. It's hard for me to go FeMU, but next time I will probably go with dat loli.

FeMU: build 2, face 1, hair 2, hair color 6/11/16 and (Japanese) voice 2.

MaMU: build 1, face 1, hair 5, hair color 5/9 and (Japanese) voice 2.

I choose a pretty generic face, I guess.

Edited by Teddy Bear

Everyone seems to love build 1 for both genders. No love for build 3 male. :(

But build 3 Male is so awesome! Somehow I can only imagine MU being Build 3, Voice 3. It's the only build I can take seriously for Male MU.

I'd like it if it didn't look so lackluster >_>

I prefer build 1 for male, mostly because that one looks to closest to Chrom in age and I always have imagined them to be very close in years.

I typically go for build 1 for girls, since I like ponytails and it looked like all the long-haired options for build three had horrible clipping in the front (if I can figure out a way to have a long-haired build 3 without that problem, though, I'd probably do that because assertiveness and she looks like a girl who would throw a rock at Chrom's head)

I prefer build 1 for male, mostly because that one looks to closest to Chrom in age and I always have imagined them to be very close in years.

I typically go for build 1 for girls, since I like ponytails and it looked like all the long-haired options for build three had horrible clipping in the front (if I can figure out a way to have a long-haired build 3 without that problem, though, I'd probably do that because assertiveness and she looks like a girl who would throw a rock at Chrom's head)

Also, with build 1, I could marry the likes of Ricken or Lissa without it looking overly strange. And having thought about it, I just don't really like some of the other builds' hair options.

FeMU is an easy one. Build 2 has eyepatch, freckles, and awesome hair. What more is there to love? The others certianly have their ups, but they just can't compete with freckles for me. Plus if miss freckles were to ever open those eyes of hers you just know all hell will break loose! Build 1 does have the circlet though. However, circlet vs eyepatch. That is what I thought. Plus the circlet is a bit dull as far as circlets go.

As for MaMU. That one is tough. Once again there are things I like from all three builds. I like the general feel of build 3, but something seems lack luster in the face department. Build 2 has some nice options but in general doesn't appeal to me as much as build 1. So I went for Build 1, but both 2 and 3 were hot on its tail. Far closer than the FeMU anyways.

• 4 weeks later...