Serenes Forest Theme Banner Contest Voting

Jyosua

Banner Contest!  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which banner do you like the most?

• Entry #1
    • Entry #2
    • Entry #3
    • Entry #4
    • Entry #5
    • Entry #6
    • Entry #7
    • Entry #8
    • Entry #9
    • Entry #10
    • Entry #11
    • Entry #12
  2. 2. Which banner do you like the second most?

• Entry #1
    • Entry #2
    • Entry #3
    • Entry #4
    • Entry #5
    • Entry #6
    • Entry #7
    • Entry #8
    • Entry #9
    • Entry #10
    • Entry #11
    • Entry #12

I'll keep this simple. Here are the banners! They're labeled by entry number in an effort to avoid favoritism. Simply vote for the entry you like best!

Note that all of the votes from the first and second poll question will be added! There is no difference in weight between either question. The reason there are two questions was to give everyone two votes.
Entry #1

msg-8264-0-07691000-1370468408.jpg

Entry #2

msg-6516-0-23017500-1370615980.png

Entry #3 (Go to http://danwensnippets.zymichost.com/ if the banner doesn't show)

Entry #4

msg-8307-0-14854800-1370772986.png

Entry #5

3j0v5.jpg

Entry #6

3eMDs.png

Entry #7

msg-7701-0-56265900-1371228717.png

Entry #8

vl4r.png

Entry #9 (HOVER OVER ALL, THEN PRESS RESULT TAB -- go to http://dabblet.com/gist/5811019 if the banner doesn't show)

Entry #10

3j0wU.jpg

Entry #11

3j0xo.jpg

Entry #12

msg-2063-0-21182900-1371008332.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like number three more if it used pretty much any other game except Gaiden's artwork.

/doesnotlikeshadowdragon'sartstyle

That's really the only wrong thing I see with number three, aside from it switching images rather quickly imo.

Well, congratulations everybody! The banners are really nice. I tried my best to make something simple and harmonic, but you guys made me notice I have a lot to learn yet. #3 and #10 in particular are great.

I would like number three more if it used pretty much any other game except Gaiden's artwork.

/doesnotlikeshadowdragon'sartstyle

Actually it rotates... I see Radiant Dawn and FE4 in there too.

Voted 1 cuz it's the coolest, but I really think 4 or 6 would be the most appropriate for the site and color scheme. My second vote was 6 because I think 4 should have left Leanne's hair its natural color, rather than making it green. Although entries 3 and 9 are pretty cool for their effects. Is there any chance that different banners could be used on different occasions, perhaps it could even be a setting like the skins?

In any case it looks to be a close match between 5 and 6 for runner up. I personally think 5 is way too simple but that's just me.

Edited by Walhart

I hope #3's maker won't mind improvement suggestions

So much potential

Sure! Fire away with suggestions and criticisms. I need to develop my web/design skills however I can :P.

Entry 11 and 5 both gives off a mellow and soft atmosphere (I love the original artwork/titles as well).

Edit: Entry 9's finally worked for me. The hover effect is awesome (though it took me awhile to realise that it occurred when you hovered over the logo, but the surprise made it all the better :P).

Edited by dap005

Sure! Fire away with suggestions and criticisms. I need to develop my web/design skills however I can :P.

Excellent. Once this contest is formally over, then. It just doesn't feel right to discuss that right now

Why does Entry #3 have the most votes? ;~;

I know changing background and FE: Awakening dragon don't match, IMO.

Why? Because the site is called "Serenes Forest," and should stick to its name. Serenes Forest. From FE9 and FE10.

That said, the forest themes with or without herons fit the best.

But that's just me. (I mean, just because it's a FE forum, that doesn't mean it has to encompass all the FE games, right? Just FE9 and FE10 should do, right? Right?)

EDIT: BTW, I like entries #5 and #6 the most, with entries #8 and #7 close behind. Because they're the most Serenes Forest-like.

Edited by Fruit Ninja

Heehee well the staff gets the final decision, so the result would likely depend on whether the staff has the same thoughts in mind as you or not~

I personally agree that the SF skin's theme should stick to the foresty/herony theme. But I guess it isn't the end of the world if everybody prefers the 3rd!

Edited by Freohr Datia

Oo, pretty. 5 is my favorite if only for simplicity's sake. And the typography. I also liked 7 for the same reasons.

Edited by Eltoshen