• Announcements

• Tangerine

Serenes Forest Scribbles 2016 has begun, Raffle prizes have been updated!   12/03/16

Hey everyone! We've started up our Creative event once more, you can check out the thread here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67567

If you're new here, it's an event where people can submit something they've created for the chance to have some fun and win some prizes. If you've got a talent you'd like to share with the FE community, there's no harm in giving it a go!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knife

How to obtain a Bolting

94 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I tried to obtain the Bolting, but gave up. Some of my other units were in danger of getting killed.

[quote name='Dark Sage' post='131903' date='Sep 8 2008, 02:25 AM']Yesterday, I tried to obtain the Bolting, but gave up. Some of my other units were in danger of getting killed.[/quote]
Oh, that's too bad. But did you finish the chapter of will you try again?

[quote name='xanatha' post='132189' date='Sep 8 2008, 05:26 AM']Oh, that's too bad. But did you finish the chapter of will you try again?[/quote]

I am going to try again, but I have to worry about A level statistics revision first. Edited by Dark Sage

[quote name='Dark Sage' post='132194' date='Sep 8 2008, 04:28 AM']I am going to try again, but I have to worry about A level statistics revision first.[/quote]
Ok, I'm sure you'll make it this time!

I'm on that chapter now. I wich I could learn to think before I act!
I thought: "Now I have to try get the bolting tome." So I cheked the weight (19, being said) and then Heather's strenght (13). I had no Energy Drop, so instead I spent all my BEXP on her. But her strenght only grew to 16. I thought: "Maybe I can level her up during the battle." And as always, I saved before I started. And in that moment I also remembered: "I'm on my flying playthrought. Why would I need a tome in a flying playthrough?"
Quite stupid...

[quote name='ChaosNinji' post='134578' date='Sep 10 2008, 10:25 PM']... That's pretty stupid, no offense. o_O[/quote]
It's okay.

[quote name='xanatha' post='132746' date='Sep 8 2008, 05:14 PM']I'm on that chapter now. I wich I could learn to think before I act!
I thought: "Now I have to try get the bolting tome." So I cheked the weight (19, being said) and then Heather's strenght (13). I had no Energy Drop, so instead I spent all my BEXP on her. But her strenght only grew to 16. I thought: "Maybe I can level her up during the battle." And as always, I saved before I started. And in that moment I also remembered: "I'm on my flying playthrought. Why would I need a tome in a flying playthrough?"
Quite stupid...[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]Wow, you owned yourself quite hard there. It's probably easy to forget that you're on a special playthgouh when you mind's set on doing something.[/color]

[quote name='xanatha' post='132746' date='Sep 8 2008, 09:14 AM']I'm on that chapter now. I wich I could learn to think before I act!
Quite stupid...[/quote]
One problem: Heather's base strength is 15.

[quote name='Fox' post='135066' date='Sep 11 2008, 04:29 AM']One problem: Heather's base strength is 15.[/quote]
It is? Oh well. That doesn't matter now.

[color="#FF0000"]I'll try this in my hard playthough. An infinite Bolting or two would be invaluable in the 4-F(4) chapter.[/color]

This is annoying the Wyvern riders keep killing Haar.

Anyone have luck with this yet? It's quite easy if you abuse Haar a bit.

[quote name='Luke fon Fabre' post='193996' date='Oct 26 2008, 01:20 PM']Anyone have luck with this yet? It's quite easy if you abuse Haar a bit.[/quote]

Yeah i manged to do it after giving some bexp to haar like two levels.

Volke isn't a theif >_>
He's just a kickass character with a 50% critical rate and can't be attacked, who uses knives.

I would do that, but Heather is crap. I did that with Volke, though.

The only ones that can use Bolting are Illyana and Pelleas. Which both have their own SS level weapon.

I may do this once, but I don't really see a NEED to. But it's good to know.

[quote name='Lyle Dayek' post='242794' date='Nov 30 2008, 12:48 PM']The only ones that can use Bolting are Illyana and Pelleas. Which both have their own SS level weapon.

I may do this once, but I don't really see a NEED to. But it's good to know.[/quote]
Incorrect. Thunder isn't SS, it's B, so any of the Archsages and Sanaki can use it.

[quote name='Lyle Dayek' post='242794' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:48 PM']The only ones that can use Bolting are Illyana and Pelleas. Which both have their own SS level weapon.

I may do this once, but I don't really see a NEED to. But it's good to know.[/quote]

Pretty useful on a mage only playthrough. Plus, tell me that using unlimited Boltings on dragons is not awesome?

[quote name='Knife' post='242816' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:56 PM']Pretty useful on a mage only playthrough. Plus, tell me that using unlimited Boltings on dragons is not awesome?[/quote]
True.

I suppose I was wrong. Bolting is pretty useful then. But still, I dunno if I would go through all that everytime. But maybe.

It would allow the player to easily beat the dragon level. Too bad Dheginsea doesn't get the effective bouns. That would make it too easy, I suppose.

Actually, Dheginsea is still inheritly weak to Thunder. I've tried Bolting on him and the weapon was flashing. His huge Res makes it do little damage, but the weakness is still there.