I cant pick a Wife for Robin D:

Zitro

Which wife?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which wife for Robin?

I just...can't.

I want a wife that Robin can Pair Up with in the Late Game and Post Game DLC. But I also like to make good use of Robin's great Stat mods and Class sets of his kids.

It can't be Sumia, she is Chrom's wife. Characters I like are Cordelia (though I feel using Robin on Severa isn't an efficient use of Robin's super dad skills, Severa is great with almost all dads), Tharja (I've read Noire likes Robin as a dad, I like Tharja too, reminds me of Urd from OMG, but I think she is just adequate as a Support Pair up to Robin), Nowi (I like dragons in general and I heard that like Noire, Nah loves Robin as a father, but I also read that Nowi is just isn't useful to pair up with Robin at the Post game due to her lacking class set), and Lucina (Chrome but better, she is great as a Pair Up Partner, but while Morgan will have great mods as a third gen character, she will be an only child).

Any help/tips? I hate my indecisiveness. :(

I'd either do Tharja or Nowi, since neither kid has access to a bunch of skills and both would like Robin for their husband.

I'd tend to shoot for Nowi, because Nowi offers manakete to Morgan while Tharja offers nothing.

Huh. Those are all pretty solid options.

If you play normally from the chapter you get her, you'll probably get S rank Lucina around the end of Chapter 18. You'll only get a single Morgan, but that allows you to pair up all the children characters. Also, Aether!Morgan. That's worth it's weight in gold in cool points, if nothing else.

Tharja, Cordelia and Nowi are all solid too. Nowi and Tharja in particular need someone to let Noire and Nah get Galeforce, if you care about that.

Personally, I'd pick Tharja or Nowi for powergaming, and Lucina if you really care about the plot. Lucina get's a bonus scene, and her pairing with the Avatar has some interesting interactions with the overarching themes of the story.

That said, a Robin fathered Morgan and Nah are absolutely fucking terrifying and will rip the game apart without even trying.

Edited by Onestep

Huh. Those are all pretty solid options.

If you play normally from the chapter you get her, you'll probably get S rank Lucina around the end of Chapter 18. You'll only get a single Morgan, but that allows you to pair up all the children characters. Also, Aether!Morgan. That's worth it's weight in gold in cool points, if nothing else.

Tharja, Cordelia and Nowi are all solid too. Nowi and Tharja in particular need someone to let Noire and Nah get Galeforce, if you care about that.

Personally, I'd pick Tharja or Nowi for powergaming, and Lucina if you really care about the plot. Lucina get's a bonus scene, and her pairing with the Avatar has some interesting interactions with the overarching themes of the story.

That said, a Robin fathered Morgan and Nah are absolutely fucking terrifying and will rip the game apart without even trying.

Current plan is for Nowi x Vaike and Tharja x Gaius if I don't go with them for Robin. Donnel went with Sully.

If you really care for Galeforce and whatever crap, I guess Nowi is your other option? Wait, what about Olivia? I was gonna go all biased and state her unless you already married her off. But if the names that you mentioned are the only other options, I would probably go for Nowi or Lucina and the reasons for Lucina were already stated. Aether!Morgan, a unique dialogue at the end of Chapter 23, and uh... what else was there... probably the stats, though you'll only have one child but I think the stats/skills justify it.

Current plan is for Nowi x Vaike and Tharja x Gaius if I don't go with them for Robin. Donnel went with Sully.

Then definitely either Nowi or Lucina. And I say this as a rather large fan of Tharja, as others will attest to.

Nowi will give you two incredibly powerful units. Dragon slaying weapons are rare, and once you know where they show up, they pretty much cease to be a threat. Nah and Morgan will laugh at 99% of units in the game.

Lucina!Morgan is inarguably one of the strongest units in the game, but having only a single Avatar child is something of a waste. That said, the LucinaxAvatar pairing just works. It's up to you.

If you really care for Galeforce and whatever crap, I guess Nowi is your other option? Wait, what about Olivia? I was gonna go all biased and state her unless you already married her off. But if the names that you mentioned are the only other options, I would probably go for Nowi or Lucina and the reasons for Lucina were already stated. Aether!Morgan, a unique dialogue at the end of Chapter 23, and uh... what else was there... probably the stats, though you'll only have one child but I think the stats/skills justify it.

Olivia is planned to go with Henry currently but I haven't even got Henry yet. So she IS available somewhat. I have read that Olivia isn't great at pair ups either way, but she is a Dance/Buff bot. I have the Bride DLC that has a Rally for the Buffing role I guess. One thing that could be done is to just use one of Robin's kids (since there are 13 kids, one is getting left out of marriage) as his partner and let Olivia buff in the back.

Olivia is planned to go with Henry currently but I haven't even got Henry yet. So she IS available somewhat. I have read that Olivia isn't great at pair ups either way, but she is a Dance/Buff bot. I have the Bride DLC that has a Rally for the Buffing role I guess. One thing that could be done is to just use one of Robin's kids (since there are 13 kids, one is getting left out of marriage) as his partner and let Olivia buff in the back.

If you plan to have buffbots, let them be DLC or Legacy characters. That way they can get Rainbow Cry. It also means they can reclass to Sage, for emergency Rescue use.

What exactly are the stat bonuses you are looking for?

Emmeryn has godly magic, if that's what you're going for. Plus she's only the most wonderful lady the world may ever know... :3 #totallybias. Oh, and the character that reminds me most of Urd would probably be Aversa, another wonderful choice who will undoubtedly create a godly shadow gift sage morgan, especially if your strongpoint is magic. Unfortunately, both of these Luscious Ladies are only available in postgame so you'll have to wait...

Though between the people you've mentioned, I gueeeeesss Cordelia would work... She was originally my prime choice until I realised her unrequited love for Chrom continued even after marriage... Too bad, I love Severa! Nowi would make me feel amazingly uncomfortorable, so pah! Tharja, though... She's nice... Her stalkerish everything has sorta grown on me and now I think it's kinda cute, and it would definitely help Noire, who has a strictly magical mother and is still made based on her archery.

Stat-wise, any of these ladies would work nicely though.

Edited by Saint

If you're caring about the Story? Lucina. Hands down. Definitely the best match, has the extra scene, fits the whole theme of the game the best.

Gameplay? I advocate the use of a 3rd, because for the most part, a lot of the classes you'd be gaining on that extra child are just duds in the long run, as any minmax set up runs as well with FeMU (who can't really do the whole two child set up, and Inigo winds up losing out hard if he doesn't get Chrom. So FeMU is best going 3rd anyways) and actually wind up the same layouts as with MaMU stepping in. Yes that arsenal of skills looks great on paper, but in practice, it doesn't really matter, and you've tossed aside some of Morgan's potential.

All of that said, Lucina.

Edited by Airship Canon

I don't like Lucina as much as those other girls, but I'd pick her. She'll be a good pair up for you since she has access to Galeforce and Darkflier (Though, that assumes you are supporting her). As for Morgan, I believe she'll get Rightful King and be the child of a 2nd gen kid, so she'll just be super.

On the other hand, you'll have a pretty sweet Inigo if you pick Olivia.

Edited by Calamitastrophe

I don't like Lucina as much as those other girls, but I'd pick her. She'll be a good pair up for you since she has access to Galeforce and Darkflier (Though, that assumes you are supporting her). As for Morgan, I believe she'll get Rightful King and be the child of a 2nd gen kid, so she'll just be super.

Any son from Chrom inherits Rightful King. Any daughter from Chrom / Lucina inherits Aether. Since Morgan would be female in that case, it is Aether.

Lucina always passes down Aether to Morgan.

Lucina always passes down Aether to Morgan.

Looking at your Avatar, it reminded me of the Robin-exclusive Wifes. I like some of them (Tiki, Emmeryn, and Aversa) but they come in so late and are no better than any regular Generation one wife (except maybe Aversa and it's mostly for Shadowgift...still, way late).

Looking at your Avatar, it reminded me of the Robin-exclusive Wifes. I like some of them (Tiki, Emmeryn, and Aversa) but they come in so late and are no better than any regular Generation one wife (except maybe Aversa and it's mostly for Shadowgift...still, way late).

I know - outside of Anna and Say'ri, they tend to come late enough that I'd actually have to fight the urge to marry someone else instead..

Um... Can someone give me a little advice? I plan to do +STR -LUCK AvatarxLucina, or the same AvatarxCherche.

Firstly: Cherche or Lucina?

Secondly: Should I put in the effort for Olivia!Lucina?

Do note:

I plan to have my avatar as a Swordmaster who has gone through Assassin and Thief.

Um... Can someone give me a little advice? I plan to do +STR -LUCK AvatarxLucina, or the same AvatarxCherche.

Firstly: Cherche or Lucina?

Secondly: Should I put in the effort for Olivia!Lucina?

Do note:

I plan to have my avatar as a Swordmaster who has gone through Assassin and Thief.

Hm, let's see. Going by stats, an Olivia!Lucina!Morgan will have these modifiers:

Strength: +5

Magic: 0

Skill: +5

Speed: +3

Luck: -1

Defense: +1

Resistance: -1

And here's Cherche!Morgan and Avatar!Gerome's modifiers:

Strength: +7

Magic: 0

Skill: +2

Speed: 0

Luck: -2

Defense: +5

Resistance: -1

Olivia!Lucina!Morgan will have Aether, while Cherche!Morgan and Avatar!Gerome will both have a ridiculous class set each. All of them will be good in physical classes, and Olivia!Lucina!Morgan will have better Skill and Speed, while Cherche!Morgan will have better Strength and Defense + Gerome as a sibling and a "second Morgan", though he's not a Galeforce son.

So, I ask you this: Do you think going through the work of pairing Olivia and Chrom together, and then marrying Lucina for a Third Gen Morgan with Aether is better than having two Second Gen "Morgans" (though one of them is without Galeforce)? If yes, marry Lucina. If no, marry Cherche.

Alternatively, what do you want Morgan (and/or Gerome) to end up as? The answer to that would probably make your question easier to answer.

Ok, thanks.

I would've had Gerome go through Hero, then become a Great Knight or Paladin. Morgan would've gone through Wyvern Lord and Great Knight, then would settle as as either a Griffon Rider or an Paladin.

Olivia!Lucina!Morgan would have first gone through Dark Flier and Bow Knight (For Bowbreaker, the sword levels from tactician will help training) and would settle as a Falcon Knight, which would be given at least one Arms Scroll.

Ok, thanks.

I would've had Gerome go through Hero, then become a Great Knight or Paladin. Morgan would've gone through Wyvern Lord and Great Knight, then would settle as as either a Griffon Rider or an Paladin.

Olivia!Lucina!Morgan would have first gone through Dark Flier and Bow Knight (For Bowbreaker, the sword levels from tactician will help training) and would settle as a Falcon Knight, which would be given at least one Arms Scroll.

So you want two high-mobility fighters or a high-mobility fighter who can heal? Hmm...

Gerome will probably want to go through Paladin anyway, or Dread Fighter, for Aegis or Resistance +10, no matter if he ends up in it, or doesn't (the difference being that you should probably do Paladin first, if you're not making it your final class). Morgan also wants to go through Paladin anyway for Aegis, if you want to go Griffon Rider (and in the same manner as Gerome, Morgan probably wants to go Paladin before Griffon Rider if you're not ending up in it). Other skills that Gerome and Morgan may want is Tomebreaker (and/or Iote's Shield for Morgan), especially if you're not going through Paladin. Axebreaker from Hero (or the Superior Axe) is also a good idea, and I see that you're going to make at least Gerome get that since he's going through a stint as Hero.

Olivia!Lucina!Morgan will have Falcon Knight's default Magic modifier, and will also have quite the high strength, skill, and speed. Her skill and speed will be better than either Cherche!Morgan or Gerome, but her defenses compared to them will be lacking, especially as a Falcon Knight (so investing into Iote's Shield or Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker would be ideal).

By your plans, both will be very mobile units. What do you need exactly? Strong and sturdy times two, or strong and fast with utility?

Edited by Folt

I honestly don't know what I'll need by that time. I'm only up to chapter... 6? The one with Ricken and Maribelle. I might start again so Sumia doesn't get any support with Chrom, making Olivia a viable option for him. If I don't start again, I'll give Sumia to Gaius or Fred.

This is my sixth playthrough.