Animal Crossing: Aika Village

Happy_Dingo

Okay, so I could have put this in the already established Animal Crossing topic but this is just so unique that it deserves it's own topic.

I was studying up on the mechanics of "feng shui" in ACNL and I stumbled across something neat. Seems that someone in good ol' Japan decided to go all out in making their town the best (or worst depending on your point of view) Dream Suite experience available. The town is known as Aika village according to the interwebs.

Dream Code: 2600-0218-7298

The town is set up like a maze going from the first player resident's house to the secon, third, and fourth. Each house and the areas around them tell a story about a girl. I'm not going into too much detail, but suffice to say it's quite incredible what this person has managed to do with their town and how creepy they've made it. There are quite a few little secrets that are easy to miss and unfortunantly most of you won't have the advantage of being able to read Japanese to understand what the players messages are saying, but worry not. I'll post a vid showing all the secrets and translations. I suggest that if you have the game you explore the town a bit first before watching the vid as the impact of these secrets would be much greater finding them on your own.

PRO TIP: Make sure you thoroughly search the rooms and rotate the camera as some secrets are well hidden.

WARNING: There's no jump scares or gore, but the story it tells and imagery can be considered by some to be creepy or disturbing. Don't bitch at me if it scares you.

SKIP TO 10:40. It's a long ass vid and the first ten minutes aren't necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qYX-NfY945g

Yeah, I decided to check this out during a dark and stormy night. I had a somewhat difficult time walking to the bathroom that night.... To be fair though, games get to me kinda easily (even though I'm more or less immune to scary movies).

So anyway, tell me if you liked it. Or if you thought it was lame or old news be sure to bitch at me so that I can cry about it.

=D

Edited by Happy_Dingo

That was......really creepy yet interesting. I'm assuming it was telling a story with the passage of time, like how the player house and areas got steadily run down and decayed.......but other than the girl and her supposed parents living in them, I'm not very sure I understood the whole story. If someone got the whole gist, could they explain? Especially the creepy doll thing.... 0_0

Oh, and does anyone know what that creepy song playing in the house was called in english??? Its so creepy yet so cool that I want it!

Well I assume the story is something along the lines of

the girls parents died and she steadily became more detatched and disturbed and cared less and less about life until she eventually offed herself

You might notice that the girl is dressed very similarly to the dolls. Maybe they represent her?

I think the song is K.K. Hypno.