League of Legends

Hello everyone! Here's the League of Legends thread for Serenes Forest!

To those of you who don't know, League of Legends (LoL) is an online real time strategy game that requires to blow up a base on the opposite side of the map by picking a character and powering them up.

Or just watch the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV2rRcskn4Y

And here's the website.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

Usernames of people who play! First name is the SF Display name, while the second one is the LoL display name.

Soren37-Soren37

BK-201-Ducktaped

Number One Ezreal-Vaidren

Stolypin Necktie-Stolypin Necktie

Kiriane-Kirielis

Manix-Manix312

Silvercrow-Landorin164

Shinori-Shinori

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai-Kai Bidan

Life Admiral-Life Admiral

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair though, Morde does have a pretty good laning phase although he's really easy to gank because his playstyle encourages bad play(IE you need to push the lane to be able to sustain yourself well enough with shield even if you're only using your abilities to get the last hits)

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=991563

also, fuck this shit right here. Double jungle or trilane bot meta incoming although if these changes do go live I'd probably just play HoN instead if I wanted to play a MOBA where jungling is not necessary(Well, jungling will ALWAYS be necessary in LoL because of Dragon but still, these changes would still fuck the jungle up real badly and just cater to really bad players).

New changes to jungle are going to be stupid if they actually go through.

Even though Morde's laning power is strong and all, his real weakness is lack of CCs and being unable to do anything while CDs are not yet done.

Mundo OP on Twisted Treeline, though that map is imba.

The red buff tweak in addition to changing respawn timers will force multiple characters to change. As it stands, characters that can clear jungle quickly will become powerful. Also this buff will shoot up the strength of junglers who don't require red buff. It's likely the change, if it occurs at all will take a while to place in due to balance issues.

So wait, they want to reduce the respawn timers for the creeps, and make red buff increase the movement speed of the holder?

So if we take a jungler that can be very ganky with a slow, and replace it with the haste, this pretty much ruins some characters, doesn't it?

I can't see Warwick catching up to a Kennen in Lightning Rush, even after Ult+E+Q. Kennen would still move too fast, even for the speed buff from Red.

So wait, they want to reduce the respawn timers for the creeps, and make red buff increase the movement speed of the holder?

So if we take a jungler that can be very ganky with a slow, and replace it with the haste, this pretty much ruins some characters, doesn't it?

I can't see Warwick catching up to a Kennen in Lightning Rush, even after Ult+E+Q. Kennen would still move too fast, even for the speed buff from Red.

The reduced respawn timers will also make Nasus broken. Gives him ability to freely farm his Q from jungle with no problems. And if he has to gank he has that ranged slow to help him out at least.

id say probably nunu and udry pretty dam powerful

Anybody with Fiddle would work too. Can also see Xin and Pirate being a good partner for anybody too.

So is that lava level ever going to come out, or was it scrapped or something?

They said that they released the information to early. It will be made, it's just under construction.

Or so I hope.

The jungle changes sound really dumb. Luckily, I mainly jungle Fiddlesticks (who's unaffected) and Jarvan (who is just as good in a lane) anyway, so I don't particularly care myself... but still.

That and the rumor that flash encourages "passive play" when it does nothing but the opposite. Meh.

The other change they were talking about was removing Flash. :facepalm:

I'm not sure where Riot gets its ideas from about who needs to be nerfed/buffed and what needs to be changed. Tristana's still running with AP ratios as an AD Carry, ffs.

The main problem with flash is that it's too much of a get out of jail free card. Also, I'm assuming that the speed increase will essentially make the holder as comparitively fast to enemy champions as before, just that they can get to tower more quickly.

Riot's old design philosophy was to incorporate AP ratios into all champions.

I thought as much, but really, Ashe, Cait, and any other AD Carry got the change over, and Trist is still sitting there with AP. I know that her E's passive and her Q makes her terrifying, because she doesn't need Phantom Dancers, or as many Phantom Dancers as other carries, meaning that she can focus more on things like IE, TBC, or Executioner's Calling.

Also, don't you just love low-level games where you see Ashe building AP and Maokai with a Nashor's Tooth?

Even funnier is when Maokai thinks you're beating you with 2/5/10, and when Leona decides to take mid away from you when you're playing Ashe.

The main problem with flash is that it's too much of a get out of jail free card. Also, I'm assuming that the speed increase will essentially make the holder as comparitively fast to enemy champions as before, just that they can get to tower more quickly.

It is, but that does the opposite of encourage passive play which is one of the so-called "arguments" against flash. Disliking get out of jail free mechanics is one thing, but frankly many champs already have this (cue eternal crying about Vlad pool), and without it people will just tower hug forever like they did when Eve could stun for fear of a Nunu or Fiddlesticks popping out of the jungle. The only way flash can be removed without incentivizing passive play is basically disallowing anyone with any CC at all from jungling. And everyone will just run ghost.

Flash at least succeeds in creating interesting plays with its offensive uses as well. Annie, Fiddlesticks, Urgot, Amumu etc can all do really awesome things with flash that aren't just escaping.

So a Patch Preview popped up a couple of days ago. Apart from Kayle's rework, Trynd's getting a Rage Bar, TF and Panth lose their global ults, and Galio's getting more tanky.

Kayle-never played as her, but I heard that she was way too item dependent to play. Where most champions rely on skills (AD carries sometimes excluded), she needed her items to be good. I'm glad they did the rework.

Trynd-Um...not sure how this will play out. It makes sense story-wise, but necessary/game-changing? I don't know.

TF/Panth-Glad and upset. Nothing frightened you more than that glowing orange dot above your head that meant "GTFO OF HERE AND GET TO THE TOWER!", and if you were out of position, you were doomed. Panth's was too long of a charge up. You could run out of there well before he landed, but this does make the champions easier to counter. Seeing an orange dot above your head when you definitively know that TF's in bot and you're top, you don't even care then.

Galio-he wasn't tanky enough?

Soren, pretty much all champs save support need items to be good. Kayle was a pretty mean solo lane, one hit 6, she was ungankable and unkillable due to self sustain from her heal, and her ultimate nullifying any attempted ganks.

Galio wasn't tanky enough and hasn't been tanky enough since the major nerfs he recieved on Idol of Durand. People basically only picked him for his ultimate, and when they nerfed that, he wasn't tanky enough, and didn't provide enough utility for his team. So recently more people have been playing him as offtank caster, but that hasn't been nearly as good as pre-nerf tank Galio. He hasn't been chosen competitively in a very, very, very, long time. Amumu has more damage, (as of now) a better ult, and is inherently more tanky. Not to mention he can jungle. What's the point of picking Galio when Amumu outclasses him in every way? This is a step in the right direction.

About TF, if you're out of position, and you're against a TF, you get punished. That's it. The real reason why Riot nerfed TF's and Pantheon's ultimates is so that late game, when the enemy team is pushing up your lanes, TF or Pantheon would too easily punish the other team and easily take some of their towers. Nothing was more stupid than pushing as a team and having an Enemy TF take all your inhibitors.

Yes, I am bored.

Edited by Piemanmj

It is, but that does the opposite of encourage passive play which is one of the so-called "arguments" against flash. Disliking get out of jail free mechanics is one thing, but frankly many champs already have this (cue eternal crying about Vlad pool), and without it people will just tower hug forever like they did when Eve could stun for fear of a Nunu or Fiddlesticks popping out of the jungle. The only way flash can be removed without incentivizing passive play is basically disallowing anyone with any CC at all from jungling. And everyone will just run ghost.

Flash at least succeeds in creating interesting plays with its offensive uses as well. Annie, Fiddlesticks, Urgot, Amumu etc can all do really awesome things with flash that aren't just escaping.

Harassment is pretty pointless with flash. Also, in every major tournament 10 flashes every time. Also, Vlad's pool isn't really free and doesn't give him additional mobility. Really it comes down to would you have taken 20% of your current health in harassment if you hadn't pooled. Yes, alot of stuff would have to be changed if flash was removed, that has been established. Ghost isn't as drastic as it isn't a blink and is still vulnerable while ghosting as opposed to flash.

So a Patch Preview popped up a couple of days ago. Apart from Kayle's rework, Trynd's getting a Rage Bar, TF and Panth lose their global ults, and Galio's getting more tanky.

Kayle-never played as her, but I heard that she was way too item dependent to play. Where most champions rely on skills (AD carries sometimes excluded), she needed her items to be good. I'm glad they did the rework.

Trynd-Um...not sure how this will play out. It makes sense story-wise, but necessary/game-changing? I don't know.

TF/Panth-Glad and upset. Nothing frightened you more than that glowing orange dot above your head that meant "GTFO OF HERE AND GET TO THE TOWER!", and if you were out of position, you were doomed. Panth's was too long of a charge up. You could run out of there well before he landed, but this does make the champions easier to counter. Seeing an orange dot above your head when you definitively know that TF's in bot and you're top, you don't even care then.

Galio-he wasn't tanky enough?

Kayle's rework was a nerf. Any champion going into late game build is going to destroy and carries are fairly item dependent. The new passive was one already known to be buggy due to how it works. Armor/MR reduction % outside of Void Staff and LW are known to be buggy as the shred is limited to base armor/MR which is fairly pathetic.

Alot of the high up Trynd players are complaining but the changes need to be tested before making a judgment call.

TF and Panth's Ult problem was not the ability to catch people out of position. Rather TF with half decent map awareness ports and BDs. His ability to take down towers and waves unopposed is incredibly high. Panth was weak so his ability to leap was hardly impressive.

Galio was (and still might be) considered very subpar compared to other champions as his tanking is completely relient on a combo of flash + Ult. Other than that he has no real way of getting people off his team as opposed to Alistar and Amumu.