Pick my pairings for my next playthrough.~

Caster

Going to be doing one of my last runs on Lunatic+.

Yes I will be grinding so...

I can never decide what pairings to do so I need some help.

Sumia is my waifu and Chrom-nom usually gets Olivia as his waifu so I need pairings for:

Lissa, Sully, Maribelle, Cordelia, Cherche, Panne, Miriel, Tharja, and Nowi.

I usually pair Lissa with Vaike or Gregor. Sully with Stahl because it fills like they belong together. Marribelle and Frederick so Brady can have the Pavise and Aegis combo. Cordelia with anyone since Severa always turn out good Donnel with Nowi. Everything else you could leave up to other members. But that's my take on the pairs.

Chrom/Olivia on Lunatic+??? You're either brave, or you're exceedingly reckless... (For the record, I'd have trouble working with an Olivia-mothered Lucina on vanilla Lunatic)

That aside, how about Stahl/Lissa?

Key question: how well the characters feel together (story) or power gaming? That will affect responses.

Combination of both.

If I don't like their supports together I tend not to pair them up, not matter how good the pairing is.

Never doing Kellam x Nowi again.

The next important question: any children you favor more than others, in that you'd prefer they get preference for good parents? For example, I really like Severa, so I try to get her one of the best fathers so she's top notch (even moreso than normal). Another example: since Olivia is the only dancer and dancers are some good, it'd be nice if her son were good, so giving Inigo higher priority (Chrom). Stuff like that.

Edited by GinRei

Frederick - Cherche

Cordelia - Stahl

Vaike - Maribelle

Nowi - Gregor

Panne - Kellam

Gaius/Donnel(implying you can recruit him lol) - Tharja

Donnel/Gaius - Sully

I dunno about the convo of Vaike - Maribelle, and Tharja has shitty convo anyway, but these are a pretty cool pairing to try

That being, said if you don't mind I suggest trying to move around MU a bit because Sumia is, by far the mom that does not need MU

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Lissa x Libra|Gregor

Sully x Donnel

Maribelle x Gregor|Libra

Cordelia x Stahl

Cherche x Frederick

Panne x Kellam

Miriel x Ricken

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Vaike

Something like that would be pretty good.

Edited by Meteor

The next important question: any children you favor more than others, in that you'd prefer they get preference for good parents? For example, I really like Severa, so I try to get her one of the best fathers so she's top notch (even moreso than normal). Another example: since Olivia is the only dancer and dancers are some good, it'd be nice if her son were good, so giving Inigo higher priority (Chrom). Stuff like that.

I heavily favor Nah and Severa...

Arguably, the best Severa is fathered by Stahl. He passes Great Knight (Luna and Dual Guard+), General (Pavise) and the Myrmidon line (Vantage, Swordfaire, Pass, Astra). He provides good speed, letting a hero Severa cap out at 45, while also providing high strength.

For Nah, it's a toss up between Vaike, Frederick, and Donnel. Vaike passes Great Knight, General, Armsthrift, Sol, and the Thief line. If this is the route you go, Manakete is not the optimal final class as two of the reasons to go this route (Armsthrift and Axefaire) do absolutely nothing for her if you do (I often see her suggested as a Hero with him as the father, but haven't looked too much into it). Frederick passes Great Knight, and the always amazing Pavis + Aegis combo. This is allows the use of Manakete without wasting any skills. Donnel passes Armsthrift, Sol, Lancefaire, Galeforce, and the Troubador line. This is a more offensive oriented Nah, since the primary reason to use Donnel is Galeforce. Similar to Vaike, two of the better skills are useless as Manakete.

Miriel and Gregor gives the best Laurent imo. He gives Armsthrift, Sol, Vantage and other little goodies. Plus I think Mirel and Gregor's supports are cute.

Arguably, the best Severa is fathered by Stahl. He passes Great Knight (Luna and Dual Guard+), General (Pavise) and the Myrmidon line (Vantage, Swordfaire, Pass, Astra). He provides good speed, letting a hero Severa cap out at 45, while also providing high strength.

Just thought I'd point this out, but Stahl doesn't pass down General. I have a feeling you were thinking of the Paladin class.

I personally enjoyed Miriel/Lon'qu, so if you don't want to give Gregor to him, you could try that. Laurent gets Vantage out of the deal, which is all he's really wanting for as a Sorcerer. Gaius is okay too, since Laurent gets Sol along with Vantage for healing. I also liked Sully/Libra, but Kjelle would prefer to get a parent who gives her Mercenary like Donnel, Vaike or Gregor. Gaius is good too because she can still inherit Sol from him. Galeforce is good for her since she starts with Luna for offense, but if you want to keep her as a General or a bulky unit, you can probably justify not getting it for her.

Also thirding Cordelia/Stahl. The support is pretty sweet comparatively and it yields the best Severa by a long shot. (With Fred/Lon'qu as distant seconds) Vantage and Luna alone makes her godlike physically and one of the better casters despite the negative magic mods. Everything else is just gravy. Along with Yarne who was mentioned, Laurent and Gerome are also good Stahl kids, since Laurent likes getting Vantage and Luna as well as Dual Guard, while Gerome can run Vantage/Sol, can do stuff as a Paladin, gets Great Knight for Luna/Dual Guard and gets Aegis and Bowbreaker to deal with his flying weakness if he's staying a Wyvern. No speed loss is also pretty nice. Inigo can also use him to become a bulkier Chrom!Inigo, Noire can get Pavise/Aegis and Vantage to Sorcerer with, and Owain can use him to be a more physically inclined Ricken!Owain. Cordelia is still my personal recommendation because Severa arguably uses him the best, but there's really no wrong way to do a Stahl kid.

As for Nowi, Vaike has an actually pretty nice conversation with her, and Donnel is one of the few support options that I don't find sort of creepy, though if you're doing Vaike!Nah, you should probably know that you shouldn't do it to make her a Manakete. She's good as one, yes, but thanks to Axefaire she's better off as a Hero or General. (And as either one of those with Axefaire and a Helswath, she outdamages herself as a Manakete.) Donnel!Nah for comparison is the most hilarious thing for the main game because lol Armsthrift Aptitude Galeforce Manakete and actually OK from a min-max standpoint because Nah likes those defensive modifiers (and can eat the speed loss) and can make use out of Donnel's other class options thanks to getting Tomefaire as a Sage. She could make a really good Valkyrie if you want to mix things up a bit.

Edited by HeoandReo