SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it due to Sakurai mentioning the Falcon Punch in that recent interview?

It's more due to Captain being part of the original 12. Most people think Yoshi is being saved for the Yoshi's New Island release, and Jigglypuff is tied up with TPC/Game Freak shenanigans. That leaves Ness and Falcon, and Falcon is more associated with Smash than Ness.

I was kind of hoping for something. Honestly, though, I was kinda half-expecting a picture of Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, Fox, Samus, and DK, and then having Sakurai make some sort of reference to the Anniversary. Some thing like "These characters have been in Super Smash Brothers since the original. By the way, today is the 15th Anniversary of the release of the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64."

Edited by shinpichu

I lack the ability to paste pics on here but the quote sure is interesting!

Pic of the day. There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab.

And Sakurai also had this to say in the comments on the pic

Some other changes include: -Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge. -Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.

This game just changed dramatically in a good way

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Though, I am not sure how I am supposed to get anywhere in Cruel Melee Brawl Something, when I can't take advantage of ledge invincibility anymore.

Maybe the Lucario aura sphere charge trick will still semi sorta work (provided he stays). Or Sonic can still hang under the stage with homing attacks lol

This is great. It's a fix for stalling/planking on the ledge. Though, according to that quote, comebacks will be difficult if you can't edgehog properly at higher percents...

Edited by PKL

RIP Planking 2008-2014

So freaking excited about this update because planking in Brawl was way too stupid. Hopefully I am not the only one who remembers when competitions had a limit on how many times in succession you could grab the ledge. This is a very welcome change, and I think this helps make the game play at a more offensive pace.

I don't know. It's believable, but there's always the possibility that it's fake.

Considering it hasn't been debunked right away It may be true. The idea of her being an AT has been Jossed however.

Edited by ShinRPGamer

I do not normally give much thought to any leaks, especially the text only ones, but seeing pictures is really interesting. There is a lot that points to this being real.

First of all, the Mario pose has never been seen in any pic of the day. Secondly, those Palutena images are not directly photoshopped from Kid Icarus Uprising, as the shield position is not constant. There is also a starman-shaped jewel on her dress that was neither in Brawl nor Kid Icarus, so it could be seen as an easter egg. Finally, the background is not in any 3DS picture to date. Anything from the developer direct was in HD Wii U footage, so it would be very obviously fake on the 3DS. IF this is fake, it is very well done.

I am not going to say much more because, as Palutena is my most wanted character, I do not want to get too excited. But this is very convincing. The big thing for me is that why would someone go to such work to make a fake image of the niche character, Palutena, instead of someone super popular like Ridley. Not to mention that there are two images.

Edited by Athena

Smashboards is going crazy over this. After seeing the starman easter egg on her, I feel like this is something Sakurai would do. Palutena also seems very likely as a playable character considering it was Sakurai who made Kid Icarus: Uprising. Given how detailed this leak is and the fact we have two images instead of just one, I'm going to say there is a good chance this is the real deal.

Rosalina was also leaked right before the Nintendo Direct that announced her, Smashboards is also talking about a possible Nintendo Direct happening near/at the end of this month. So this could end up being the same thing that happened with Rosalina.

Edited by Booton

Smashboards is going crazy over this. After seeing the starman easter egg on her, I feel like this is something Sakurai would do. Palutena also seems very likely as a playable character considering it was Sakurai who made Kid Icarus: Uprising. Given how detailed this leak is and the fact we have two images instead of just one, I'm going to say there is a good chance this is the real deal.

Rosalina was also leaked right before the Nintendo Direct that announced her, Smashboards is also talking about a possible Nintendo Direct happening near/at the end of this month. So this could end up being the same thing that happened with Rosalina.

While you speak truly you have to remember it took two whole games before Metaknight and Dedede even showed up and they are of course Sakurai creations

While you speak truly you have to remember it took two whole games before Metaknight and Dedede even showed up and they are of course Sakurai creations

I don't think that would have any effect on Palutena being playable. Kid Icarus: Uprising was the game Sakurai worked on just before SSB4 (and a game he felt strongly about making) so I'm sure he wants to translate some of that work over into SSB4. Just look at some of the changes Pit has received thus far that are from Uprising.

Also King Dedede was originally set to be playable in the original Super Smash Bros. I'm not sure why he was left out in Melee, considering Bowser and Mewtwo weres also planned to be in the original Smash Bros. as well, but they both made it into Melee.

Edited by Booton

It seems legit…to an extent. This could mean that either Palutena is a Playable character…or an assist. Hopefully she is playable, but either way, we'll have to wait for official word from Sakurai himself.

There are 250+ people viewing the Smashboards leaks and rumours thread right now.

Holy s***.

On the leak: it's either a very good fake, or it's legit. I'm leaning towards legit.

That was deconfirmed.

VRULrAv.jpg