The children's ages

So I've been trying to figure out the ages of the Children characters nd this is about all I've got:

• Lucina is the oldest child, sice she is the only one born before the Valm arc, and also whoever her siblig is is younger than her.
  • Morgan(M/F) is the youngest child, since in his/her C support with his/her sibling, They state she is younger. The only way this could work is if she was younger than everyone else.
  • Lucina is about a year old at the start of the Valm arc.

Does anyone have any ideas/know something I don't?

Don't forget Time Travel™. Regardless of their birth time, the children showed up at different points, and aged during the current timeline. "Marth" put on a couple years after showing up in Ch1, for example.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Laurent is actually the oldest because he was sent back in time five years before everyone else, I believe. Lucina was born first, though, IIRC.

None of the kids appear to me to be under the age of 16.

Lucina is still a newborn when the Valm arc starts. She's not a year old. Chrom says so himself. "Lucina is still newly born!" I think she's two months old at the most when the Valm arc starts. There's Chrom's line about her being a newborn and the fact that her mother is completely recovered from the birth.

But yeah, Laurent is the oldest cause he came back in time first. Gerome probably came back before Lucina too because he looks older than her.

Laurent is actually the oldest because he was sent back in time five years before everyone else, I believe. Lucina was born first, though, IIRC.

Yep, definitely not in their teenage age (at least for the boys)

They probably around their early 20 (Owain, Brady, Laurent)

While the girls shoul at least in their late 18

Well, that just me who like to ramp up everybody's age (especially in Japanese game) to match up with their skills.

• Morgan(M/F) is the youngest child, since in his/her C support with his/her sibling, They state she is younger. The only way this could work is if she was younger than everyone else.

Not really true. All this shows is that for whatever pairing you make, Morgan is the younger sibling. You can't extrapolate that to every possible Morgan, since only one pairing is true at a time.

As an aside, I've always assumed Severa is one of the youngest. I'm not entirely sure why, but her appearance, and some of the things she says make me think she's likely about 12-13, while most of the other children are about 15-18 (maybe 20 for Laurent)

My guess

Laurent 21-22

Lucy, Gerome 19

Severa, Kjelle, Inigo, Nah 18

Owain, Brady, Yarne, Noire 17

Cynthia, Morgan 16

But Nah could be anywhere in that range really. Also if official ages were ever given they'd probably be like 14-20 instead cuz Japan likes young characters but that doesn't seem believable to me.

I think I missed something. When did it say that the children characters came separately? I thought they came at the same time and were separated.

I think I missed something. When did it say that the children characters came separately? I thought they came at the same time and were separated.

In Laurent's support with his dad he says he arrived years before Lucina did which is why he is older despite being born after her. Not sure if it says anything about the other kids but it does seem like some have been around longer considering their paralogues (for example, Severa seems to know Holland pretty well but Nah apparently just arrived in the manor)

I think we can assume they left the future at the same time but entered the past at different places/moments.

Edited by Owain Dark

ahh, the joys of time travel. Upon having the magic cast on them, its inaccurate nature would innately send each of them to different times. They would probably end up in the same place the others appear in, but for the purpose of the time each of them reappeared in they might as well have been transported to different locations. More than likely it wasn't intentional that they separated-- they probably didn't know when or even where the others would reappear so they left to do their own things to attempt to stop Grima from reviving. (is my theory)

An issue with working out the ages is the changes to the timeline, as the war with Plegia went on a lot longer before Lucina went back.

But it would be overlapping with the war with Valm, since Walhart had already taken several countries on the other continent by the time Emmeryn was assassinated in the original timeline. The proof is that Virion was in Ylisse from the start, which means Walhart was moving and he isn't the kind of man who would wait for a war to end and the countries heal their wounds to take them. What I mean is that it wouldn't matter when or how long took the Plegian war in the original timeline, since the Valmese army would land at Regna Ferox at the same time in both timelines.

ahh, the joys of time travel. Upon having the magic cast on them, its inaccurate nature would innately send each of them to different times. They would probably end up in the same place the others appear in, but for the purpose of the time each of them reappeared in they might as well have been transported to different locations. More than likely it wasn't intentional that they separated-- they probably didn't know when or even where the others would reappear so they left to do their own things to attempt to stop Grima from reviving. (is my theory)

Sounds plausible to me.

Laurent says "older than Lucina at this point I suspect". He only THINKS he might be older than Lucina. D: Might being the key word here. Just to be different, I still say Lucina is the eldest of all the future children. Here are my guesses on their ages:

Lucina: 19

Morgan (both): 15

Owain: 17

Inigo: 16

Brady: 17

Kjelle: 18

Cynthia: 16

Severa: 17

Gerome: 19

Yarne: 17

Laurent: 19

Noire: 19

Nah: 15

Edited by Faye

Laurent says "older than Lucina at this point I suspect". He only THINKS he might be older than Lucina. D: Might being the key word here. Just to be different, I still say Lucina is the eldest of all the future children. Here are my guesses on their ages:

Lucina: 21

Morgan (both): 15

Owain: 17

Inigo: 16

Brady: 17

Kjelle: 18

Cynthia: 16

Severa: 17

Gerome: 19

Yarne: 17

Laurent: 19

Noire: 19

Nah: 15

Lucina's older than Chrom, you heard it here first

Lucina's older than Chrom, you heard it here first

8U I derped a bit. I forgot about Chrom's official age. Fixed, I think.

Worth noting: according to their conversation in... Harvest Scramble, I think? Nah and Morgan(F) - and probably Morgan(M) by extension, dunno if it's stated for him - are roughly the same age.

I find it interesting that everyone places Nah as the youngest to second youngest even though in her support with Laurent she says she's just stuck at that appearance, implying she's already older than she looks.

I find it interesting that everyone places Nah as the youngest to second youngest even though in her support with Laurent she says she's just stuck at that appearance, implying she's already older than she looks.

Well, she's a Manakete after all...

Worth noting: according to their conversation in... Harvest Scramble, I think? Nah and Morgan(F) - and probably Morgan(M) by extension, dunno if it's stated for him - are roughly the same age.

True. But Morgan is generally consider younger than most of the cast, no ?

Morgan didn't travel back in time with the rest of them so that age should vary considerable even with the time travel thing. Half-Manakete Morgan should be a lot older than then the rest of the children for example.

Do we know how old Sumia is? Sumia and Cynthia said they're about the same age in their support.

• 1 year later...

When chrom talks to Lucina, she said that they left together but where seperated. I would assume by time instead of location based on other support conversations. Now based on how Laurent seems pretty well built, considering his rather broad shoulders. Adding this to his pronounced facial features suggest a fully developed skull, I'd say he is in his early (23) to late-mid (27) twenties. Gerome defiantly seems older than him 25-28. Lastly the other children seem vastly younger than them based on their portraits,so I would say at least a 5 year difference, with 10 years for the youngest.