Why are the pegasus knights overpowered?

Talking about Catria and Palla.

Did the original developer of Fire Emblem intend it that way even in the original FE1, FE2 and FE3?

And all 3 sisters even have their own Awakening artwork and part of DLC.

And how are they sisters when their hair color is all different?

In the original and its remakes, Palla and Catria are the sort of characters who would have been amazing if they joined much earlier, but instead end up being underwhelming because of their bases at their join time. Then the sequel came along and fixed that problem by not only having them join in the first few chapters of the game, but also by significantly improving their bases. Palla is arguably the best character in FE3, and Catria is probably somewhere in the top five.

Their base are insane for the standard of 20 caps days, and still insane because they did not bother to ballance it for the >20 caps days

On that note, I don't think they will become as OP as they are now if FE3 Pegasus Base are the same as it were in SD and FE1

FE1 Palla

HP: 25

STR: 7

SKL: 8

Wlv: 12

SPD: 14

LCK: -(random)

DEF: 9

FE3 Palla

HP: 24

STR: 10

SKL: 11

SPD: 16

LCK: 9

Wlv: 12

RES: 6

SD Palla Base:

HP: 22

STR: 7

MAG: 2

SKL: 8

SPD: 13

LCK: 5

DEF: 8

FE12 Palla Base:

HP: 24

STR: 10

MAG: 2

SKL: 11

SPD: 16

LCK: 9

Although Lunatic mode exist so....

Worse base than Ogma and Navvare

As for Awakening, its because they are pretty popular >_>

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Arguably?

She has some competition from Sirius. There are still a few people who regard him as the best character in book 2, but I don't subscribe to that school of thought.

Huh, I thought everyone had pretty much universally agreed that Palla was #1. She's like FE10 Haar without the speed issues.

I think the general opinion around these parts is that Palla's speed issues do exist and that MU is better if you customise him properly.

Huh, I thought everyone had pretty much universally agreed that Palla was #1. She's like FE10 Haar without the speed issues.

Oh, yeah, I was talking FE3 Palla, not 12. 12 does have some issues.

Edited by bottlegnomes

In fairness, Monsho's cast has absurd growth rate when you give them the SSS and the statsboosters are hilarious

Like.... 2 SS(I forget which, one gives 50% STR growth, the other gives 30%) on Palla has 130 - 140% ish STR growth.

Add in the fact that you can bring up to 4 weapons and 4 Items and.... gg

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

In the original and its remakes, Palla and Catria are the sort of characters who would have been amazing if they joined much earlier, but instead end up being underwhelming because of their bases at their join time. Then the sequel came along and fixed that problem by not only having them join in the first few chapters of the game, but also by significantly improving their bases. Palla is arguably the best character in FE3, and Catria is probably somewhere in the top five.

Also, in FE1/FE3, Palla and Catria were even lamer (not only them, but Sheeda too)! Why, you ask? Because the first promotion item for Pegasus Knights was in like, Chapter 17...Less damning in FE1 (although it meant the non-Minervas were well...lamer!...by a lot!), but in FE3, this is like a couple of chapters before the last one. So kind of ridiculously dumb in that case...And only slightly less so in FE1.

Catria has always be my favorite Pegasus sister of this generation...

In FE2, she is far better than Paolla in basixally everyway.. (Angel Ring!Est is ridiculous, but come far too late...).

Paolla in book 2 and FE12 is everything a Jeigan would dream to be, withou any of the usual problems, Catua is consistently good, and Est come fartoo late to be of any uses.

Paola in FE3 is what every Jeigan want to be

Thanks to the exp system

However, as a result most growth unit become a bit harde to reach their full potentail

Also FE1 Sheeda has dat flying advantage. It does not seems to be crazy until you put her into FE1's easilly abusable "thief only" arena >_>

Palla is arguably the best character in FE3, and Catria is probably somewhere in the top five.

She has some competition from Sirius. There are still a few people who regard him as the best character in book 2, but I don't subscribe to that school of thought.

No kidding...

IS recommends you to use them.

Also, in FE1/FE3, Palla and Catria were even lamer (not only them, but Sheeda too)! Why, you ask? Because the first promotion item for Pegasus Knights was in like, Chapter 17...

Actually, it was 15 in Monshou's Book I and 19 in the NES version.

Catria has always be my favorite Pegasus sister of this generation...

In FE2, she is far better than Paolla in basixally everyway.. (Angel Ring!Est is ridiculous, but come far too late...).

Paolla in book 2 and FE12 is everything a Jeigan would dream to be, withou any of the usual problems, Catua is consistently good, and Est come fartoo late to be of any uses.

FE2's Palla, Catria, and Est were goddesses.

-----

And they should have their own DLC's. They are the whitewings of legend. Being in three games.

Edited by 綾波

Historically, everyone pretty much pointed out why. Considering this game is a remake, it stands that some standards would carry over.

As for actual whys, unlike most characters their bases are actually usable, are unreasonably high concerning their base level, and their growths are quite reasonable (well, Paula's speed growth blows, but she's already so few points away from reasonable speed caps, and the game gives you a grand total of 9 speedwings over the course of the game). On top of this, Paula happens to arrive nearly level 10 in a chapter where you can actually nab a promotion item, which is a huge deal since this game, promotion items are universal. In the original FE3, I think that was actually a Knight's Crest.

Considering that Paula alone makes the rest of the army look like the incompetent dolts they are, and that she got a considerable buff in the form of early promotion, she's actually sillier than she is in the original FE3.

Early promoting Palla is a terrible idea though and even she isn't invincible or trivializing for this game in the harder modes. She is very much capable of dying.

Edited by Peekayell