Serenes Forest Theme Banner Contest

Jyosua

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making sure, is this gonna be the banner for the default Serenes Forest green? (I.e.are the alt theme banners to stay blank, take this contest's winner, or is something different altogether going to happen?)

No promises but I'm gonna give it a try (for sweet publicity).

"The banner must blend well with our current Serenes Forest theme."

I presume the answer is yes

Oh yeah, should I post about this contest on the main site?

Why wouldn't you Edited by OldMan

Why wouldn't you

I dunno, in case we get too many entries? Yeah... right.

I mean if Jyosua wanted me to, he could have asked earlier or maybe he did and I missed it or put it on the front page himself : P

But I'm mainly asking because at this moment I'm too busy to do anything else, except ask.

Edited by VincentASM

Actually yeah, that'd be great. I thought about adding it myself, but then I got distracted and forgot about it. XD

Also, I could just give away a $50 gift card of the participant's choice, but I was trying to keep it Fire Emblem themed. ;_;

Perhaps that would be a suitable alternative?

Back in my time, this kind of contest wouldn't even have prizes
Though I admit the entries were pretty bad too

Why do you think I'm giving a prize away? That and I'd like to generate some activity, so I thought a contest every now and then might not be a bad idea. XD

Actually yeah, that'd be great.

Also, I could just give away a $50 gift card of the participant's choice, but I was trying to keep it Fire Emblem themed. ;_;

Perhaps that would be a suitable alternative?

I'd say keep it Awakening or the Book of Iris. Considering you want it to be FE themed and all. Those of us who do have Awakening can give it to a less fortunate friend etc if we want. That's my take on it.

Edited by Jedi

You could just do it like this

"One choice out of these three:

- FE13

- Artbook

- 20 bucks"

The fixed prizes should be more valuable than the money/gift card prize, lest it becomes a no-brainer

You could just do it like this

"One choice out of these three:

- FE13

- Artbook

- 20 bucks"

The fixed prizes should be more valuable than the money/gift card prize, lest it becomes a no-brainer

Option 4:

become a moderator on the forum

edit: oh wait you said worth more than the cash prize

Edited by Tangerine

lZcgj.png

No that's not an option. XD

We could let whoever wins decide in detail what to do with our word filters, then.

I don't know why you are so opposed to my clearly harmless suggestions!

Why not offer various FE merchandise then? D: Like the Knights of Iris, or the soundtrack, or the Drama CDs... If not, maybe toys or something. Come to think of it, are there toy FE merchandises, like plushies or figures (not counting the icky Tharja one).

There's the FE 3/4 figures (which are within the $50 mark on eBay), and other games in the series. Promo posters and other swag's there too, but at not so great a price value.

Getting winner's theme of reasonable choice closer to completion could've been a prime motivator/prize. Then again, I guess the main point of the contest is to get just SF Green done, not create a lot of hype/drama behind color factions.

[Edit: double-checked prize prices on eBay, and also found this legendary coffee cup.]

Edited by Lenh

I was wondering cause my banner is done what do you mean by "preview"? my banner is pretty fancy but it's just a foresty pic with words and Leanne on it..I have no idea if mine fits the bill..

become a moderator on the forum

The whole point of a prize is to encourage people to do something, not discourage them. -_-

/wins the banner contest

/gets $20 from Jyoshua

/uses the twenty bucks to bribe Jyoshua to make me admin

/????

/profit

... You're going to have him promote you with no profit at all?

o hey i remember the first contest that was ages ago.

i'll try again

just kidding this is way too hard and i suck lol

Edited by Eltoshen

Daaaaahhhh!!

*************!!!

I. HAVE. TO. JOIN.

*kills myself*

I am going to join. I am probably the only one here who has a 3DS but doesn't have Awakening yet so this is really a great opportunity! I have a European-region 3DS, and from Asia so I can't buy any games from where I live.

Please I am going to join so don't cancel the contest

Oh god I have to learn fancy HTML, CSS, and Javascript immediately

Anybody have a picture of the old banner? The one that "doesn't work". Might try my hand at this.

Yes, anyone? I would like to see the picture of the old banner too...

Edited by tacticianjenro

I'd say keep it Awakening or the Book of Iris. Considering you want it to be FE themed and all. Those of us who do have Awakening can give it to a less fortunate friend etc if we want. That's my take on it.

Agree with Jedi, a less fortunate one like me.

Also, drafters should be encouraged as well

8D

edit: May the force be with you Jediiiiiiiiiii!

Also, nice idea Jyosua ^^

Edited by Quintessence

I'm interested in this, but I have a question regarding the price. Since I live in Brazil and there are no copies of FEA around here, are you going to ship it or just send me 50 USD so I can buy the digital copy (if I win, of course)?

And it's been a looong time since I actually do something with Photoshop, this will be tough. =P

I'm interested in this, but I have a question regarding the price. Since I live in Brazil and there are no copies of FEA around here, are you going to ship it or just send me 50 USD so I can buy the digital copy (if I win, of course)?

And it's been a looong time since I actually do something with Photoshop, this will be tough. =P

He could ship you an American copy

And then you could hope you wouldn't have to pay for it again (in taxes)