FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

Hello gringe!

I'm still translating your version of Fire Emblem 6 into French.

I don't know if you're still planning to correct a few mistakes, but sometimes the texts in the text bubbles don't correspond to the right characters.

Here's an example.
image.png.3ad20d6b3a2fe930f18130e3d69d0b31.png

As you can see, Merlinus is talking with the words of Fae. I'm using the last version, the v1.1.3 as model.

I've corrected this in the French version.

image.png.abb8e8b213c30adc9bc2329b094d4151.png

I've noticed other mistakes like this in a few chapters,, especially when you have two characters talking on the left.

Would you need a list of such errors? As I go along...

image.png.e8261f53a0351537a1dec61f43aefcaf.png

I'm up to chapter 16, I can report them to you. :)

image.png.d380904cac9b5dcfc5e0cd88148e9896.png

The text bubbles for Arcardo is still for Roartz when there's "only" [Serif].

Other little mistake with Hugh when we're recruting him, after the [Move].

image.png.be9c14b1da82a22fa13c49ea7c7a8a61.png

And also with the location of the text bubbles after [Move].

image.png.ce2fb8f6d77adb3cfc50cdad5e4ccbf0.png

image.png.526f851ca949c9977f783ccf4f95e93c.png

image.png.f3a444a4f04ce782161629b2958889e4.png

End, once the map in completed...

image.png.e4f98eed29dcb24e8e3b86de4953d198.png

There's also a mistake after the [Move] : what is it is supposed to be a text bubbles for Roy but Guinivere is speaking.

Upstairs, the text maybe not for Guinivere (I didn't checked yet IG).

image.png.5757bb081e38ffb98c5df70e36022761.png

It's often after a [move] we can have mistakes. Here's we sould read "[Serif] Guinivere" instead of "only" [Serif].

image.png.6e2be75679ca54726fe4f1531b0a2841.png

Same here with a doubt after the [Move]. There's no "[Serif] Guinivere".

On 6/24/2013 at 10:08 AM, gringe said:

There is a special Easter egg to view all Support Conversations once the feature is unlocked on the Extras menus...

For my translation, I also unlocked all the character supports but didn't notice this easter egg.

I was expecting the name of a character who has all his supports unlocked to be in green like in FE7.

image.png.24ba23cd1de19f269a5b364fecb6e97a.png

Is it deliberate that this is not the case in FE6?

Exemple with Dayan.

image.png.490f25b0da43837ab8a98d566c41d75a.png

image.png.338fdcef5a89d667d83b71d56df0995a.png

As you can see here, in FE7 Dayan should be in green instead of white because I have all his supports unlocked.

Thanks again for your huge work!

Edited by Spy
Pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Spy

I didn't know about the glowing green text when a unit has all of its support convos unlocked. That's why it's not implemented in the FE6 translation... yet! I made some tests today to my original support convo coding and it seems to work correctly. I'll have to test it thoroughly though because their is only one subroutine for all the places that need to display the units list (same one used in support convo, items trading and picking units) and I don't want something to change in the other lists.

I'm eager to see your own translation, as French is my primary language.

17 hours ago, tabachanker said:

@Spy

I didn't know about the glowing green text when a unit has all of its support convos unlocked. That's why it's not implemented in the FE6 translation... yet! I made some tests today to my original support convo coding and it seems to work correctly. I'll have to test it thoroughly though because their is only one subroutine for all the places that need to display the units list (same one used in support convo, items trading and picking units) and I don't want something to change in the other lists.

I'm eager to see your own translation, as French is my primary language.

If you're curious, here's the Youtube channel I'm using for sharing what I'm doing : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcRc_Mdq2e8GeYhNLCjHWHw

You can find each chapter translated in the playlist "Fire Emblem 6 let's play debug en français". I also have a playlist for the supports etc. 😉

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2023 at 9:12 PM, Spy said:

I don't know if you're still planning to correct a few mistakes, but sometimes the texts in the text bubbles don't correspond to the right characters.

Hey there, I apologize I left your message unresponded to for so long. Tabachanker and I are working on an update to fix the crash issue as well as some text changes for consistency with Heroes (Garret→Garrett, and some other fixes mentioned earlier in the topic).

This report of yours looked critical so I took a look, but the dialogue you reported is attached to the correct characters in the game. My guess is there's a quirk with the way dialogue events work in FEditor that FEBuilder doesn't reflect properly. Keep in mind that the bulk of work on this patch was done before FEBuilder existed, and FEditor, the tool I used at the time, created some issues we only discovered later--this could be another one (albeit apparently harmless). Feel free to clean it up to look right in FEBuilder for the patch you're making, but functionally it appears to work fine in the actual game as is.

Got it. It's only a problem with FE Builder but not when the game is running and that is the more important.

So everything is fine. :) 

Thanks for your explanations.

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Thanks to tabachanker, we've got a new update ready with some fixes, most notably removing a crash issue!

v1.2.0

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lwcz4vci5w70ro8/FE6Localization_v1.2.0.ups/file

v1.2.0 Changelist

• Corrected issue that can cause the game to crash
  • Corrected "Garret"'s name to "Garrett" as in FE Heroes
  • Adjusted one of Noah's supports with Trec to refer to Ilia as "peddling death" as in FE Heroes
  • Added missing songs to the Sound Room (this was an issue with the base game): Perilous Dance (Lalum being attacked), Within Sadness (ally death), and Arena Victory

===================================================

We even have another version, but it has a feature I won't be able to test soon, so I will put it here as a beta version in case anyone is able to give it a look-through... If someone can confirm it works without issue, I will go ahead and update the first post in this topic with a link to this version.

v1.2.1beta

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x5u9fpyzpjkqu4y/FE6Localization_v1.2.1b.ups/file

v.1.2.1beta Changelist

• All the changes in v1.2.0
  • Names in the Support Conversation reader will turn green once all their supports have been unlocked, as in FE7 and FE8

If anyone can give this a test, please confirm whether units with different statuses of Support Conversations unlocked display correctly in the Support Conversation reader, and the Support Conversation section of the Preparations menu.

• gringe changed the title to FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.0 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, gringe said:

If anyone can give this a test, please confirm whether units with different statuses of Support Conversations unlocked display correctly in the Support Conversation reader, and the Support Conversation section of the Preparations menu.

Hi Gringe !

Here's 2 pictures from the Support Conversation with your new version.

image.png.fefddbef20525fb7d0642f892d13193e.png

image.png.ba6e5553a4c09e2cc85a2832425d1043.png

I already have all of the supports so I can't check all different statuses.

And here's 2 other pictures from the preparation menu. This time, I have a C support and no support to show you.

image.png.2e5a4a419200cd09fa8b76eafc3fb122.png

image.png.c47659cccae33fad6f54b102f4992dc8.png

Everything is like in FE7, excellent work ! :)

Edited by Spy

On 2/5/2024 at 5:15 AM, Spy said:

Hi Gringe !

Here's 2 pictures from the Support Conversation with your new version.

image.png.fefddbef20525fb7d0642f892d13193e.png

image.png.ba6e5553a4c09e2cc85a2832425d1043.png

I already have all of the supports so I can't check all different statuses.

And here's 2 other pictures from the preparation menu. This time, I have a C support and no support to show you.

image.png.2e5a4a419200cd09fa8b76eafc3fb122.png

image.png.c47659cccae33fad6f54b102f4992dc8.png

Everything is like in FE7, excellent work ! 🙂

Thanks! There's one last step to confirm, which is the most time-consuming...

At least one character needs a full set of support conversations, and we need to be sure the green name for that character displays properly if other characters have incomplete sets of support conversations. When I was thinking about how to test it, I think Lance would be the quickest character to finish all his support conversations for.

On 2/12/2024 at 12:25 AM, gringe said:

At least one character needs a full set of support conversations, and we need to be sure the green name for that character displays properly if other characters have incomplete sets of support conversations. When I was thinking about how to test it, I think Lance would be the quickest character to finish all his support conversations for.

Could the full support with Roy/Sue from the preparation menu will be good for what you still need ?

On 2/12/2024 at 12:25 PM, gringe said:

Thanks! There's one last step to confirm, which is the most time-consuming...

Wolt's looking good to me. Hopefully that's everything.

Screenshot.png

On 2/20/2024 at 5:34 PM, Seafarer said:

Wolt's looking good to me. Hopefully that's everything.

Screenshot.png

That's exactly it! Thank you. I'll go ahead and update the first post.

EDIT: Aaaaand done. I think this will probably be the last version for the foreseeable future. FE6 characters that don't yet have representation in Heroes probably never will (who'd whale for the armor knights or the fighters?), and aside from keeping character names and titles consistent with official content, I don't think there's much of anything left to do on the patch. With the support reader feature and even some oversight corrections, it's fair to say the game is notably more polished than the Japanese version.

So, although it's not necessarily goodbye forever, see you around, and thanks for the support, everyone!

Edited by gringe

• gringe changed the title to FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader